Warzone quitters.

Skyhigh

Sucks to be put into a warzone that is at the end and getting nothing for joining. I think there should be some sort of punishment for leaving a warzone early. Maybe loss of RWZ and WZ comms already owned on exit? I dunno. I just think if you are gonna blow chunks in a WZ own it, and live with it. It's happened much more frequently in the past few weeks and is becoming quite annoying. :ph_thank_you:

ya. ive been in some pretty bad games and had people join at the last minute. i feel bad for them. have also joined terrible games in progress myself.

not to mention games just ending, literally. talk about having nothing to do.

Sucks to be put into a warzone that is at the end and getting nothing for joining. I think there should be some sort of punishment for leaving a warzone early. Maybe loss of RWZ and WZ comms already owned on exit? I dunno. I just think if you are gonna blow chunks in a WZ own it, and live with it. It's happened much more frequently in the past few weeks and is becoming quite annoying. :ph_thank_you:

Then you will cry about people AFKing WZ's. Next complaint?

Yes that makes perfect sense to take away something that was already earned. Making everyone who does already pvp even more reluctant to solo queue. Just suck it up and accept the loss like a big boy and move on to the next match.

Why in the holy hell would you complain about getting no rewards for joining at the tail end of a match? You contributed nothing to that match and you still want rewards for it? God this has to be the dumbest thread I have read in months.

No wonder Bioware overlooks the PvP section so much.....I mean if I was a Dev and I read this I would grab all my closest co-workers to come look and have a big group laugh and then follow up with a group facepalm.

Edited by CraigTheMerc

A simple 5-10 min no pvp debuff for leaving a match would probably do it, its always been a problem from day one, now it's worse because of a larger player base and therefore more anonymity. Edited by Zataos

People don't like to lose. Are you really that surprised people will leave the match when they see 2-3 people with 14-15k hp on their team? Or perhaps 3 commandos on one team just because they "look cool"?

I for one always stay in every match until the first turning point, even if there are low HP baddies on my team. But as soon as those imps cap both side turrets while 5 pubs fail to get mid, or 5 imps cap south in Novare almost instantly with 4 reps around to interrupt, I'm gone.

It's not worth dealing with the **** talking that almost every IMP team does, even when the vast majority of republic pugs are undergeared. Losing is still losing.

It's almost always better to leave and hope to get into a game with at least SOME decent pvpers.

Edit: Deserter wouldn't make sense without cross server queues

Edited by trezy
topic

^ People that quit based upon seeing other peoples gear are sad. If you don't even give them a chance you should look at yourself first.

Either way, i don't often leave a warzone. But when i get the nth random breaking game deciding control, or simply going rambo even before i can incapacitate one i tend to leave it there. It just gets me angry.

^ People that quit based upon seeing other peoples gear are sad. If you don't even give them a chance you should look at yourself first.

Either way, i don't often leave a warzone. But when i get the nth random breaking game deciding control, or simply going rambo even before i can incapacitate one i tend to leave it there. It just gets me angry.

Right. I do give them a chance. It's just a very short lived one.

It's just most of the time I see these 14k~ players doing things like NOT concentrating on the sorcerer who is bubble-healing his whole team...or the vanguard who stands there motionless except for the random Mortar Volley.

I pretty much just look at who has better focus fire...if one team is dominating I will just leave. There is no penalty for it and I am fully min/maxed so you can't really fault me for wanting an even game where gear is not as much a factor. (Although gear doesn't necessarily = skill...it helps)

I was in a Pug the other day, we went through 16 people in the 1 match.. i was just laughing.

Yea, was in a huttball match like that. Needed the credit for a game so stayed in it. 5 people trying to clear out our goal area after a score leaving the 3 that actually knew what they were doing to try and stop the 5-6 on the other team from getting to our goal. 4 of the 6 goals scored were from guardians jumping to one of our players standing on the edge shooting down.

Yes that makes perfect sense to take away something that was already earned. Making everyone who does already pvp even more reluctant to solo queue. Just suck it up and accept the loss like a big boy and move on to the next match.

Why in the holy hell would you complain about getting no rewards for joining at the tail end of a match? You contributed nothing to that match and you still want rewards for it? God this has to be the dumbest thread I have read in months.

No wonder Bioware overlooks the PvP section so much.....I mean if I was a Dev and I read this I would grab all my closest co-workers to come look and have a big group laugh and then follow up with a group facepalm.

Yes. You should be punished for being a quitter.....It's not my fault I want to do a wz and YOU sucked and quit... Get your head out of your backside. Why should I have to load in.....see the loss ending and load out and re-que....I am sorry your little mind can't think that far. Do you also walk into a room with your butt first? Cuz that's where your thoughts seem to come from....

Edited by Skyhigh

I agree with OP. Leaving early should be penalized. In most cases whether a warzone is a win or loss is determined in its' first minutes. So what usually happens is the original team fails to successfully establish itself in those first minutes - for example loses two control points in Civil War - and the parties responsible simply drop the warzone. Man up and take responsibility instead of thrusting it upon the person who gets a into a crappy scenario right after you leave. WAR did it. Prevent those who dropped from queueing for the next 15 minutes. They go afk? 2 minutes of that and they should be booted from the warzone. Problem solved. And yes, it did work in WAR, which had a very similar problem and much better pvp to boot.

I agree with OP. Leaving early should be penalized. In most cases whether a warzone is a win or loss is determined in its' first minutes. So what usually happens is the original team fails to successfully establish itself in those first minutes - for example loses two control points in Civil War - and the parties responsible simply drop the warzone. Man up and take responsibility instead of thrusting it upon the person who gets a into a crappy scenario right after you leave. WAR did it. Prevent those who dropped from queueing for the next 15 minutes. They go afk? 2 minutes of that and they should be booted from the warzone. Problem solved. And yes, it did work in WAR, which had a very similar problem and much better pvp to boot.

Oh yea, WAR is such successful game that its should be example for all other games :rolleyes:

I just got put into a Huttball with 10:55 mins left on the clock and the opposing team already leading 3-0.

Honestly, in these cases I'm sure it's better for everyone if the backfillers just leave immediately so that it's over even quicker.

if a wz-quitter penalty would be introduced, you would see people farming their 8 medals (consumption selfheal, suicide guard, node overdefending) and go half afk afterwards.

you will hear people shout: "let's lose this quickly" before the game has even started, if they find themself in a weak team.

I really would like to see a WoW style debuff that prevents you joining another WZ for 10 minutes.

- Inactive player should get tagged AFK as fast as not leaving spawn buff kicks you out.

- AFKer when kicked out should get the debuff and be prevented for joining another WZ for 10 minutes.

I want to see some commitment to the WZ groups you get in with.

no1 is gonna tell me when or if im allowed to quit a wz.. its my time. my money , my game.. im not playing for your enjoyment.. there will never be any punishment .. end of story

* crap my food is burning on the stove.. but joe the plumber is gonan be upset if i quit, so i better let my house burn down so he can get his comms"

fact is, there are a thousand reasons for quitting a wz,, and rage quit is just ONE.. so u wanna punish people on the off chance that it was that 1% and ignore the other 99% valid rl reasons...

suck it up princesses !!!

Edited by Wookubus

no1 is gonna tell me when or if im allowed to quit a wz.. its my time. my money , my game.. im not playing for your enjoyment.. there will never be any punishment .. end of story

It has been done before in other games. WZ hoppers surely aren't playing for other peoples enjoyment, thank you for clearing that, they selfisly spoil other WZners experiance and don't think commiting for their team is their responsibility

* crap my food is burning on the stove.. but joe the plumber is gonan be upset if i quit, so i better let my house burn down so he can get his comms"

Why would you make your food while playing group oriented WZ with other people. If you are risking your house to burn, surely it doesn't matter if you get 10min punishment for AFKing in WZ.

fact is, there are a thousand reasons for quitting a wz,, and rage quit is just ONE.. so u wanna punish people on the off chance that it was that 1% and ignore the other 99% valid rl reasons...

There should,'t be thousands of reasons quitting WZ. When you join one, you share the responsibility for a short moment in time for other people who have joined with you and you try to achieve the goals in that particular WZ.

suck it up princesses !!!

I'm sorry to say, but it feels like you have hard time understanding you can ruin other peoples gaming experience in MMO.

I'd say that medals (and hence comms) that a quitter built up be transferred to the person who takes his/her place.

Exceptions: nothing transferred to incoming ppl if they are of the same account, guild or friends list (to limit abuse).

Nothing transferred either from someone who d/cs.

Edited by Cosmic_Forge