ETA on SGRAs?

Dire-Wolf

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, I don't think my spouse would like it if I did that. It *is* possible to enjoy romance stories even if you have romance in your real life, you know? There's a reason why girls make boys watch chick flicks with them.

Um....I thought it was cause they were blackmailing us to buy them diamonds to get out of it.

Who wudda thunk it? :D

I saw this thread earlier today in my spare time at work. (<--- true story, but I can only surf on my phone there) So I was thinking about it and decided that if they ever do implement SGRA that I'm pretty sure I'd romance a female companion with one or more of my female characters.

I only have 3 or 4 female characters as I usually just play male, but I wanted to try some after hearing that the chat options are often different along with other variances. Plus they are kinda pretty, not gonna lie.

I hadn't really felt like romancing any of the male companions with the females, but also most are still pretty low level and the option is still on the table. I dunno, it probably goes back to how guys always like to see women kissing or if you had to choose, would rather see a woman they like kiss another woman rather than a man. Yes, before anyone asks, it WAS a slow day at work and I did think about it.

Regardless of the motivation, I'm pretty sure I'd try SGRA on my female characters if the option was available.

Hope that doesn't offend any of the real life SGR's but I vote for the option to be implemented. Sounds fun, and I'd try it out.

Meh... substantial is comparitive, and since companion romances count for like 0.1% of the entire gameplay, thats not very substantial in comparison to the game as a whole ;)

I'm pretty sure they said "its coming" just like they did with everything else they have said they would do, wouldnt that be an answer??

From Merriam Webster Dictionary: Substantial - considerable in importance, value, degree, amount, or extent. - Now in that context take for example the SW romance with Quinn. I will not spoil it here, but in that context in relationship to the SW Storyline and what happens, that's hugely substantial. Take for example the Jedi Consular relationship with Nadia - that romance could largely effect the future JC storyline especially considering the Jedi Code, making said relationship very substantial to the overall storyline. It all depends on where Bioware takes it. See? Seriously we could do this all night, not the point.

And dude I'm really not understanding why you're even in the conversation, no offense, because the fact ish its been a substantial(:D) amount of time since ANYTHING was said about the promised SGA content thus why this thread exists. You're right, the last thing they said was, 'its coming." then there were whispers about it coming out with Makeb, and now maybe not, so, hence people just wanna know. That's all. Is BioWare too broke to do it? Or will it take longer? 2014? What? That's all people wanna know. In one of those developer QAs or Press Releases, or whatever, somebody just needs to say something about it. Dats all. Again, super easy.

Ah the great "if you dont agree with us you must be a hater" argument lol :rolleyes:

I dont think anyone gives a crap if they put SGR in the game, its the fact that people are making a big deal out of such a non issue when theres 100's of bugs and glitches, not to mention endgame content that could be added instead of spending time and money writing new scripts, paying for voice actors to do new work, coding in the new convos... etc...etc... simply to get 10 minutes worth of companion romances.

pretty much this, i am rather fed up with serious issues in the game, i cannot see how SGR could be a monetary priority over say, fixing the ridiculous bugs and glitches that pop up every darn patch, i understand some people want hood features, or miscellaneous vanity stuff, but priority belongs to core gameplay issues and problems that will keep the average gamer from continuing a subscription.

bioware promised many, many things to us, this simply is not on the top of the priority list from an monetary investment standpoint. same reason that section x's quests are all from terminals so they didn't have to use voice actors.

From Merriam Webster Dictionary: Substantial - considerable in importance, value, degree, amount, or extent. - Now in that context take for example the SW romance with Quinn. I will not spoil it here, but in that context in relationship to the SW Storyline and what happens, that's hugely substantial. Take for example the Jedi Consular relationship with Nadia - that romance could largely effect the future JC storyline especially considering the Jedi Code, making said relationship very substantial to the overall storyline. It all depends on where Bioware takes it. See? Seriously we could do this all night, not the point.

And dude I'm really not understanding why you're even in the conversation, no offense, because the fact ish its been a substantial(:D) amount of time since ANYTHING was said about the promised SGA content thus why this thread exists. You're right, the last thing they said was, 'its coming." then there were whispers about it coming out with Makeb, and now maybe not, so, hence people just wanna know. That's all. Is BioWare too broke to do it? Or will it take longer? 2014? What? That's all people wanna know. In one of those developer QAs or Press Releases, or whatever, somebody just needs to say something about it. Dats all. Again, super easy.

Hmm well, I do see your point with the romances in the story line arc... but are all the SGR hopefuls going to roll new toons for that, because if you've already played through your class missions then any companion romances would not even show up class mission wise?

Theres plenty of stuff they have said "its coming" about... paid transfers for one, which IMO is a much more substantial;) issue. Anywho, you seem to be a logical person about it, so we will leave it as a difference of opinions?:D

Edited by JediKalel

Ah the great "if you dont agree with us you must be a hater" argument lol :rolleyes:

I dont think anyone gives a crap if they put SGR in the game, its the fact that people are making a big deal out of such a non issue when theres 100's of bugs and glitches, not to mention endgame content that could be added instead of spending time and money writing new scripts, paying for voice actors to do new work, coding in the new convos... etc...etc... simply to get 10 minutes worth of companion romances.

This x 1000

BW hasnt done much with this game. They pulled up all resources, and pretty much devoted them to merging servers & converting to FTP. They had to in order to save the game.

Some folks are wanting SGRs......I am wanting on all the new content/fixes/enhancements that should of been added the past 11 months. It is nearing a yr, and we still havent seen a major add along the lines of a new planet....or fixed PVP for those into it. When was the last time we even saw one of those crappy server events? Stuff like that should of been happening once a month or so.

This game has lost two-thirds or so of the box sales. Cranking out PVE content for the majority, or getting a handle on PVP will affect a lot more individuals than adding SGR into game.

What is the saying? The alternate lifestyle community represents a minority of subs, and there are more pressing issues....deal with it. You arent the only ones that have been waiting on things, and this game doesnt have the luxury to be eccentric on how they wish to spend the money. They need the most bang for the buck, and SGR isnt it.

BTW....I am on board with removing em all romances. They pale in comparison to normal BW titles anyways, and it would be worth their removal to see this topic dropped. Enough already.

Hmm well, I do see your point with the romances in the story line arc... but are all the SGR hopefuls going to roll new toons for that, because if you've already played through your class missions then any companion romances would not even show up class mission wise?

Theres plenty of stuff they have said "its coming" about... paid transfers for one, which IMO is a much more substantial;) issue. Anywho, you seem to be a logical person about it, so we will leave it as a difference of opinions?:D

That's fair. :D Dude I agree, I think there should be other priorities too. The romances are cool, but I'm much more in love with the overall storyline. But it's just rude and makes me angree to see all the hate, when all people did was ask a question, not based off their demands like people wanna believe, but based off of what Bioware/EA claimed they were gonna do. Don't be a hypocrite. If you're not gonna do it, then just suck it up and say your not gonna do it and prepare for some blacklash and rightly so because you as a company choose to take a very public stance on a very serious issue.

I saw this thread earlier today in my spare time at work. (<--- true story, but I can only surf on my phone there) So I was thinking about it and decided that if they ever do implement SGRA that I'm pretty sure I'd romance a female companion with one or more of my female characters.

I only have 3 or 4 female characters as I usually just play male, but I wanted to try some after hearing that the chat options are often different along with other variances. Plus they are kinda pretty, not gonna lie.

I hadn't really felt like romancing any of the male companions with the females, but also most are still pretty low level and the option is still on the table. I dunno, it probably goes back to how guys always like to see women kissing or if you had to choose, would rather see a woman they like kiss another woman rather than a man. Yes, before anyone asks, it WAS a slow day at work and I did think about it.

Regardless of the motivation, I'm pretty sure I'd try SGRA on my female characters if the option was available.

Hope that doesn't offend any of the real life SGR's but I vote for the option to be implemented. Sounds fun, and I'd try it out.

Don't worry, it is not offending, at least to me and in this context :) . You've brought up one of the reasons SGR would be positive for this game. They would erich the experience with companions and story content.

This x 1000

BW hasnt done much with this game. They pulled up all resources, and pretty much devoted them to merging servers & converting to FTP. They had to in order to save the game.

Some folks are wanting SGRs......I am wanting on all the new content/fixes/enhancements that should of been added the past 11 months. It is nearing a yr, and we still havent seen a major add along the lines of a new planet....or fixed PVP for those into it. When was the last time we even saw one of those crappy server events? Stuff like that should of been happening once a month or so.

This game has lost two-thirds or so of the box sales. Cranking out PVE content for the majority, or getting a handle on PVP will affect a lot more individuals than adding SGR into game.

What is the saying? The alternate lifestyle community represents a minority of subs, and there are more pressing issues....deal with it. You arent the only ones that have been waiting on things, and this game doesnt have the luxury to be eccentric on how they wish to spend the money. They need the most bang for the buck, and SGR isnt it.

BTW....I am on board with removing em all romances. They pale in comparison to normal BW titles anyways, and it would be worth their removal to see this topic dropped. Enough already.

LAME. i too am hoping for sgrs. and who said us who want sgrs dont want other aspects of the game improved as well? point there is no point talkin about adding something that thousands of other ppl have already commented on. not as many talk about adding sgrs so we focus on them. not to say we dont want bugs fixed or more story. EVERYONE WANTS THAT. so it goes without saying.

No one is saying those issues aren't important, but when a gaming company promises something, say SGRA's this year, and this year is almost over, I don't think its wrong to ask for more information on the subject. No one is asking SGRA's to come out tomorrow, they just want an update now that the year is almost up. I don't think that is asking a lot.

Lol..."promised"....you got a source for that? Didn't think so...

As if any self respecing dev is going to state "SGRs are comign this year, I promise"...

What you mean is there have been a few vague statements made by previous employees that no longer even work for BW and there has been NO further official communication.

I love how you twist this to be "SGRs were PROMISED this year" to make it sound as if your personal agenda has somehow been withheld from you....easier to cry victim that way I guess...speaks volumes IMO...

Driz

We've always said the same thing with it, which is that it's coming, and it's coming with story updates.

So you read it (natashina), even underlined it, yet failed to comprehend it? There is no ETA on it because there is no ETA on when the stories will continue. It could be with Makeb, however they explicitly stated that it will not be new class story content, only overall plot. Take that however you like, but stop the gosh darn spam about ETAs.

edit: profanity filter for teh lulz.

Edited by blooddodo

Its easy to say that when you get to enjoy all aspects of the game as it is now. I'm not going to argue with you though, everyone enjoys different aspects of the game differently and some people will value certain gameplay aspects over others. I don't think any one is more valid then the other.

My personal opinion is that SGRA's have no place in this game and I also believe the hetrosexual relationships have no place in this game. They should all be removed period.

My personal opinion is that SGRA's have no place in this game and I also believe the hetrosexual relationships have no place in this game. They should all be removed period.

that would be the easy way out for the DEVs. Then they could get right back to focusing on hood toggles and whatnots.

I would kinda agree. I there were no romances atall, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. However, I can see why they include romances in their games, and I can see that alot of players like them.

I play mostly female toons and I can't remotely see how this is more important than actual game play issues. Hell, if they're going to fix something cosmetic, I say liven up the planets. I shouldn't hear my footsteps echo on Coruscant and Nar Shaddaa.

We don't want them to halt fixes or FP's, Ops etc, all we want is news on what's going on with SGR's. If you see that as an unreasonable request, you have a very short view of the world.

Exactly, I think I could not express this more clearly. All we want is a simple answer to a simple question and the end of a long lasting silence.

Once this finally goes through I'd like to think the gay community will spend at least half as much energy recruiting a bunch of their friends to subscribe to SWTOR as they have spent working towards getting SGR to become a reality here. Love to see SWTOR eventually grow into the best MMO ever with a healthy thriving population setting the standard for all others to follow.

Would also be nice if SWTOR receives a lot of good press after implementation.

my gunslinger isn't hetero. he just has no option to tell his crush. at all.

and my scoundrel and my operative are in a homosexual marriage. my legacy (meaning an actual in-game-feature) was started by two women who adopted. deal with it.

Well there you go!! SGR is already in the game! You can role play pretty much anything you want, if you have fantasy. I cheesy line implemented can not be all that important.

Those are just cartoon figures on a video game.

Well there you go!! SGR is already in the game! You can role play pretty much anything you want, if you have fantasy. I cheesy line implemented can not be all that important.

Those are just cartoon figures on a video game.

how can you tell me what is 'all that important' and what isn't?

actually, I really really really enjoyed the romantic storyline I had with my scoundrel and corso. now why should I not be able to have something similar with my gunslinger, just because he's male? (I'm not saying I want specifically coros. not that I'd mind,but anyway) I have no interest in romancing risha. as much as I love her, she's the 'sister-character'. it just wouldn't work for me.

again, the problem is not the lack of sgra. the problem is that ogra are in-game and sgra are not.

dragging a picture into the middle of the screen is barely comparable to a story developing over months (yes, I like to level my characters slowly. I'm in no rush to have a 'zomg yay cuteness! relationship!' )

Edited by amnie

Getting SGR with Makeb would be a happy surprise indeed. Nothing that I'm expect at the moment, but I would be very glad to see it.

I'd be happy to get anything more 'definite' on makeb as a whole, to begin with. because if it's true that makeb will really just bring 'general story lines' (and no new companions or any new options or whatever) it will take even longer for .anything. else to be implemented. (same with for example cathar still not being in game meaning I will have to wait even longer before I can finally start playing a togruta sage ...)

it just seems like everything is pushed so far back, whatever anyone wants has to 'wait', and it's really really frustrating that I can't play the game with all these options they kinda sort of promised or you would at least expect from either a Star Wars - or a Bioware game.

siiiiiiiiigh.

Getting SGR with Makeb would be a happy surprise indeed. Nothing that I'm expect at the moment, but I would be very glad to see it.

Yes, it would be a nice surprise. I did hear rumors of a new companion for each class. Maybe we should start crossing our fingers :D

Yes, it would be a nice surprise. I did hear rumors of a new companion for each class. Maybe we should start crossing our fingers :D

well, that's the problem with their wording again. as long ago as all there claims where, they might as well have been talking about hk and him just being available to all classes :(

(though I doubt they'd be so stupid and not add any 'class specific' companions in the further ahead gameplay)