1.6 ruined the game for me.

gabarooni

Now I really have nothing to do at endgame. I don't raid or pvp and there is no point in doing dailys cause they give you tioneese gear that is better then the gear you get from dailys commendations. Oh and I havent been able to buy Cartel Coins for 5 days and there is no help on that from bioware's end they say to clear my cookies lmao. Yeah go to the customer service section and you'll see that im hardly the only one who has the cartel coin bug. And on top of that all of the new stuff is on the Cartel Market (Which I can't use) Tis pretty lame.

I don't know if I can even play an alt knowing that my first day at 50 ill have nothing else to do cause like I said. I love progressing my toon but I have no interest in pvp or ops. Whatever happened to Online games having tons of content and giving you living breathing Online World(s) to play in instead of just a hamster wheel gear grind? I guess if your new to MMO's that might be fun for a little while but I wanted to play an Online Role Playing Game based on Star Wars not get my endurance up 2 more points.

But at least the gear grind was something(And yes I have done every quest on every planet). Oh yeah and my toons cant even wear the cloths I want them too cause I lose the Tioneese set bonus if I try putting the mods from them into something else.

I don't know, I really want to stick with this game, this is in no way a /I quit Thread but ugh these bugs and the games manic attempt to catch up to WoW is killing me. Really if I wanted to play WoW I would just , you know, play WoW. Eh this rant isn't going anywhere im just bugged I guess cause pre patch I was having fun buying some cartel coins once a paycheck and spending time leveling an alt and grinding daily commendations for some gear upgrades cause that was the only type of proggresion there was for me since I dont raid or pvp.

Eh anyways TLDR: Im bugged cause I can't use the cartel market for some reason and I feel like I have nothing to do at endgame anymore cause of the free Tioneese gear.

Columi, some Rakata, Black Hole and Campaign (armorings) are all available via end-game content that involves neither PvP or Operations.

If you wish to include HMFPs in your list of things that you don't do in end-game, then I'm not really sure what to tell you.

This is not a sandbox game. It has never been marketed as such. YMMV

Edited by Tamoxifen

You can get black hole gear without doing any Flashpoints, but it will be a slow process. I do not PvP and have only been to one OP but my character is fully Columi + black hole gear and it only took about a week and a half to get it all.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but let's face it, if you don't want to PVP, run OPs or do HM FPs at 50...well...there is nothing to do and that's not 1.6's fault.

The Tionese set you get is the most basic endgame set. If, as you say, you like grinding you can do HM FPs and get to columi level. Flashpoints are hardly raiding and you can be done with a FP in 30mins. At the same time, using Group Finder and the weeklies on Black Hole and Section X you can accumulate Black Hole comms to get Black Hole gear and most importantly, the campaing armorings that you can us to transfer your set bonus to any orange set you want.

Re-reading your post, I'm not sure I understand your logic at all. This is an MMO, change is part of the game.

It seems to me that you are frustrated with your Cartel Coins bug (and rightfully so), and you are taking that frustration out on something that makes absolutely no sense at all.

Edited by TheNahash

I'm sorry to say this, but if you don't want to PvP or PvE, then MMOs aren't your cup of tea. You can roleplay with people in a chatroom or something.

I belive you mean Themepark MMO's that do everything for you but push the buttons on your keyboard aren't my cup of tea. But I like Star Wars and I enjoy the ingame story so im hardly gonna quit just cause I don't want to raid or pvp just cause thats what MMO's are too you dosent mean thats what they are to everyone.

I belive you mean Themepark MMO's that do everything for you but push the buttons on your keyboard aren't my cup of tea. But I like Star Wars and I enjoy the ingame story so im hardly gonna quit just cause I don't want to raid or pvp just cause thats what MMO's are too you dosent mean thats what they are to everyone.

Ok rephrasing from an all encompassing statement that the prior poster used

The vast majority of mainstream MMO's in existence utilize a group-centric endgame progression design whether it be raiding (ops), higher difficulty standard size dungeon (flashpoint), or pvp (arena/warzone/battleground/etc.)

The implementation of 1.6 has no bearing on a distaste for this design as the only thing it changed was

A.Eliminated the tier 0 gear grind (I call it tier 0 because it is filler while you are really going after Columi or better once you hit 50)

B.Shrunk the gap between pvp gear tiers

C.Made the pvp min/maxers crazy with poor itemization on Elite War Hero gear that make pvp BiS a huge grind compared to just being functional

D.Added high difficulty space missions for someone really bound and determined to have solo content

Out of all of these A, B, and D are all beneficial to the game. One could argue C both ways (being that it gives the min maxers a longer time to work towards something while B means that those who don't will be more competitive in the meantime).

So again, sounds like themepark MMO endgame is not your taste. That is fine it is not everyones, but don't blame a patch for being the final straw here-- this was billed as entirely themepark from the outset with the added benefit of good leveling story.

If you have no interest in endgame and have seem all 8 stories while capping what you can do without being group at 50 then it is likely time to move on, but bear in mind you probably got a a heckuva lot of total hours playing time in the meantime.

Pretty much. And since you knew this was a Themepark MMO going in, there's no reason you have to be angry or upset that it didn't turn out to be what you wanted it to be.

It was never going to be SWG 2.0. I'm sorry. It just never was. There may be some minigames added, they might add a brand new space component, but it's never going to be SWG 2.0.

So if you don't like the Themepark MMO that BioWare said they were going to build, and you don't like PVE operations and you don't like PVP warzones and you don't like open world PVP and you don't like running dailies for running dailies, then it seems like your path is cut out for you, and has been from the beginning.

You can either level up alternate characters to enjoy the other storylines, or go find another game that says it wants to be what you want it to be. Good luck!

Eh anyways TLDR: Im bugged cause I can't use the cartel market for some reason and I feel like I have nothing to do at endgame anymore cause of the free Tioneese gear.

Huh? Tionese gear is so crappy that most people skip it in favor of much better options anyway. Tionese isn't end game, it's training wheels gear.

Pretty much. And since you knew this was a Themepark MMO going in, there's no reason you have to be angry or upset that it didn't turn out to be what you wanted it to be.

It was never going to be SWG 2.0. I'm sorry. It just never was. There may be some minigames added, they might add a brand new space component, but it's never going to be SWG 2.0.

So if you don't like the Themepark MMO that BioWare said they were going to build, and you don't like PVE operations and you don't like PVP warzones and you don't like open world PVP and you don't like running dailies for running dailies, then it seems like your path is cut out for you, and has been from the beginning.

You can either level up alternate characters to enjoy the other storylines, or go find another game that says it wants to be what you want it to be. Good luck!

The reality is some small-mid market sandbox MMO is going to have to far exceed expectations and become a near 1 million sub hit in order to truly trigger an interest in companies to make a AAA sandboxy MMO

It's just the fact that almost every popular MMO's endgame revolves around PvP and PvE. You say that 1.6 ruined it. What did you expect, mate? What is there to do in an MMO other than PvP or PvE? On RP servers you can, well, rp, that floats some people's boats. In EVE Online you can become a miner(because everyone likes to have a second job you have to pay for) ferryman or businessman, but no themepark MMO puts any focus on the in-game infrastructure and economy.

So, yeah, if you don't like MMO's main aspects that raiding and PvP are, then it's time to either unsub or level an alt once you hit 50 and finish storyline.