Is there many Girls in Tomb server, have not met many?

joltzhawkz

There are no girls on the internet!

Seriously though we have 2 couples in our guild as well as a couple of other girls, they seem to be less rare on SWTOR than on other MMORPG's (namely WoW). I do see a lot of people claiming to be girls all the time though to get free stuff, either way, if you're looking for girls games are not the place to be searching :p

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent dinged 50 and had a reason to join voice chats on Tofn yet but I know for a fact that there are a lot of chicks on the US servers. I used to pug every operation there every week and most pugs had 1-3 chicks. Still not sure why the majority of chicks tend to have a healer main. Maternal instinct? I did come across a few lady tanks too but them playing as dps was rare. Ladies are good at multi-tasking so I'm guessing DPS is too easy for them :) Edited by MidichIorian

Actualy i know many girls that play MMO.But depends the game and the server.

For example PvE and RP servers,have many girls.Thats a fact.Its not so common however girls to pick a pvp server,except if they play with their BFs or friends in general.

Also in our game,in American servers,there are MANY girls.

And honestly i met many of them that they are great players too.

For example PvE and RP servers,have many girls.Thats a fact.Its not so common however girls to pick a pvp server

Whut? I hope you come with statistics that support your statement. And anyway I think PvP Servers are less picked in general, no matter if you're a guy or a girl.

Whut? I hope you come with statistics that support your statement. And anyway I think PvP Servers are less picked in general, no matter if you're a guy or a girl.

Pretty much this, it's about the type of gameplay you enjoy which I don't think has anything to do with gender, more personality. Ability to play is also not gender-dependent, as with this server particularly there are a fair few girls around, as to if they'll broadcast their gender is another matter :p.

I have no statistics my dear friend,but i play MMOs for 12 years now.Most of the girls,especialy those that dont grew up loving fantasy and sci fi,play in the servers that i mentioned and do mostly PvE.Its in male mentality mostly the PvP.And if you see the "statistics" as you mentioned,lately the MMOs suffer because they didnt manage to bring competitive and well stractured PvP(Warhammer,AoC,Rift,Guild Wars 2....even Star Warslost most of their population and became free to play because except all the others problems they had,they didnt deliver the pvp they promised).

But what i posted,its not insulting for our female friends,its just a fact that you will meet much more girls in PvE and RP servers.And also i said is a fact that depending the game,you can find a lot of girls playing MMOs,especialy the last years.

WoW for example has at least a 40% of the population being females.

Also the Asian games(Tera,Aion)have many girls.

Here in the American PvE servers and RP servers we have a lot of girls,much more than in Europe and we have even guilds with only girls(like in many more games,especialy WoW)

With huge respect to all the girls

John

40% of WoW population being girls? Definitely not. Maybe 10% - something similar to here either way :p

While I find numbers like that to be more plausible in an MMO than any other genre I really have to question it too. I remember seeing some silly high percentage from some shooter too and there's no way that the number they posted was correct, or even remotely close to the truth. I think devs are deliberatly releasing false numbers in an attempt to lure in more females.

I think devs are deliberatly releasing false numbers in an attempt to lure in more females.

Well there's no way they can get an accurate percentage regardless, not to mention that if they release stats like this it's not just to lure in the females but the males that will be right behind them. The ridiculous factor is that what does it matter anyway? People that treat games like dating tools really don't get the idea of gaming whatsoever - leading to threads such as this in the first place.

As others have also mentioned, to try to generalize that PvP is "masculine" is also pretty stupid. It's like saying only men are competitive while females prefer to sit and do knitting - all of that is personality and preference based not gender based at all. While you could argue "stereotypes come from somewhere" pretty much most females gaming in any form are going against their stereotypes anyway, since women supposedly don't play games (which is becoming a particularly archaic belief now).

Edited by Ellynia

I am certainly worried that someone thinks competitiveness is masculine and imagination feminine.

Competitiveness(thanks for writing the word, so I didn't have to check out how it's written on google ^^.) goes for both men and women naturally. But it's more common amongst men. However women obviously has the equal opportunity to get just as good in Swtor.

Competitiveness(thanks for writing the word, so I didn't have to check out how it's written on google ^^.) goes for both men and women naturally. But it's more common amongst men.

Nope.

Competitiveness amongst men is only more apparent . Women have it as passive talent (and a lot higher level than men :p ) but it's hidden with advanced stealth.

If you don't believe me just think if you heard once you girlfriend saying: "You are right honey. I am sorry."

(I think I heard it once.... about 20 years before :D :D :D)

Edited by Fearine

Nope.

Competitiveness amongst men is only more apparent . Women have it as passive talent (and a lot higher level than men :p ) but it's hidden with advanced stealth.

If you don't believe me just think if you heard once you girlfriend saying: "You are right honey. I am sorry."

(I think I heard it once.... about 20 years before :D :D :D)

thank you very much.

We have a couple models with us at Vitruvians; one is Norwegian, one is US, and another is Swedish but I am not sure of this last one.

When we actually play bad is because we are web cam chatting with them on one screen and playing on the other. Makes a bit of change to the Harbinger we lost cause we are drunk REMARK :eek:

If any more girls want to join Vitruvians they are welcome, we provide music, and a couple of English lads do provide the British kind of humor!

:D