Do You Think SWTOR Has Good High-Level Content?

dankat

Do you think SWTOR has good high level content?

Your thoughts.

It has as much, or more, as most MMO's including that kiddie panda game. Don't get me wrong there does need to be more and I hope they make some. But, having lost the trust of this management team, I am not holding my breath.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

imho the problem with SWTOR is that there is no long term content for level 50's to go after. Coming from grind fests like FFXI I greatly appreciate the ability to log into the game and be able to jump in an Op, WZ, FP, or daily area without too much fuss.

However, there is not much to strive for in relation to "epic" equipment. SWTOR lacks those really special items that people spend months going after. For instance let's say you get full Dread Guard. What happens then? Your guild can complete a nightmare mode. But for what? Bragging rights? There's no real special piece of gear that is unique that few have and all strive for.

I believe one of the devs mentioned that epic weapon quests would be coming in the future that would fill this gap. So we shall see.

No

50 PvP sucks, if you are a new 50 you pretty much can't PvP and you can't go back to lower levels and get used to it or farm comms to gear up. Pretty much if you wanna PvP you have to start early otherwise its pointless (not to mention all the other issues with pvp in general).

Since this is the only part I can remotely consider myself to counter with any decent knowleadge I will...

Honestly, this is the same for any game with a level up system and PvP, me and most of my friends PvP from level 10 to 50 if playing a new class while questing, why? Because getting used to killing mobs in PvE and players in PvP are very different, and as such I need to learn how to do both. Leveling PvE for 49 levels and then complaining that you suck in pvp, well there is no suprise there, you got 0 experiance, of course you will have a bad time.

Also on another note, if you play an MMO and expect not to repeat content over and over again, then you're in for a baaaad time, that is the nature of the beast, there is no way developers can put out fresh content at a rate that nothing is repedative :p

Edited by Astronium

in terms of WoW (which is the other mmo i play) this game has better end game the raids in WoW blow and are boring as hell and PVP lololol and blizzard main focus for more end game is more dailies.........swtor and wow maybe be equal in terms of number of things to do but the quality of content in swtor trumps wow in almost every way so there for i have much more fun in swtor than i have in wow currently.

Areas which:

1. wouldn't be unique in any way, as it's all been done before obviously.

2. were heavily disliked as people didn't want to camp for bosses in high level areas, so bosses became instanced, the high level areas no longer dropped best loot and quickly became forgotten.

Scaling also is far from something everyone likes, one of the common complaints with GW2 for example is that after all your work, you may still get killed in a noob zone due to scaling. In a game such as TOR, lorewise it'd make even less sence, as you do not just gain a number of levels, but you also become e.g. a darth. Then having a simple apprentice killing you, would be rather off.

So all you'd have done would be take features from MMO C + D, which are still going to be disliked by many others. Sure the game would have been different, but in essence it would also be in the same sort of situation.

Personally I think the main problem SWTOR has had during development and in the initial year, is that too many players saw it as a savior, regardless of which MMO's they came from. And so with that, a high level of disappointment was to be expected, and also very mixed views on endgame content are to be expected.

1) Everything in every MMO has been done before. Most of the things in MMO's were old before they made it to MMO's. They are "copies" of standard PC RPG conventions, melded with FPS and other real-time derivatives of RPG conventions.

2) It's a falsehood that "camping bosses" for phat loots is what most players want. That's what powergamers want. Most people just want to have fun and are realists enough to know that it is completely and utterly impossible to provide weeks/months/years worth of content that is fresh. Bad game design concentrates on phat loots as the reward, good game design makes the fun of the fight(s) the reward and any loot is the gravy.

Scaling randomly generated missions is not what you are framing it as. It is not boosting a level 4 monster to level 50. Proper scaling is taking a pre-made map, or randomly generating a map and populating it with monsters equivalent for that level. TOR has a distinct disadvantage in that all of the mobs are essentially identical from level 1 to level 50. All non-bosses are exactly the same, and they all act exactly the same. They have no tactics or any AI routines at all beside "wake up and attack". Bosses really only become bosses at about level 10, and then stay exactly the same to the end.

Further, we already have random maps. All Imperial bases (for example) are already identical copies of every other Imperial base. They are made from maybe a dozen puzzle pieces that can be assembled in mutiple ways to give the illusion they are different. They did a great job making them look unique, and some of them have unique components that aren't re-used in other maps, but essentially they are the same thing as randomly assembled CoH bases. They spent much time and effort making very good maps and then squandered that work with insipid monster design and implementation.

Edited by CosmicKat

No mention on the Legacy System or Elder Game Space Combat? They are both forms of alternate advancement at endgame.

Considering that the current developers seem surprised by the existence of the Legacy system when people ask them about where it's headed in interviews, I wouldn't exactly put that down as a positive. Like class stories, it's something that I enjoyed, something very unique to SW:TOR, and also something that's been completely neglected since it launched (unless you count giving you the option to use real money for unlocks an update).

It think that they recycle the same Operations (EC and TFB) and prolong them via introducing "Nightmare" modes.

Don't get me wrong, it's worked well for WoW, but SWTOR doesn't have to be a WoW clone, they could change it up a bit in the future if they actually tried.

It think that they recycle the same Operations (EC and TFB) and prolong them via introducing "Nightmare" modes.

Don't get me wrong, it's worked well for WoW, but SWTOR doesn't have to be a WoW clone, they could change it up a bit in the future if they actually tried.

Adding class-specific Nightmare story revisits would be pretty awesome. Getting to relive your grandest moments at the level cap would be fantastic (heck, even make it group content), and uniquely SW:TOR. Alas, the vast majority of what's been done post-release is aping WoW, so I've ceased to expect innovation.

Edited by CelCawdro

It's okay, you basically run the same dungeons over and over for gear. I wish TOR had a bit more sandbox in the endgame with better crafting, achievements and exploration. I've got a bunch of characters for the class stories but once they get to endgame I pretty much get bored. Endgame is not good if you're mostly a solo player; the same dailies or space missions over and over. Edited by MorgonKara

For PVE, indeed I do. The Ops are great and the difficulty amps up as you progress through. TFB was a nice addition. But the problem is that there isn't quite enough. I would like to see more Ops added and not necessarily at the extreme end of the gear spectrum. I'd love to have as many OPs as we have FPs.

I'm sorry, what? ''For PVE, indeed I do. The Ops are great and the difficulty amps up as you progress through'' This is your justification to why PvE has good high-level content? As if 99% of the games we play in these days don't get harder as we progress through. I'm sorry my friend but what you said is a load of bs.

You definitely need to join a good guild if you wanna have fun in an MMO, otherwise it feels like a single player game. When the Ops get to HM or NiM its nearly impossible to do it with pugs and you need vent in order to tell people how to do the fights since you can wipe rather easily.

But end game Swtor to me is a fun distraction while I level up my other toons and its fun when you do Ops, PvP, HMs. NiM or Dailys with friends in your guild.

This is not true. I've had tons of fun in other MMOs while guildless (Rift, Wow, Aion, Guild Wars)

Considering that the current developers seem surprised by the existence of the Legacy system when people ask them about where it's headed in interviews, I wouldn't exactly put that down as a positive. Like class stories, it's something that I enjoyed, something very unique to SW:TOR, and also something that's been completely neglected since it launched (unless you count giving you the option to use real money for unlocks an update).

1.2: Legacy Launch

1.3: Legacy Perks

1.5: HK-51 Legacy Companion

How has it been neglected?

1.2: Legacy Launch

1.3: Legacy Perks

1.5: HK-51 Legacy Companion

How has it been neglected?

A lack of further incremental development with every patch, as was the stated intent. Not to mention the fact that Cathar are going to be exclusively unlocked via the Cartel Shop with no Legacy option when it was formerly stated that additional playable species would utilize the Legacy system to be unlocked.

I'm sorry, what? ''For PVE, indeed I do. The Ops are great and the difficulty amps up as you progress through'' This is your justification to why PvE has good high-level content? As if 99% of the games we play in these days don't get harder as we progress through. I'm sorry my friend but what you said is a load of bs.

You are trolling right? I was speaking generally. In some games progress is a grind and not a skill level check and... wait... I think I'll stop there. Don't really feel the need to explain something so obvious to you.

No worries my friend. I believe that you believe you know more than most. And while you may think what I said is a load of bs, you also quite clearly demonstrated that you have difficulty understanding the rudimentary.

Let me know if you need me to clarify that for you. I can do so in one word.