Cyrillic in the chat (Russian Topic)

Buks

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it does impact the game...Go run a dungeon/flashpoint whatever it's called here with rest of the group speaking in, I don't know, Arabic or something, and then you can tell me Cyrillic letters won't bother me.

Most MMOs with multi-language support manage to be fine.

Since the game lacks Russian Localization, the players will still use English for finding groups but be able to converse amongst each other in Russian.

ok, afaik there are only german, french and english language support, so what should people from other counties do? praying bioware to add their native language support or start studying english?

I'm not saying don't support other languages, I'm saying don't do it in English language server

Most MMOs with multi-language support manage to be fine.

Since the game lacks Russian Localization, the players will still use English for finding groups but be able to converse amongst each other in Russian.

Actually they don't manage to be fine, WoW had to make Russian servers just because of all the spamming they do in trade chat

ok, afaik there are only german, french and english language support, so what should people from other counties do? praying bioware to add their native language support or start studying english?

The answer is START STUDYING ENGLISH :)

P.S. Its kinda sick to read alot of "crying" from russians about cyrillic.

Edited by Belkoden

Hi all who will read this in this massload of threads!

I love Bioware since I am a teenager hence I would please that SWTOR will have ultimate success. I have played a lot of MMOs so far and for the people playing on "unofficial claimed russian servers" the game can turn out to be a nightmare, if they dont understand russian of course. I never experienced it myself so far but with hearing that Niman got claimed to be russian unoffical server, I really came to the conclusion that one should negociate something also with the russian community.

Thing is that a lot of people especially in an MMO, if not being able to interact in groups are turning out to loose the fun of the game. Left alone in the galaxy of speech.

Hence after seeing this russian thread I strongly would appreciate a professional solution for a russian server base, whether yes or no to cyrillic support.

- Just my 2cents

I'm not saying don't support other languages, I'm saying don't do it in English language server

Well, following your logic, if you come for a visit to Poland, Russia, Nigeria or Brazil or some other non-English speaking country then you have no right to speak in this country in English, because you also come to another country and can only receive assistance and advice from the receptionist at the hotel in their native language, otherwise you are obliged to deportation by.

You want it in this game? :cool:

Edited by Dagond

That doesnt have anything to do with this...

It actually does.

I live in US, but I can speak and write in few other languages. Suppose I want to send a private chat to someone in game in that other "weird" language which they can actually read and understand just like myself; however, currently they will see unreadable garbage on the screen.

Once again, it is not even matter or policy or localized servers -- it is a bug and an improper coding standard, and it should be treated as such

It actually does.

I live in US, but I can speak and write in few other languages. Suppose I want to send a private chat to someone in game in that other "weird" language which they can actually read and understand just like myself; however, currently they will see unreadable garbage on the screen.

Once again, it is not even matter or policy or localized servers -- it is a bug and an improper coding standard, and it should be treated as such

It is an English speaking server there is no sense in bothering adding Cyrillic to it

ONLY Aurek Besh!

But Seriously, why is it that Russians are so affraid to mingle with people from other countries and write in a language everybody understands? I see it in all MMO's. I have played with a lot of differnent nationalities and they all have english as their "bussiness language" and even when I'm around other Danes we often communicate in English anyway, mostly out of politenes because it seems rude to talk "secretly" around other people.

I vote no for cyrillic and encourage my Russian bro's to get more out and mingle with the rest of us.

You know, some of us are really nice guys. :)

TT

It is an English speaking server there is no sense in bothering adding Cyrillic to it

Why then every single software that YOU have on YOUR computer that is not in the backwards Russia (I presume) supports all other languages and you can type weird letters there? I can see Chinese gibberish in my browser just fine. I don't understand it, but it displays just fine and my browser is in English.

It actually does.

Exactly.

I work with a Russian that lives in a house with 3 other Russians, all these guys do is work, play tennis, and play MMOs.

I fully support their ability to use their native language while playing on a US server on the East Coast where they live.

Just add Russian speaking servers or something, so they can spell English words in Cyrillic. That's what they do there anyway. It's kind of sad to see language of Leo Tolstoy and Turgenev being torn apart by illiterate kids.

As Russian-American I don't want to see any Russian, French, German, Hindu or Mandarin on English speaking servers.

Just add Russian speaking servers or something, so they can spell English words in Cyrillic. That's what they do there anyway. It's kind of sad to see language of Leo Tolstoy and Turgenev being torn apart by illiterate kids.

As Russian-American I don't want to see any Russian, French, German, Hindu or Mandarin on English speaking servers.

finally, someone else who understands what im on about. You sir, just made my day