1.6 is really important

Slowpokeking

First major patch since F2P, and we will see how good can Bioware do in 6 weeks since they said major patch every 6 weeks. I really hope the tragedy of 1.4 will never, ever happen again. Not saying the patch changes are horrible but the bugs it brought us.

One small step for man, three giant steps back for TOR.

Every patch, bugs are ignored and not dealt with, while adding more bugs to the existing ones.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Up until the expansion Rift has had 11 content patches in 20 months, an average of 1 patch every 1.8 months. SWTOR has had 6 patches in 12 months, an average of 1 every 2 months. I think your math is a little off there.

And alot all of it was done before launch or they pushed back the REAL content to put in things that SHOULD have been in a "AAA MMO". Quality of life "Major updates" Like a group finder and legacy dont count as content. Try again buddy.

Edited by Kazaganthis

Up until the expansion Rift has had 11 content patches in 20 months, an average of 1 patch every 1.8 months. SWTOR has had 6 patches in 12 months, an average of 1 every 2 months. I think your math is a little off there.

Post exact amount of CONTENT released pls, otherwise youre just trolling.

And alot all of it was done before launch or they pushed back the REAL content to put in things that SHOULD have been in a "AAA MMO". Quality of life "Major updates" Like a group finder and legacy dont count as content. Try again buddy.

You realise WoW had references to content up to and including the Burning Crusade expansion in the launch version of their game right?

Your point is invalid. Every MMO develops content ahead of delivery. Many things get developed at launch and held back to ensure players keep being fed little bits of content to keep them satisfied. And the point of TOR content being 'short': At least you do things that matter instead of, say, grinding the same thing over and over again for weeks to improve your 'server progress' on an event.

Old MMO's did not have more content, they had more time sinks. Major difference.

But yeah, I'm sure you'll just come in and say I'm wrong because that's just how you feel games "should" be done even if not 1 game actually does it the way you say real MMO's do it.

Content = new things you can do or achieve in game. Everything new you can do means the game has received more content. Everything that TOR has released except bug fixes, Group Finder and Ranked Warzones (debateable) counts as content. Simple fact.

But yeah, I'm sure facts aren't high on your list of things you want to use in a discussion.. so I'm probably wasting my time.

Edited by Devlonir

He is just trolling. Hes using things like Group Finder as content. What a joke lol

Yah, not to mention RIft had merges/free servers transfers not long after launch, as soon as there was need for it.

I must admit, Rift was best example of how launch and post launch stuff has to be dealt with, their anticipation/reaction/timely provided solutions to problems are pure contrast to SWTOR.

Now, dont make mistake, i think RIft is not a good game (lackluster story/world, focus on raid for gear or die endgame, Rifts became boring too fast because every one was same...), but the way they actually handled the game during launch/post launch was admirable and shoud be put as example in textbooks.

And EA should read those textbooks.

And i must admit, when i played RIft in few open betas i took quite a few things for granted (basic functionaliy) but SWTOR has proven its way away fom granted.

Edited by GrandMike

Yah, not to mention RIft had merges/free servers transfers not long after launch, as soon as there was need for it.

I must admit, Rift was best example of how launch and post launch stuff has to be dealt with, their anticipation/reaction/timely provided solutions to problems are pure contrast to SWTOR.

Now, dont make mistake, i think RIft is not a good game (lackluster story/world, focus on raid for gear or die endgame, Rifts became boring too fast because every one was same...), but the way they actually handled the game during launch/post launch was admirable and shoud be put as example in textbooks.

And EA should read those textbooks.

And i must admit, when i played RIft in few open betas i took quite a few things for granted (basic functionaliy) but SWTOR has proven its way away fom granted.

I wonder what are you doing here then since SWTOR is just that.

:rolleyes:

I wonder what are you doing here then since SWTOR is just that.

:rolleyes:

So, is selective reading your specialty or just side activity?:rolleyes:

AND if i was actually interested in that (PART of what you bolded) i WOULD be playing Rift since its much much better. And will always be.

Edited by GrandMike

So you don't like SWTOR either? and you are here just to tell us that both MMOS are bad? or am i missing some deeper hidden meaning your post?

Oh my gosh, selective reading IS your specialty.

Ans your strawman...is very poor.

Edited by GrandMike

Oh my gosh, selective reading IS your specialty.

Ans your strawman...is very poor.

Sigh..you say Rift is not a good game because it focuses on poor world and end game design of raid or die. Considering this is forums for SWTOR which follows the exact same formula. Either you are missing the irony (in case you think SWTOR is a better / good MMO) or you equally dislike both and are just not into raiding.

There is no strawman here but an attempt to make sense of your vague post.

Edited by Gorrdan

If Kira's lightsaber is sticking through her head, it's YOUR fault; she IS your padawan, teach her to put it away correctly already.

I don't think I'd know what to do with myself if Kira suddenly turned her lightsaber off. What would I make jokes about!? I mean, she actually has a scar on her face on the exact same side the lightsaber goes through. It's priceless!

I honestly think I'd have to change companion if she put her lightsaber away right.

First major patch since F2P, and we will see how good can Bioware do in 6 weeks since they said major patch every 6 weeks. I really hope the tragedy of 1.4 will never, ever happen again. Not saying the patch changes are horrible but the bugs it brought us.

Yeah about their release schedual, I really don't care if it doesn't come out every 6 months. The fact they are releasing content at such a steady stream in under a year is just astounding enough to keep me playing more. I mean really, there are games that take 6 months before releasing new content.

As for the bugs, well they said they would fix the PTS character copy before Makeb hits PTS so that should actually eliminate bugs being condensed over the each patch release.

Sigh..you say Rift is not a good game because it focuses on poor world and end game design of raid or die. Considering this is forums for SWTOR which follows the exact same formula. Either you are missing the irony (in case you think SWTOR is a better / good MMO) or you equally dislike both and are just not into raiding.

There is no strawman here but an attempt to make sense of your vague post.

Selective reading and strawman is strong with this one.

You knw, if you actually read the post and try to make non - exisitng points in it (things that you fabricated as strawman) then it will make sense to you like it does to everyone else.

Now you even know what strawman means. Ill leave you to it.

Edited by GrandMike

I'd trade it all for companion weapons behaving

Companions having matching armor again

The ability to inspect others without seeing my nameplate and armor would be handy, too.

Companions jumping off ledges while I wait for an elevator would be keen.

Selective reading and strawman is strong with this one.

You knw, if you actually read the post and try to make non - exisitng points in it then it will make sense to you like to everyone else.

Now you even know what strawman means. Ill leave you to it.

Sir repeats a lot strikes again. You keep going in circles around what i am saying without even trying to explain your post which is ironic at its best. Like i said there is no strawman here but i do smell double standards and lots of hypocrisy.

Edited by Gorrdan

Thats because i dont deal with peoples selective reading and strawmans. :D

You need to find more words because right now your vocabulary seems very limited to me.

You are on purpose trying to avoid what i said because i hit a nerve with you. it is all right...now you can take you ball and go home. SWTOR fanboy saying Rift is bad because of its raid or die end game design...lol!!

Edited by Gorrdan

Look at what Rift has released in those patches compared to SW:ToR. Proceed to shove foot in mouth.

You need to find more words because right now your vocabulary seems very limited to me.

You are on purpose trying to avoid what i said because i hit a nerve with you. it is all right...now you can take you ball and go home. SWTOR fanboy saying Rift is bad because of its raid or die end game design...lol!!

Wow insults start flying, sorry i pointed point out your selective reading and strawman.

And you STILL havent figured it out, do you really miss words like that when you read, i find it fascinating.

Wow insults start flying, sorry i pointed point out your selective reading and strawman.

And you STILL havent figured it out, do you really miss words like that when you read, i find it fascinating.

I don't think you understand what those words mean.

Have you read your own posts before telling me that i am insulting you? if irony was a train and hit your right in the face you still wouldn't know what hit you. And for someone who doesn't like to entertain likes of me you surely can not stop replying.

Such a drama queen.:eek:

I don't think you understand what those words mean.

He just learned a new fancy word and he likes to repeat it a lot. :D

Edited by Gorrdan