Life Day Orb

Jele

LOL..... if 10 seconds doesn't do it for you... hit the pedal a second time. Personally I rarely need more then 10 seconds anyway.. so I don't see what the huge issue is.

Not everyone can be as awesome as you Andryah. Some people need a little more time, due to whatever personal reasons it is. ;)

I think you are just complaining about the wrong part. While it is nice they made it 10 seconds. Why did they not make it heal you completely and have an improved rate of heal to go with it! 8) Edited by Aital

Is there a reason why this is only a 10 second channel compared to the carbonite chamber and class heals that are 15 seconds? Sucks having to use it twice because it doesn't heal you completely.

Sounds like a bug, to be honest. All the other regen animations do the same thing; chances are this is a bug.

Sounds like a bug, to be honest. All the other regen animations do the same thing; chances are this is a bug.

Exactly! And not a serious one either, considering some of the other bugs in game atm.

Instead of opening multiple threads in the forum about this..... /bug report it in game. If it is a bug, they will put it on their list of things to fix. Posting about it in General forum isn't the way to get it /bug-reported. It's simply complaining because you don't like the way something works.

Exactly! And not a serious one either, considering some of the other bugs in game atm.

Instead of opening multiple threads in the forum about this..... /bug report it in game. If it is a bug, they will put it on their list of things to fix. Posting about it in General forum isn't the way to get it /bug-reported. It's simply complaining because you don't like the way something works.

Now hold on. I said it "sounded" like a bug. The OP was asking, essentially, whether this was intended or not. I don't know for sure that it's a bug - I'm not on the developer team. It's perfectly legitimate for someone to ask if this is intended behavior without being attacked.

Why not General?

Well, we are off topic, but your question is in fact somewhat relevant... so..

Because it is a complete crap shoot in the context of getting developer attention. Which is why they specifically ask that players bug report things in game (even in the Customer Support forum, the CS staff tell people to bug report things in game so that they get logged). Right or wrong, that is how they work and if we really want things to be checked/fixed we should follow the routes they request. :)

Posting in general is just going to get opinions on all sides about whatever is posted. That is the very nature of general forum topics, especially in this forum.

And people being extremely sensitive about other people posting comments that they don't like is kind of silly IMO. Tone by the way... does not translate via words effectively in the internet... so I disagree with you about your sensitivity to tone. There was no harshness, or ridicule, to my tone in my earlier posts because there was no tone. I was simply expressing my opinions on the topic. If you post something... expect and be open to all manner of opinion and contrast and take it at face value.

/2-cents

Edited by Andryah

I was about to buy this as I have some extra coins and simply hate my inquisitors Seethe animation as it sometimes cancels for no reason and messes up camera a little, but if it only lasts 10 seconds I think I will pass. Thanks for info I stopped reading after the first couple pages though as it was just a few people talking at each other.

Guys. The point is that the Life Day Orb regen rate is slower than any of the other regen rates. This poses an issue in time-sensitive environments, such as PvP warzones. Yes, it also has a lower channel time, but the important part is that it does not regenerate your health and energy pool as quickly as other options out there.

It'd be nice to be able to use the item, but if the abilities that came with my class work better....it's not going to happen.

Guys. The point is that the Life Day Orb regen rate is slower than any of the other regen rates. This poses an issue in time-sensitive environments, such as PvP warzones. Yes, it also has a lower channel time, but the important part is that it does not regenerate your health and energy pool as quickly as other options out there.

It'd be nice to be able to use the item, but if the abilities that came with my class work better....it's not going to happen.

Exactly this^^ People somehow didn't grasp the problem. Thanks for the clarification.

If it's not optimal for warzones here's an idea ... don't use it in warzones.

If it's not optimal for warzones here's an idea ... don't use it in warzones.

True, and I'm not. However, I still want to be able to use it and I'd rather not have two regen abilities using up quickbar space. A small problem, yes, but those are 60 Cartel Coins for an item I thought I'd be using more. Should be a quick fix though, right? It just needs attention and to get noticed.

LOL..... if 10 seconds doesn't do it for you... hit the pedal a second time. Personally I rarely need more then 10 seconds anyway.. so I don't see what the huge issue is.

I'm sure you'd be fine if it were just 1 second........... in fact I'm rather surprised you even need to use it at all. :D

you know over 50% of the replies to this Topic are from you with just senseless Gibberish in them.... Awesome...:rolleyes:

I was about to buy this as I have some extra coins and simply hate my inquisitors Seethe animation as it sometimes cancels for no reason and messes up camera a little, but if it only lasts 10 seconds I think I will pass. Thanks for info I stopped reading after the first couple pages though as it was just a few people talking at each other.

I got it for my Sith Warrior. Since she is Light Side it doesn't feel correct to use her usual regen-type. The Orb feels much more Light Side to me at least.

Ahh, so you want a pay to win item placed in the store?

Its a novelty item, lets keep it that way.

Ahh, so you want a pay to win item placed in the store?

Its a novelty item, lets keep it that way.

I don't think he is trying to say that he wants the orb to regenerate your health and class pool faster than your own class heal. I believe he just wants it to be equal to the class heal to give people a different look when they heal if they do not like their own classes way of doing it.

I got it for my Sith Warrior. Since she is Light Side it doesn't feel correct to use her usual regen-type. The Orb feels much more Light Side to me at least.

Actually that's the best reason for these things I've heard............ by far in fact. :)

While my Jugg is "grey" (bounces between 10k dark / 10k light) I still hate the regen animation. So I picked up one for this reason only but your reason is actually a pretty good one as well. I feel slightly less dirty for paying 60 coins for this P2W item even though I had 90 sitting around and I wondered what to do with them int he first place.

The thing is: the orb and the carbonite do the EXACT same thing as your usual regen ability, just slower. None of them are on any cooldown or whatever, upgrading the Orb and the Carbonite to regen identical to your class regen ability has zero effect on how the game plays, but only means we'd have an alternative animation instead of Seethe and things like that. There is no benefit to using your class regen twice in a row, and you can't use both at once for double speed regen either. So no idea why anyone would be against the idea of making the two work the same.

The orb not having the same strength of effect as the class regen is basically as silly as non-combat pets not cloaking with stealth classes but remaining visible. Both are limitations that serve NO purpose.