1st Annual Harbinger Dream Matches Coming Soon!

Nokecity

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine wasnt sacrcasm was a close game and it was the first time I had seen you lol :p. I usually just play it safe I'm never just gonna go all in when its a very close match hence the draw out when you came to the node. This wasnt a "Best of" thread I dont think but if peoples names get mentioned then yeah you feel like your not being recognised. My fights were mostly grudge matches I picked lol :p

Mine and the OPs definition of soon varies greatly. I'm just going to schedule another duelfestapalooza for next weekend if something doesnt look up for the immediate future.

Nothing against the Shao, I am just impatient when It comes to these things.

Or is there anything really happening at all.....im starting to get the feeling this thread has turned out to be the "Come at me Brah!" thread.

Edited by Haystak

I'm pretty sure psirebral would win vs just about anyone mentioned in this thread

As for 2nd best who knows lots of good names out there I'd very much like to find out tho

You were pretty sure you would win vs me too though, Plaje. =]

Edited by Deimosmp

Mine wasnt sacrcasm was a close game and it was the first time I had seen you lol :p. I usually just play it safe I'm never just gonna go all in when its a very close match hence the draw out when you came to the node. This wasnt a "Best of" thread I dont think but if peoples names get mentioned then yeah you feel like your not being recognised. My fights were mostly grudge matches I picked lol :p

Agreed...this was not a meant to be a "Best Of" Thread, it was something that i felt the server wanted to see, keyword server. All im trying to do is give our server some fun, not meant to start animosity between individuals. I can say that there are some guys that arent on here. Mostly guys that arent on the ranked scene that are damn good players are not on here but thats not what this is about, that is just my personal opinion. If you didnt get mention to be in a dream match, that doesnt mean guys dont respect your skill, its what you feel about yourself, hell i think im a damn good Jugg, in "my" own opinion, i dont need anybody to confirm that. If you know you're a good player then **** what anybody else has to say.

Mine and the OPs definition of soon varies greatly. I'm just going to schedule another duelfestapalooza for next weekend if something doesnt look up for the immediate future.

Nothing against the Shao, I am just impatient when It comes to these things.

Or is there anything really happening at all.....im starting to get the feeling this thread has turned out to be the "Come at me Brah!" thread.

I would encourage you and anybody else to start organizing events for the server, thats what i was trying to do also, encourage people to come up with event and have a fun time.

I like your ideas to be honest. Dueling tournaments would be a great way for the less known PvPers to get noticed. I don't mean that in a bad way. There are plenty of good "up and coming" players that don't get a shot at rateds because perhaps they can't find a guild or a team that has room on their roster. I am trying to promote PvP on the server as well so feel free to drop me a mail or whispers in game if you think I can be of assistance.

You were pretty sure you would win vs me too though, Plaje. =]

I did win vs you ... Eventually :p it took me forever but I got a spec that works vs sorcs now so u better watch out

Psirebral though is on his own level honestly it's a clear difference dueling psirebral and other sorcs

I'm pretty sure psirebral would win vs just about anyone mentioned in this thread

As for 2nd best who knows lots of good names out there I'd very much like to find out tho

No way a sorc or sage beats a geared vanguard/pt...it's just a mismatch class wise. I'm pretty sure psi would agree in a horribly sarcastic way.

Well I don't know much about pt vs sorc, my guild though told me the same thing about sins vs sorcs and that's one of my hardest match ups

I guess pt in theory sounds like it'd work better so I'd like to see that matchup. In super hyped for this event xD

Not too sure why you consider sorcs a hard match up. I think I remember you run mainly dps specs. From my experiences: madness sins have the most trouble vs sorcs, deception puts up a fair fight (50/50 depending on luck and crits), and tank sins with burst dmg gear should almost win every match. For serious dueling purposes I wouldn't really recommend going anything other than tanking with burst dps gear to max win potential.

Edited by Dierdrea

No way a sorc or sage beats a geared vanguard/pt...it's just a mismatch class wise. I'm pretty sure psi would agree in a horribly sarcastic way.

Before the range nerf I'd agree with you. The counter table flipped on those two calsses since VGs took the range nerf though. This of course assumes LOS is avalible, and that you start at max range. The VG should never get off more than auto shots and a single rail shot.

Not too sure why you consider sorcs a hard match up. I think I remember you run mainly dps specs. From my experiences: madness sins have the most trouble vs sorcs, deception puts up a fair fight (50/50 depending on luck and crits), and tank sins with burst dmg gear should almost win every match. For serious dueling purposes I wouldn't really recommend going anything other than tanking with burst dps gear to max win potential.

This is exactly what my guild said and that's the opposite of reality. Tank stance does nothing vs all that energy and internal damage, they have too many tools to snare with and we can't deal damage outside 10m without recklessness.

In madness on the other hand we have plenty of ranged skills and a snare and ww which makes it a lot more manageable, and the stance damage is actually relevant with overcharge on.

I've been running all three specs and all the hybrids for a long time, my guild used to make fun of me for respeccing 10 times a day:) I now have a tank set of gear too which opens up more options, but tank is definitely not the way to go vs sorcs.

Even knowing that its still a very close match vs sorcs. Whereas marauders I have one spec to counter each of theirs, same with pt/snipers/ etc.

Edited by JP_Legatus

I want to see a geared scoundrel healer versus a geared operative healer.

It's the fight that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends, some people started watching it not knowing what it was and now they'll just keep on watching it forever just because it is the fight that never ends........

I want to see a geared scoundrel healer versus a geared operative healer.

It's the fight that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends, some people started watching it not knowing what it was and now they'll just keep on watching it forever just because it is the fight that never ends........

Two healers taking turns Flashin', Shankin' and Ball Kickin' each other... What's not to love about that!

This is exactly what my guild said and that's the opposite of reality. Tank stance does nothing vs all that energy and internal damage, they have too many tools to snare with and we can't deal damage outside 10m without recklessness.

In madness on the other hand we have plenty of ranged skills and a snare and we which makes it a lot more manageable, and the stance damage is actually relevant with overcharge on.

I've been running all three specs and all the hybrids for a long time, my guild used to make fun of me for respeccing 10 times a day:) I now have a tank set of gear too which opens up more options, but tank is definitely not the way to go vs sorcs.

Even knowing that its still a very close match vs sorcs. Whereas marauders I have one spec to counter each of theirs, same with pt/snipers/ etc.

Tank gear is only good for defending, in duels it is all about getting ahead of the other player's hp by focusing on dps gear. You want to be in tank spec for more control and some metigation but the key is the 3 stacks of harness which when combined with pure power gear and recklessness will destroy in 1 channel. Of course, cc the opponent and pop force shroud for lolz

I donno Maybe it is a personal thing, it is like me vs ops. I was at one point deadly afraid of ops after dravia schooled me back to the stone age and then having meggles just run circles around me and heal up while killing me lolz. Finally in one ranked match I was like, ah crap I got opened up on by an ops, then I realized most of them tickle...

Edited by Dierdrea

It sounds great in theory but you'll get off one and only one lightning via shroud, anyone who lets you do more than one is just bad. After which point you have piddly damage no range not enough gap closers and no good player will ever let you cast lightning. At that point any good sorc will just ww self heal and win

It sounds great in theory but you'll get off one and only one lightning via shroud, anyone who lets you do more than one is just bad. After which point you have piddly damage no range not enough gap closers and no good player will ever let you cast lightning. At that point any good sorc will just ww self heal and win

LOL I give up....have you ever dueled as darkness spec in proper dps gear? piddly dmg? not enough gap closer? ww self heal, how about vanish mindtrap? gotta save your cc break for that ww at least, what other cc do you really need to watch out for?

Edited by Dierdrea