Dual spec?

wcmorris

I wish they would add an option to switch class specialization, or at the very least, allow for dual spec within your current class specialization. It would be very helpful to be able to use a DPS spec while soloing and doing dailies, and being able to easily switch spec, ala WoW, to heal or tank when in a group! What do you guys think? Is it something they should, or will add?

THIS IS S W T O R NOT W o W. If you want to change specialization during combat, play WoW. Why all peoples are compering SWTOR to WoW???

Probably because this game is a star wars themed, more story driven version of WoW? Implementing good features of similar games only makes sense, stop being so ignorant.

THIS IS S W T O R NOT W o W. If you want to change specialization during combat, play WoW. Why all peoples are compering SWTOR to WoW???

Go play WoW first before throwing out nonsense. You aren't able to change spec during combat in WoW.

Anyway, it'd be a good addition to this game to throw in dual spec. It'd allow for a lot more leniency in guilds to simply swap roles on players with ease for ops and warzones, without needing to fuss about with going to the skill changer every time, reassigning talent points, reassigning the hotbars, etc.

Just one of those features which make life just a little less annoying.

, without needing to fuss about with going to the skill changer every time, reassigning talent points, reassigning the hotbars, etc.

Just one of those features which make life just a little less annoying.

You don't need to go to the skill changer with the perk right now. Reassigning is still a pain though.

Implementing good features of similar games only makes sense, stop being so ignorant.

Implementing better features makes even more sense. And field respec is better at keeping your spec fitting to situation than any dual spec could.

What I'm hearing is that the "free field respec" is popular. From what I can gather, it is unanimously popular. Hopefully, BioWare is hearing that too, so maybe they'll realize how stupid it is to leave it there and not offer a true respec option, where we can save build templates.

BioWare seems to be fighting this tooth and nail, yet every time they make changes to their respec system, those changes bring the system closer and closer to a true dual spec system. Stop fighting it, BioWare, and make changes to bring this thing to it's natural conclusion.

-Macheath.

Daniel Erickson was saying a few months ago that their plan was to not only have dual spec but also have it work as a loadout for the ability bars If I remember correctly, and even maybe with gear. (well am sure he did use the word "loadout", what am not sure are the exact details, but he was saying it was more than just dual-specs).

So it's mostly like hood on/off toggle : on the backburner because of current content development and they'll release it one day, hopefully soon.

I don't remember when it was exactly, if it was during the guild summit, or later during an interview.

The developers have mentioned that it's something they'd like to implement, but we don't have any updates or a timelines for it right now.

Hi Allison, thanks for your answer.

If I may ask : do you remember when it was that Daniel Erickson was talking about the loadout thing please ? If it was during guil summit or during some convention ?

Implementing better features makes even more sense. And field respec is better at keeping your spec fitting to situation than any dual spec could.

You are so right the clunky mechanic that doesn't save any binds or hotbars is SO much better than one that does save it.

P.S. the devs agree with me.