What does elite war hero gear give you

wildwolfs

Sod all, i logged in looked at what was on offer and its realy not worth the grind for what ? nothing. Enjoy your lol smashers in war hero gear because thats all you will see in WZ now. Good job, nice kick in the teeth for every one that grinded there WH gear.

Sod all, i logged in looked at what was on offer and its realy not worth the grind for what ? nothing. Enjoy your lol smashers in war hero gear because thats all you will see in WZ now. Good job, nice kick in the teeth for every one that grinded there WH gear.

I grinded for what seemed like forever for my fully WH geared & augmented gear on my Healer OP, but you know what.... It does not bother me at all that there will be equally geared folks in the WZ's. you want to know why i feel this way.... because now when you kill someone its because it was more skill based and not gear based that did it... the only ones that will really be whining about this are the lesser skilled players whom cant kill anyone on there own gear stats level.

I don't know why your complaining this happens in every mmorpg including wow. Your current arena gear becomes obsolete or the equivalent of bm gear on the vendors, which can be grinded in one week. Now that old arena gear took you at least two months to acquire or longer.

Grow up because he is unhappy with something he paid for? If I'm unhappy with the food I order in a restaurant I return it or get my money back if its that bad. Same thing with a product purchase. If he was getting this service for free you could be justified in telling him to "grow up." Being unhappy with a product or service you paid for has nothing to do with maturity level. In fact, to put it lightly, you are a pushover if you just accept your product/service provided is shoddy and will continue to be so.

I don't care about the grind but he's right about how crappy it's going to be when every rage spec player is in full WH. It's been tolerable up until now because you'd only run into a full wh one that could hit you for those insane numbers every now and then. Give it a week and 90 % of all smashes are going to be delivered by a WH mara. Enjoy those +5K AOE'es every time, 7K if you're in light armor.

Grow up because he is unhappy with something he paid for? If I'm unhappy with the food I order in a restaurant I return it or get my money back if its that bad. Same thing with a product purchase. If he was getting this service for free you could be justified in telling him to "grow up." Being unhappy with a product or service you paid for has nothing to do with maturity level. In fact, to put it lightly, you are a pushover if you just accept your product/service provided is shoddy and will continue to be so.

If he's unhappy than leave. Simple as that. Vote with your dollar, because you're not entitled to anything.

Edited by Smashbrother

1.2 was a kick in the mouth for those who grinded BM

F2P was a kick in the mouth for those who payed before it went f2p

Thus is the nature of the MMO: GROW UP.

^ That. If this was the bag-era there'd be something to gripe about, but it's not. I suggest enjoying the fact that skill matters even more now.

"Grow up"

So that's your "mature" response to what you perceive as an immature gripe? Well done.

The simple fact is that people who spent the time grinding WH gear were ROBBED. Their time and effort in getting that gear was suddenly made meaningless. And, from what some of the old-timers on this thread have indicated, it's not the first time this arbitrary value wipe has ocurred.

I'm curious ... does this ever happen with PVE gear? Will the value of Black Hole gear be reduced by more than two thirds on some future update?

"Grow up"

So that's your "mature" response to what you perceive as an immature gripe? Well done.

The simple fact is that people who spent the time grinding WH gear were ROBBED. Their time and effort in getting that gear was suddenly made meaningless. And, from what some of the old-timers on this thread have indicated, it's not the first time this arbitrary value wipe has ocurred.

I'm curious ... does this ever happen with PVE gear? Will the value of Black Hole gear be reduced by more than two thirds on some future update?

I am glad people are calling out the bullies. Telling someone to "grow up" is just a bully tactic.

BW clean up your message board, there's a lot of crap floating on the surface.

Don't make me wipe out my Mickey.

Edited by Toasted_Coconuts

I have have been here since early access grinded through bm, wh and now starting the grind to ewh. I see it like this.

1. i understand the frustration but we still reaped the rewards of the better gear from start to finish. each peice grinded put us ahead of the fresh 50's as we built ourself in to the noob pwner we all strive to be. so to say it meant nothing is hardley the case as up until this morning from start to finish it has always givin us an edge.

2. also scaleing gear like this is good for the comunity none of us enjoyed getting thrashed forever to grind our way up to min/maxing but the experiance alone has put us above the rest. this gives all the new players a chance to gear up (btw they are still behind as they will be working on wh while we are upgradeing to ewh) what this does is make the wz's more competitive across the board where its more about skill and less about gear. this in turn is good for all pvpers close games=more fun=more people stay= better pvp for everyone

3. bioware can get concrete data on which class/specs are really op do to the gear divid shrinking this is the best time to get data on the class's as there is less desparity. as oposed to pve hero's jumping on the message boards crying nerf when its not the class its the gear. for the developers this is a chance to truly see how all the classes performe with close to equall gear.

idk like i said its frustrating when you work so hard and you feel like others get it easy but thats what seperates the leet pvpers from the nub's not to mention it feels so much better pwning some nub in full aug wh then in recruit. the great pvpers welcome this as its a test of skill not just lolfacerolling a bunch of undergeard players to feel tough. but hey everyone is entitled to there opinion this is just the way i see it

"Grow up"

Is this your first MMORPG or something?

And yes, BW did this to pve gear too. They just made it so everyone gets free Tionese now.

Edited by Smashbrother

Thats happens because the PvP is broken. The Devs have no clue what to do with class balance and thus we have all this GearGrind and the loss of gear value after some time.

I gived up on PvP a long time ago. The only «need» for PvP for me is to get Relics and MH/OH for my new toons.

Last week i was forced to do some PvP to get comms for the 1.6 «big gear sale».

I stacked the 4500/2700 comms..

It was ridiculously fun to faceroll all with my one toon and be facerolled by all with my another toon.

PvP balance is a joke in it`s current state.

I pity for all who play this game exclusivelly for PvP.

Maybe in 1.7 the situation with PvP will change, but with current people in charge i doubt it...

The PvE is what helps this game to survive..

Edited by Missandei

I'm not usually a grammar nazi ... but the past tense of Grind is Ground .... not 'Grinded'.

I say this because, OP, you're not helping your case by coming across as ignorant.

Also, one poster said 'Gived'. The past tense of Give is 'Gave'. I really shouldn't have to tell you that.

Back on topic, though, and my own tuppence worth is that I'm mad as hell that the WH mountain I spent months climbing was reduced to rubble overnight.

That said - the gear disparity was the worst thing about WZ. Now we're all super, and no-one is.

"Grow up"

The "grow up" comment is very fitting. There's no real reason to discuss things with immature people who can't argue from a neutral viewpoint. Maturity usually helps people gaining perspective

The simple fact is that people who spent the time grinding WH gear were ROBBED.

A good example of an immature point of view. You may FEEL robbed, you may THINK that you lost something. In reality, you didn't, so... Grow up.

Their time and effort in getting that gear was suddenly made meaningless.

How is that a bad thing? I've been full WH on my main for ages, I would rather play PvP where skill is meaningful and gear is meaningless. If you feel your enjoyment of the game comes from a shiny new gearpiece, play PvE, that's where the Skinners Box belongs. I enjoy close matches in PvP, where skill, tactics and timing decides the winner, NOT who's better geared.

And, from what some of the old-timers on this thread have indicated, it's not the first time this arbitrary value wipe has ocurred.

And it's probably not the last time either.

Replies in green.

Oh and..

Grow up.

I am glad people are calling out the bullies. Telling someone to "grow up" is just a bully tactic.

BW clean up your message board, there's a lot of crap floating on the surface.

Don't make me wipe out my Mickey.

How's that a bully tactic? If someone like the OP starts a QQ thread about something like this, then in all fairness, growing up is something the OP needs to do..

This is the OP

What is his gripe?

1) That he doesn't want to grind WH gear cuz it isn't giving him enough of an advantage over WH?

2) He doesn't like lolsmashers?

3) He feels BW treats him unfairly?

I used to throw temper tantrums too... Back when I was a kid.