Bubble Stun over-reaction

Vladnar

Listen guys, I've found the perfect way to counter bubble stun! I've been doing it every single warzone lately, and its 100% effective. I play a carnage marauder, and I tried so, so many different ways counter it. I've tried with doing scream from 8-10 to break it (not always easy, since its an important part of your damage, and therefore often on cooldown), vicious throw (execute, whenever below 30%) and deadly throw and hope it does enough damage. None of these method was perfectly viable, so I found a new way.

This way is guaranteed to work and counter bubbleblind.

Whenever I'm in a warzone vs someone specced in bubble blind, if its on my own team or the other team, I leave the warzone. I feel the pain of the other team's melee (unless its derpsmashers, in which cause I enjoy it), and I refuse to play when up against a broken mechanic that takes away control of my character that much. Try this solution, I promise you it works!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look keep the stun on the bubble but only for the caster. Dont let it apply to any other person. Then have it apply a little more resolve. Buff the dps the sorc can do, then maybe we wont have all these sorc healers out there.

Yes its no suprise were all healing, which is no bad thing as the imps win % in wz at the mo is pretty awesome enuff.

Look keep the stun on the bubble but only for the caster. Dont let it apply to any other person. Then have it apply a little more resolve. Buff the dps the sorc can do, then maybe we wont have all these sorc healers out there.

That's how it works for DPS sorcs, you know. Not all Sorcs can mass bubble. Healers only, and they sacrifice a good bit of healing output to do so. DPS Sorcs have a 5 second CD on static barrier...and it costs like 65 force for them (versus just 35 for healers, iirc). the static barrier CD is like 2 seconds for healers.

Edited by islander

There's absolutely nothing overpowered about bubble stun. It's on a 20 second cd, the duration is extremely short and it rarely ever actually saves me from death.

Basically, the OP marauders and PTs demand the ability to instantly destroy anyone in pvp scenario's. Anything that impedes this is 'OP.'

Yea, getting stunned three times in a row while fighting two sorcs as a melee really isn't fun...

Getting 3 shot by PTs/Marauders isn't really fun either.

Edited by Nonnolol

The only thing wrong with bubbles is the on-demand stun feature. make it impossible to manually burst and it is balanced.

Making it work on self-only will work if they put it in tier 2 in the middle tree or switch it to tier 4 in healing tree (instead of 20% snare on DoT sage healers currently get.)

Buffing DPS output/helping middle tree out in pvp viability is a given that should happen in the same patch that they nerf the bubble.

Congrats! In both scenarios you just used every good ability you have to kill one person. No idea why you would use awe before dispatch. No idea why you pushed the person since you can just use the short distance leap instead. You also did two smashes in 7 seconds or less which is not possible in the scenarios you provided. The complaint about rage is the AOE damage of the spec, not the single target burst so I'm not sure what the whole second portion was for.

You also failed to understand that there is more than one bubbled opponent on the other team. I agree that having a sorc with a bubble pop is fine, there are ways to go around it if you are smart as you have noted above. The issue is that 8 people have this and the only way to counter the spec is for your entire team to be ranged.

Epic, you get served two different ways to kill a very high priority target and you give the guy lip back. Forums are so awesome.

He pushed the guy to make sure he can't cast (my guess) so he can't insta heal/rebubble

Same thing with the Awe move (my guess)

are you sure he did those two smashes with a 7 sec pause? (or did the force push prolong the timeframe enough that he can pull his smashes off?) <-- I reread his post, I think he got something out of order in his rotation, you are right, 2 smashes, 7 secs. impossible. (may be the forcepush is the wrong place since forcepush -> guardian leap for distance is redundant. use specced leap as opener (more dmg on specced leap gives higher chance to burst bubble on saber throw))

Perfectly executed combination like that will leave the sage dead or hanging by a thread with everything on CD (including WZ medpack)

The other people with bubbles matter less if you forcepush the sage away from support (again a reason to go for push over 2nd leap) You immediate objective is to lockdown/kill the sage, blowing your CDs to kill off a high priority target without taking any real damage is a good use of your CDs.

I will give you that there is something fishy about the first rotation though.

TL;DR

he may be off on specific rotation, but what he suggests is a good play that may make or break any opening skirmish in a WZ. So congratulations (in a non sarcastic manner) IS in order.

Wow, such a mature reaction, kind of like the one above where you pounced on the guy for saying "stuns" instead of "controlling effects." I'm sure he regrets the error.

Perhaps if you would like to stop pointing out tiny mistakes and start participating in the debate, we will stop laughing and start taking you seriously.

Well Larry, let's see if he comes and corrects the error. Until then, he seemed like a blathering idiot who has no idea what actually goes on in PvP around him (especially involving the sorcerer class). I think you are the only one laughing at someone correcting mistakes on the internet. It happens every second of the day. Cheers.

Snipers much more less than sorcs in general.

Everyone and his mom wanna play Sith Lord With Bright Lightnings.

I know that, but teams of sorcerers are an awesome target for my sniper when they most likely are not DOT specs. Only thing better is a DPS op that is at range and does not have his in combat stealth ready.

Today i saw already 2 imp team on wz with 6 (six!) sorcs bubblestunners in each.

Its absolutely ridiculous, Bioware.

This guy is full of it.

I run 6-10 warzones a night on prop5 - an actual PvP server, and it's actually rare to see anyone besides me running it unless it's only on themselves (in other words, a pure DPS hybrid). Again, the only spec that can spam it on their team is a healer, and not a pure healer.

My biggest problem in warzones is telling the other sorc healers (non-bubble) to not use their static barriers on others, and to just focus on healing.

says captain lolsmash with all sorts of defensive abilities we don't have.

that's rich!

You're just mad you can't faceroll anymore.

Oh but I can still faceroll and will continue playing smash until bubbles are dealt with. And I did admit that smash is broken as well and way overpowered. I actually prefer playing combat but bubbles make that incredibly frustrating to play. As I've said before, sages can keep their bubbles but what ruins warzones is that they can apply them to everyone on their team turning everything in a stunfest.

Edited by Pahomi

Epic, you get served two different ways to kill a very high priority target and you give the guy lip back. Forums are so awesome.

He pushed the guy to make sure he can't cast (my guess) so he can't insta heal/rebubble

Same thing with the Awe move (my guess)

are you sure he did those two smashes with a 7 sec pause? (or did the force push prolong the timeframe enough that he can pull his smashes off?) <-- I reread his post, I think he got something out of order in his rotation, you are right, 2 smashes, 7 secs. impossible. (may be the forcepush is the wrong place since forcepush -> guardian leap for distance is redundant. use specced leap as opener (more dmg on specced leap gives higher chance to burst bubble on saber throw))

Perfectly executed combination like that will leave the sage dead or hanging by a thread with everything on CD (including WZ medpack)

The other people with bubbles matter less if you forcepush the sage away from support (again a reason to go for push over 2nd leap) You immediate objective is to lockdown/kill the sage, blowing your CDs to kill off a high priority target without taking any real damage is a good use of your CDs.

I will give you that there is something fishy about the first rotation though.

TL;DR

he may be off on specific rotation, but what he suggests is a good play that may make or break any opening skirmish in a WZ. So congratulations (in a non sarcastic manner) IS in order.

I have both a Rage jugg and a bubble sorc, I know how to both use it and break it. First, what he explained for Jugg rotation doesn't work. Some of it is correct, but cannot be done back to back. Secondly, it only tells you how to win a 1v1 and how often do you get isolated 1v1 in warzones. Thirdly, by the time I maneuver around enough to pop the bubble (and presumably I did not manage to attack right when it was applied) the bubble will be reapplied again during the fight. Meaning I have to discontinue DPS, move to range and start over again.

It's not a problem on one sorc, it's a problem on everyone in the warzone having it. One person is a mechanic and takes strategy to get around like any other ability. But when I'm in a 4v4, I can't move to range and pop all the bubbles. And, if we have some ranged attacking people. It's more likely that they will be popping different bubbles consecutively and chain stunning me.

Let's also consider that the likelihood of me having all of those CDs (40 sec to a min each) up at the same time is slim to none unless I just died. If you don't see the fact that a Jugg would have to use 3-4 different abilities to circumvent 1 on 8 different people, I can't help you.

TL;DR I said most of his rotation and philosophy will work on one person, but not the other 7 and it will not function in a multi-person fight. It's easy to say use your ranged abilities to pop it, but I don't have 20 of them to do this on everyone.

P.S. The 7 seconds I'm referring to was his second rotation. After smash, he has push (1.5), leap (1.5), choke (4), smash. Totaling 7 seconds. I think his first rotation has it being done even quicker.

This guy is full of it.

I run 6-10 warzones a night on prop5 - an actual PvP server, and it's actually rare to see anyone besides me running it unless it's only on themselves (in other words, a pure DPS hybrid). Again, the only spec that can spam it on their team is a healer, and not a pure healer.

My biggest problem in warzones is telling the other sorc healers (non-bubble) to not use their static barriers on others, and to just focus on healing.

I'll have to disagree. I've seen one on the other team in 7/11 warzones since the patch. I'm sure there have been some on my side as well.

anyone who plays this game competitively knows that good teams utilize this tactic of mass bubble spam. this completely ruins the game for anyone on the receiving end of the non-stop stuns. stuns are bad enough as they are with the new resolve system, and this tactic makes it 100x worse.

The bubble stun is not so much the issue, as being able to click them off on demand for an instant 3 sec lock.

If they only popped from damage, and the stun did not take effect through manual pop, the talent wouldnt look so ridiculous.

Not to say we want so much stun in game, but just to say it wouldnt be as much an uproar about this particular stun.

You know the range of the stun is only 5m right? So once you realise the other team as a stun bubble healer just try more than 5m away when it pops. Every single melee dps class has abilities that hit at least to 10m (whether as part of their main rotation or not) and thus can avoid it.

I prefer staying full healer spec on my sage as, like all the other sage/sorcs have said you sacrifice too much healing for a (mostly annoying, but not useful) gain in utility.

Ive hardly ever seen it in game and its just another short stun, theres so many, just load up on grenades and you'll do the same....virtually.

The bubble stun in sorcs comes through the lighning tree, rubbish in pvp as you have to stand still so much weaker than the madness tree and little use for healers really as they'll be giving up so much healing to get it.

You can lose healing for it or lose madness damage for it. hybrid...either way its the only thing that makes lighning even worth existing.

I hybrid heal and im not wasting all those points just to get it and annoy everyone but really, its certainly not that interesting an ability.....id much rather be doing 8k damage hits on crit.

Itll be just on the caster soon enough anyway.

after reading your first sentence your post became pointless. think about it.

Today i saw already 2 imp team on wz with 6 (six!) sorcs bubblestunners in each.

Its absolutely ridiculous, Bioware.

What server are you on, ever match I get into on Shadowlands (50 level) is full of smashmonkeys. I have only ever seen one other sorc even que. First 5 mathes today were with a minimum of 5 smashmonkeys on the other team and always at least 3 on mine.

As for someone's comment about having to pop all your CD to drop one sorc, understand at the end of that fight the sorc poped all of his CD's and is dead, while you are still sitting at full health or at leat 3/4 of it. I would rather have the option to kill you, but since you can three shot me, I choose to try and bug you until you leave me alone or a team mate can focus you while you focus me.

yeah, i would never run this on my healing sorc. OP or not, you sacrifice so much healing or on the other side so much damage for this. I guarentee you I would not have cleared 560k(in mostly recruit gear no less) on novare coast had I been a bubble sorc. Not to say that I dont use my bubble(as you get a quite a bit of healing points from it alone and it can help save your teammates from death blows) I just use it for the absorb/protection combined with my aoe and my other heals.

The only points I have in lightning are the extra force and the extra 20 percent buff to to the bubble. I would hate the idea of having to sacrifice force surge and revilification. I have 2 points in madness for the willpower, and pretty much the rest in corruption.

I am full Lighting DPS so I have it, with the knock back root, that tree is already so diffcult to play that even pve players don't run it. So you want to nerf it more?

while im not a big fan of the bubble stun people forget that that, and being a full healer(like myself) are the only ways to make sorc really worthwhile in pvp(unless your really good, overgeared and playing against bads...then anything is good)

Sounds like bioware is taking the sorcs side though, as they said any nerf to the bubble stun will come with a significant boost to sorc dps. Which would be great. This game needs more viable ranged in pvp.

I am full Lighting DPS so I have it, with the knock back root, that tree is already so diffcult to play that even pve players don't run it. So you want to nerf it more?

As I said in another thread it should be moved Higher in the lightning/telekinetic tree so hybrids cant take it.

Jenna'syyde

3-5-33 Balance Sage

7-3-31 Balance Sage

3-7-31 Balance Sage

11-18-12 Hybrid Sage