The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Patch 1.7 - NO NEW CONTENT! WE WANT QOL CHANGES!

ObiJuanShenobi

Here is the line, BW... I'm drawing it.

There are a whole lot of us who DO NOT WANT NEW CONTENT FOR 1.7! Why? You have way more important stuff to worry about.

The quality of life in this game is terrible. You need to make drastic changes soon. I propose Patch 1.7 - Quality of Life.

- We need to be able to sit in chairs.

-We need to be able to customize our appearance (barber shop option)

-We need to be able to play mini-games such as Pazaak

-We need to be able to dual spec

- Implement getting drunk. I know it sounds silly...but I loved that feature in WoW :)

-We need to have an in-game guild calendar. Easier to set stuff up than just using the message of the day.

-You need to give a huge effort to fix the countless bugs in this game. I was in Voidstar yesterday, we (Republic) dominated it and destroyed the IMPS and capped every door after the IMPS didn't even cap one door.(if you play on PO5, you know just how rare it is to even get a win as a level 50), After we won, we were given the DEFEAT. What?? This place has been buggy since release. Tend to your crap!

Hopefully once (if) it comes time for an expansion, you will tend to other MAJOR changes:

-WORLD EXPLORATION! - As it sits, once you have quested through a planet, you have NO REASON to ever go back there. There needs to be major overhauls on your planets. Make it worth going back to!

-Flying speeders - many are against this because it ruins world-PVP...but guess what? World PVP is already ruined :) Flying speeders exist in Star Wars, kinda silly they don't exist.

-Off rails space combat. Think Battle Front! Can you imagine an off-rails space combat PVP WZ? Fight your way through enemy lines to board their space station, then fight your way through the station via normal combat to acheiv an objective. Beginning of SW Ep 3 comes to mind.

-Arena system! A little 3v3, 2v2, 5v5 would be awesome! What I DON'T want to see if this comes is making Arena gear the best in the game. There shouldn't be any "Arena gear", just regular Elite War Hero gear would be fine.

-New CTF WZ's.

-Gear-based tiering when you que for WZ's

-Cross server Queing

-Acheivement tab

-Cooking and fishing profession

-Paid server transfer!

-Paid name change!

- MORE THAN ONE BASE. I hate the buggy hell that is the fleet. We need more than one place to call home.

But for now, the focus needs to be on QOL changes for 1.7. Please make it happen...

If these features seem familiar....too much like that "other game". Please spare me the "Go back to WoW!". I don't want to go back to that stupid Panda Express. I hate that game. But they do have features that BW could learn from and would do well to implement.

I understand that SWTOR is in its vanilla stage, but changes need to be made soon or it will follow SWG before you know it.

Look i kno guys hare not happy with this game, in time game will better in time.. the thing you list can be with pach 1.7,1,8 and 1.9 ect... or with the maintenance , at least give them one more year to fix thing after that you un sub if you want lol :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

prefer a huge bug fix in 1.7

disappearing lasers

disappearing bosses

desktop crashes

global chat (where is the mass community when u cant communicate?)

and stop that crap for sitting in chairs and night-day circles, swimming, fishing e.t.c.

the game suffers from worse things like these

I can see it now. Patch 2.0 - The Padded-Chair Menace.

We've introduced 5,000 types of sttible chair that our whole 7 members of staff have spent five months developing! And with the freshly converted Ilum now the Chairs-U-Liek Megastore! Now with 99% more glitches and 0% extra playability! Pre-Order now and we will personally have our forum mods forcefeed you a load of automated response bull-s**t responses about how they care and take on board what we have to say! So come on down and spend your coins! (Caution, only available to the members of the community who aren't on the Sea-deep front end of the ToRtanic.)

Edited by Aziran

It's a quality detail that shows the developer cares about the game.

For example it speaks volumes that in Wahammer Online there was never a /sit emote in the Live game, dispite 4 seperate attempts to get one working (the last of which was under Bioware EA).

you do know this game had that feature at launch right? You can sit in chairs on your ship.

Quality of life is a good thing. Besides, isn't it an MMO basic to be able to sit down properly?

not at all. That's why you CAN sit down in chairs in this game. You have been able to do it since launch. Just go to your space ship and you can sit in any chair there.

While I do want some of the stuff on your list there, let's examine this for a second. Assuming, just assuming, that all the developers can work on the any part of the game, do you think this is worth devoting all their attention on "quality of life" content instead of working on the other things people, whom happen to not be apart of this so-call "whole lot of us," have complained about, which includes but is not limited to:

- A myriad of bugs including server issues, graphical bugs and customization functions not working, and cartel market issues.

- More Planets and Exploration

- More Species and Classes

- Different/Better Gear

- Free Holiday Stuff

- Holiday Events

- More/Less Cartel Market Items

- More/Less Free-To-Play Restrictions

- Improvements to the Story Content and a Continued Class Story

- Advanced Class "respec" and Dual Specializations

- More Legacy Perks and Legacy Bank

- More Space Missions

- Weather and Planetary Day-Night Cycles

I just grabbed all of these from the General Discussion and Suggestion forums, not that I agree with all this. Personally, I'd just rather see general bug fixing and stability improvements before adding more unstable content. But my point is, as the saying goes, get in line.

No OP I don't want any of that silly crap! :mad: I want more worlds to explore and more story line content. Who cares if you can sit in a chair or kiss a person of the same sex. You really you want BW to spend all that time making a few cut scenes you will never see after a two week story line. No really think about it. The cartel shop has been epic fail and I can't see anyone want to spend money to buy that crap. Unfortunately that is what they will be spending their time and effort. Edited by Innocences

While I do want some of the stuff on your list there, let's examine this for a second. Assuming, just assuming, that all the developers can work on the any part of the game, do you think this is worth devoting all their attention on "quality of life" content instead of working on the other things people, whom happen to not be apart of this so-call "whole lot of us," have complained about, which includes but is not limited to:

- A myriad of bugs including server issues, graphical bugs and customization functions not working, and cartel market issues.

- More Planets and Exploration

- More Species and Classes

- Different/Better Gear

- Free Holiday Stuff

- Holiday Events

- More/Less Cartel Market Items

- More/Less Free-To-Play Restrictions

- Improvements to the Story Content and a Continued Class Story

- Advanced Class "respec" and Dual Specializations

- More Legacy Perks and Legacy Bank

- More Space Missions

- Weather and Planetary Day-Night Cycles

I just grabbed all of these from the General Discussion and Suggestion forums, not that I agree with all this. Personally, I'd just rather see general bug fixing and stability improvements before adding more unstable content. But my point is, as the saying goes, get in line.

I think it is worth it. Everything you want is worth it too but every patch brings new bugs added without fixing old bugs and more eyes rolling over absent features common on day one of ALL other MMOs. It's really turning this game into more of joke through all gaming communities.

The more content they add without fixing old issues only makes it harder if not impossible to fix old bugs. Some of the problems may be too late already as they have become hard coded and will break far more other things if fixed now.

This game has/is becoming it's own worst enemy by continuing to ignore bugs. Taking a month to do nothing but bug fixes and quality of life upgrades will do the game more good than adding new content that only creates and further imbeds harmful issues.

Quality of Life Changes?

When I hear that phrase I think of the following:

1) Bug Fixes

From the incessant refusal of companion's to disable their lightsabers to the randomness of performance issues, lag spikes, ability/animation delays, and memory leaks I would not mind seeing a professional technical support patch be implemented.

2) Game Balance

It has been beaten into the ground: Rage-spec is now over-tuned beyond anything in the short history of this game's PVP, Sorcerers are useless in PVP beyond spamming the Bubble Stun exploit, and Mercenaries are essentially non-existent in PVP. Address these concerns!

3) New Content for subscribers

A handful of new warzones, operations, dailies, and space missions since launch is a good start. However, I want to see a serious Content Patch that expands upon the core game-play mechanic, Storylines. Ideally, interwoven story-lines that emphasize group play.

And this content should absolutely not be found in the Cartel Shop.

I think we can worry about whether I can RP a drunkard who lounges in the bar all day later, I want real QOL improvements to the core gameplay.

Some nice stuff that would be nice to have, but im affraid we are talking to deaf ears. After seeing how much new stuff the CM got with 1.6, I think its safe to assume that CM will be their main focus from now on. I hope im wrong but its just so obvious that they just want to make "money items" now and not new and exiting features and such.

Here is the line, BW... I'm drawing it.

There are a whole lot of us who DO NOT WANT NEW CONTENT FOR 1.7! Why? You have way more important stuff to worry about.

The quality of life in this game is terrible. You need to make drastic changes soon. I propose Patch 1.7 - Quality of Life.

- We need to be able to sit in chairs.

-We need to be able to customize our appearance (barber shop option)

-We need to be able to play mini-games such as Pazaak

-We need to be able to dual spec

- Implement getting drunk. I know it sounds silly...but I loved that feature in WoW :)

-We need to have an in-game guild calendar. Easier to set stuff up than just using the message of the day.

-You need to give a huge effort to fix the countless bugs in this game. I was in Voidstar yesterday, we (Republic) dominated it and destroyed the IMPS and capped every door after the IMPS didn't even cap one door.(if you play on PO5, you know just how rare it is to even get a win as a level 50), After we won, we were given the DEFEAT. What?? This place has been buggy since release. Tend to your crap!

Hopefully once (if) it comes time for an expansion, you will tend to other MAJOR changes:

-WORLD EXPLORATION! - As it sits, once you have quested through a planet, you have NO REASON to ever go back there. There needs to be major overhauls on your planets. Make it worth going back to!

-Flying speeders - many are against this because it ruins world-PVP...but guess what? World PVP is already ruined :) Flying speeders exist in Star Wars, kinda silly they don't exist.

-Off rails space combat. Think Battle Front! Can you imagine an off-rails space combat PVP WZ? Fight your way through enemy lines to board their space station, then fight your way through the station via normal combat to acheiv an objective. Beginning of SW Ep 3 comes to mind.

-Arena system! A little 3v3, 2v2, 5v5 would be awesome! What I DON'T want to see if this comes is making Arena gear the best in the game. There shouldn't be any "Arena gear", just regular Elite War Hero gear would be fine.

-New CTF WZ's.

-Gear-based tiering when you que for WZ's

-Cross server Queing

-Acheivement tab

-Paid server transfer!

-Paid name change!

- MORE THAN ONE BASE. I hate the buggy hell that is the fleet. We need more than one place to call home.

But for now, the focus needs to be on QOL changes for 1.7. Please make it happen...

If these features seem familiar....too much like that "other game". Please spare me the "Go back to WoW!". I don't want to go back to that stupid Panda Express. I hate that game. But they do have features that BW could learn from and would do well to implement.

I understand that SWTOR is in its vanilla stage, but changes need to be made soon or it will follow SWG before you know it.

You know... The devs have already addressed those concerns and are working on the ones that we need in the game first down to the list of stuff that are just wants. I'm not sure how many times we are going to see the same post about what players want over and over again. BW needs to place a sticky on their guild summit meeting or their live stream so that players can read/watch it and not have to keep posting the same thread over and over again. Its quite repetitive.

But yea some of those things are coming down the road.

All I want is Kira's saber to shut the **** down.

Yes, please fix this. This games primary strength is its immersion. Seeing Kira walking about with a lit double bladed saber on her belt is poor and immersion killing.

Edited by garrenveis
oops

Most of your suggestions make sense. However:

-Acheivement tab

Doesn't the codex already perform this function? Or do you just want those silly achievements like WoW has to give you something to do? Not that I'm necessarily against those if they're implemented well, just that I don't understand what you want here.

This is just copying WoW. Does every game need to have the same mini-games? Besides, to implement fishing, we'd need more than knee-deep water first.

-Paid name change!

I'm biased against this due to the protection of anonymity it offers. You could scam people or just be rude, and periodically change your name to clean your record.

I'm biased against this due to the protection of anonymity it offers. You could scam people or just be rude, and periodically change your name to clean your record.

Yeah, a name change could be a good or harmless thing to do in many cases, but in some, it would be just the opposite and could be abused. And if it gets implemented, I doubt people's ignore lists will be properly updated with the new name and a comment such as "formerly NinjaJerk"

they sure won't ignore a thread with 80 pages....

Sure, they do. They've completely bypassed threads that had to be closed and opened again due to the sheer volume of posts. The developers themselves do not grace the forums unless they are urged to clarify something by a member of the community support team. The dialogue we had established in beta has long since died.