Ignore account

darthstinji

with the influx of credit sellers, and their ability to create multiple toons from a single account before you are able to ban them, I feel you could really put a dent in their operation if you gave us the ability to ignore not just one specific toon but the toon and every toon (created before and after the ignore) from the account. This would combat harrasment and many other issues.

just my 2 cents

Knew there was at least one of these somewhere... Bumping so I don't have to make another topic.

This is something most definitely needed... not just in regards to the BUY CREDITS NOWNOWNOWNOW spam, either.

If I put someone on ignore at all, it's for a reason, and I don't want to end up in a group/WZ/etc with this person on one of their alts.

Also, perhaps a question with an obvious answer - does ignore prevent us from getting in-game mails from the same person? Because I've received advertizements for credit sellers on my characters, reported them as spam and then put the name on ignore. Not sure if that prevented further mails or they just didn't bother sending another one.

EDIT : Duuuur, don't know why I didn't just test it before now. Brain failure.

Anyway, just tried with my own characters, putting someone on ignore does not prevent the sending of mail. You don't see the mail in your box, but the icon that you've been sent something shows up.

Edited by Mirhd

• 1 year later...
Why not? Since you said it, might as well say why.

What's the point? A f2p has only 2 chars anyway, so it would be just one other char you'd auto-ignore.

Most credit spammers have just the 10 million credits achievement and maybe 20 kills on the starter planet to get to level 7, I don't think they bother to make a second char on this account, BW certainly would ban the whole account not just the one char that spammed, so it would be a waste of time to level a second char on this account, and the spammer surely won't pay BW any money to get to preferred status.

What's the point? A f2p has only 2 chars anyway, so it would be just one other char you'd auto-ignore.

Most credit spammers have just the 10 million credits achievement and maybe 20 kills on the starter planet to get to level 7, I don't think they bother to make a second char on this account, BW certainly would ban the whole account not just the one char that spammed, so it would be a waste of time to level a second char on this account, and the spammer surely won't pay BW any money to get to preferred status.

Unless the spammer deletes the char and starts over and over.

But this wouldn't only apply to gold spammers, but to other people you ignore so you don't wind up grouping with an alt of a person you're ignoring

Edited by LyraineAlei

But this wouldn't only apply to gold spammers, but to other people you ignore so you don't wind up grouping with an alt of a person you're ignoring

This, repeated ad nauseum. There is a player on Jung ma that you can basically log in at any given point of the day and hear them whining/frothing at the mouth on the fleet on one of their chars imp or pub side depending on how much they want to whine complaining about pvp, that people are hacking that beat them, or everyone else sucks that teams with them and they lose... (makes me think of angry german kid)

I have 15 chars and would -love- the option to ignore account for this person alone.

You can only deal with so much window licking idiocy a day...

Edited by XiamaraSimi

This, repeated ad nauseum. There is a player on Jung ma that you can basically log in at any given point of the day and hear them whining/frothing at the mouth on the fleet on one of their chars imp or pub side depending on how much they want to whine complaining about pvp, that people are hacking that beat them, or everyone else sucks that teams with them and they lose... (makes me think of angry german kid)

I have 15 chars and would -love- the option to ignore account for this person alone.

You can only deal with so much window licking idiocy a day...

Oh man. There is this one guy on Shadowlands who, idk if he's still there, but s/he is always going on and on about how the PvP sucks on that server. No, really? Might it be because s/he's on a PvE server? Would love to just have all that person's alts on ignore.