ETA on SGRAs?

Dire-Wolf

Oh that's fair. Either play a gender you're not comfortable with, or lose out on part of the game.

Maybe PvP should be restricted so that only female characters can participate in it, just to see how much people would enjoy being forced to be a certain gender in order to experience one of the game's basic functions.

It's not like with OGR there is a lot of choice as to who you get to romance so its not all that great. While I liked Quinn, Torian sucked for the BH, not a big fan of Vector as a romance option so I didn't go there. Its not like OGR get all kinds of fun or choices. The romances in TOR pretty much bite for about 90% of the classes.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not like with OGR there is a lot of choice as to who you get to romance so its not all that great. While I liked Quinn, Torian sucked for the BH, not a big fan of Vector as a romance option so I didn't go there. Its not like OGR get all kinds of fun or choices. The romances in TOR pretty much bite for about 90% of the classes.

Something is better than nothing.

Edited by tolaf

If there's a lot of sucky romances, then it's even more important to bisexualize the existing romances. My Smuggler found Corso's romance pretty lame, but if I'd had the option to go for Risha and/or Akaavi in addition, then I could've still had a decent romance despite Corso's lameness.

Not always, my BH and Inquisitor have no romances due to the choices sucking so I have nothing as well.

Having played both of those stories i can understand, but perhaps there is someone who is interested in one of the SI or BH's companions, i'm sure they wouldn't mind.

Oh that's fair. Either play a gender you're not comfortable with, or lose out on part of the game.

Maybe PvP should be restricted so that only female characters can participate in it, just to see how much people would enjoy being forced to be a certain gender in order to experience one of the game's basic functions.

lol... only a matter of time before the spin doctors start their work...

My quote was in response to this quote, which was already in the post that you quoted but conveniently left out.

Personally, not having this is preventing me from playing my female characters past a certain point. It's really frustrating, i can't imagine being in a "relationship" with random hairy all over the place dude.

This guy wants SGRA because he wants to roll a female toon, yet doesn't want to romance with a male companion. No once forced him to roll a female toon, or forced him to romance with a male toon, which is entirely optional. My quote was an advice to him saying you have many options to avoid romancing with a male companion. Don't roll a female toon, or don't romance.

I have no idea how it means what you think it means. I really don't get your analogy at all. Sorry.

Having played both of those stories i can understand, but perhaps there is someone who is interested in one of the SI or BH's companions, i'm sure they wouldn't mind.

They can have em, I would love to romance Talos as I think he is just so cute, Torian is like a little brother to me and Andronokis is too thuggy for me and does nothing for me at all. If it were not for Quinn I have to deal with Pierce who is just so not my type in any way. In many classes male toons get a choice of at least two to pick from while us females get one choice and that usually sucks.

lol... only a matter of time before the spin doctors start their work...

My quote was in response to this quote, which was already in the post that you quoted but conveniently left out.

This guy wants SGRA because he wants to roll a female toon, yet doesn't want to romance with a male companion. No once forced him to roll a female toon, or forced him to romance with a male toon, which is entirely optional. My quote was an advice to him saying you have many options to avoid romancing with a male companion. Don't roll a female toon, or don't romance.

I have no idea how it means what you think it means. I really don't get your analogy at all. Sorry.

But, he is forced to romance a male companion if he plays female.

This guy wants SGRA because he wants to roll a female toon, yet doesn't want to romance with a male companion. No once forced him to roll a female toon, or forced him to romance with a male toon, which is entirely optional.

PvP is optional too. So is it fair to restrict it based on gender too? If somebody rolls a male character and can't PvP because of it, well, then, no one forced him to roll a male toon, and no one is forcing him to PvP, which is entirely optional.

My quote was an advice to him saying you have many options to avoid romancing with a male companion. Don't roll a female toon, or don't romance.

Exactly -- like I said, basically it's a choice between having to play something you dislike, or not getting to participate in an activity you like. It's exactly like having to choose a certain race or gender to be eligible for PvP -- you have to restrict your character generation choices in order to do what you want in the game.

They can have em, I would love to romance Talos as I think he is just so cute, Torian is like a little brother to me and Andronokis is too thuggy for me and does nothing for me at all. If it were not for Quinn I have to deal with Pierce who is just so not my type in any way. In many classes male toons get a choice of at least two to pick from while us females get one choice and that usually sucks.

Yes, it is very unfortunate, i would love to discuss this with you in greater depth but that would be going off topic, perhaps you should create a movement to get more/better male romanceable companions?

Do you have to "romance" a companion to complete their story, or can you excercise free will and chose the other options?

In order to get the legacy perk, it's enough to complete the dialogues without romance.

In order to enjoy the romance storyline, you pretty much have to romance the companion.

It depends on which one you're going for.

Yes, it is very unfortunate, i would love to discuss this with you in greater depth but that would be going off topic, perhaps you should create a movement to get more/better male romanceable companions?

As doped as I am tonight due to knee surgery I doubt it would come across well tonight, I will however file that thought away and post a new one when I am shall we say less medicated lol

Before the game launched BioWare promised these would be coming in a post game patch. It's not been almost a year and they're no where in sight. In fact, they haven't even been mentioned at all. I was wondering if BioWare could finally give an ETA on when they will arrive? Is there a planned release date? Are they currently being worked on? Have you decided to just cut them completely and not add them to the game? Any information about this would be nice to hear.

Lol. I knew this was coming. This train is never late!

Sry, BW doesn't realize just how important 2 seconds of SGRA make outs that only you will see are! Shame on you BW, shame on you ;)

Its easy to say that when you get to enjoy all aspects of the game as it is now. I'm not going to argue with you though, everyone enjoys different aspects of the game differently and some people will value certain gameplay aspects over others. I don't think any one is more valid then the other.

Honestly, that feature is definitely not a priority. It is something that can be added after the more important missing features and fixes are added. Not worth the time right now. That is the logical approach to take.

Then roll a male character to romance with female companions.

I don't see how this is any different to rolling a trooper if you want to use guns. Should I feel injustice now that jedis only have the option to use lightsabers and not guns?

You are comparing apples to oranges.

Out of curiosity what happens if BW says that SGR are scrapped and won't be in the game for the foreseeable future or ever? How will you (those who want it in) react?

I'd probably unsub, send a strong worded email to BW/EA about how I felt misled about promised content and how I wasted my money on a game that didn't deliver. I'm sure they won't care but I'd have said my piece. I'd give more thought to buying their products in the future considering how horribly they dealt with this issue, although I'd be more likely to buy games developed @ Bioware Edmonton since I feel they wold have handled this whole situation a lot better then Austin.

As a subscriber myself (since day one) I prefer that they would add this to the game. :)

Guess what, like all romances it would be totally optional.

Play a female Jedi knight and listen to doc and then tell me it is optional. Need a court system in the game so players can file harassment charges against him