Can we have a PVP map like Alterac Valley in WOW?

adiwantinova

At that point, I laughed. The irony was too much.

I think the irony is that game lasted 8 years where this went free to play in 11 months from launch and will be lucky to see the 2 year mark at best. LOL

SWG's open world pvp is 100x what this games is. Sorry the truth hurts.

I think the irony is that game lasted 8 years where this went free to play in 11 months from launch and will be lucky to see the 2 year mark at best. LOL

SWG's open world pvp is 100x what this games is. Sorry the truth hurts.

Oh no, that's not what made me laugh. What made me laugh, and what I found Ironic was your whole "People need to stop trying to make this game WoW! It's not WoW! Get over it! No, what it needs to do is be more like SWG."

Oh no, that's not what made me laugh. What made me laugh, and what I found Ironic was your whole "People need to stop trying to make this game WoW! It's not WoW! Get over it! No, what it needs to do is be more like SWG."

I'm not sure I follow how thats ironic. SWG (in any of its 3 forms) couldn't be farther from WoW. :confused:

I'm not sure I follow how thats ironic. SWG (in any of its 3 forms) couldn't be farther from WoW. :confused:

It also sucked.

On the topic, I hated AV in WoW because they could last forever and you didn't really get anything out of staying there for hours on end.

Edited by Smashbrother

The raid ops frame would support 24 on 24. I am ALL FOR THIS. A 24 on 24 warzone would be fantastic. Heck could use the Ilum PvP map to save construction. Just instance it and do a little work on the points. Would rapidly become the most popular Warzone.

Please oh please let this happen.

It also sucked.

On the topic, I hated AV in WoW because they could last forever and you didn't really get anything out of staying there for hours on end.

That can be fixed by inventing the right behavior. Weekly = win. Daily = # of kills, or amount of time spent in the WZ.

I've long said that a daily & weekly ranked pvp mission would solve a lot of the issues with people not queuing for ranked WZ's too.

And to whoever said to flag myself & go to section x, yes ... I could, and have (it's fun), but there is no incentive to do so. Something like this would make it a lot more interesting & return me something in exchange for the time investment to progress my character(s).

And to whoever said to flag myself & go to section x, yes ... I could, and have (it's fun), but there is no incentive to do so. Something like this would make it a lot more interesting & return me something in exchange for the time investment to progress my character(s).

^^ and that is at the core of it, why should anyone want to open world PVP at 50. You get no warzone or ranked comms for the people you kill. You do not need exp. since you are already 50. The only reason is to just beat down someone trying to run missions.

As for this being a port from WOW, well as said before this was something WOW took from DAoC, as for people just Zerging to the end, well that is where WOW failed to copy the idea correctly. In DAoC you had to hold certian number of keeps to open up content or get to the goal. It would be easy to prevent, and when people find works around it that is what updates are for (to fix what went wrong with you goals). BW Complaining because people were skipping trash in OP's (well lets be honest they were not worth killing, no money, trash loot if any at all why would you want to fight it?)

I think what a lot of us feel is why should we grind the WZ's ? It can be fun, but with a lot of the inbalance and the few zones it gets old quick. The longing for World PVP is because we want more, and something dynamic something WZ's are not.

Alterac Valley was fun, and excitingly large scale, but the zerg race it turned into really wasn't.

Wintergrasp was ace, and provided a faction incentive because winning gave access to an instance with some decent level gear. Give people a reason to play and you'll get more in there.

I think something Wintergraspy might be doable. Also, using SW vehicles in it (AT-ATs? Speeders with cannon mounts?) would be good. Ilum, Hoth, Tatooine or Alderaan could all be good host locations. Even Voss or Quesh if you can come up with a compelling story. Urban warfare in Nar Shadaa or Corellia?

Main problem is the game's players/performance tradeoff people have mentioned, and if it can be improved.

Edited by Wainamoinen

I tend to think that leaving out PVE content (NPC's, world bosses/elites, etc) would be better.

There are things BW can do to make it not a Zerg to the end festival. Require sequential capping of one of two points (ala Voidstar fashion, but because of the large scale, increase the distance between the two points). I could see monumental battles between the nodes in an attempt to shut down/slow reinforcements, with a primary target battle waging, and a flanking group designated to keep pressure on the other node).

What about a priority speed that allows for quick travel for up to 4 people between nodes, usable once every 10 minutes (or 5, whatever) to eliminate the need to get "caught" between trying to reinforce.

Seriously, the options are limitless.

I sometimes wonder what BW developers are doing most of the time. Yes, I get that transitioning to F2P was a huge resource hog, but with that behind us, I'm hoping to see a lot of creativity in the next 6 months delivering fresh content across both PVE and PVP.

My fear is that BW looks at the game populations, identifies one group (raiders) and delivers content for them only on a consistent basis.

Drop us some pvp love!

Anything that is more then 8 vs 8 would be an improvement on the current state wich is not fun enough to play the game.

To be frank for an MMO to call itself StarWars without large scale fights is nothing short of failure.

This should have been top priority a long time ago ...

I could link youtube clips here to how star wars is but that would only get my reply deleted. Again.

Alterac Valley is a PvE map. The players just run past each other and go to the opposing side's castle to fight AI-controlled enemies.

Really? WoW has changed a lot from my time there. That used to be one of the best PvP zones ever. Massive pvp battles that could last hours at a time.

Shame they destroyed it like the rest of the game.

As for the OP's comment, I do believe BioWare is trying to turn Ilum into an older 'Alterac Valley' style PvP planet for 1.7.

No.

1) The game have difficulty to handle 20 vs 20 fight scale.

Blatantly untrue. 24 vs 24 was happening fine as far back as the Rakghoul event where people fought over the Rak-Bantha in Outlaw's Den.

2) I don't want PvE style warzone. Remember that most of the time, The 2 faction go staight to the main boss with secondary objective ...

And from 2004-2008 they didn't. It really is a pity you missed out on that experience man.

Aion 1.5 Abyss forteress siege.

Anyone was there on patch 2.0 on the +/-800vs+/-800 for the captue of Divine Forteress by the Asmodian Faction on the server Israphel before NCsoft decide to allow Elyos transfer to the server while blocking the Asmo transfer creating a 3 elyos vs 1 asmodian population? (now its more like 4 elyos for 1 asmodian)

This battle was awesome after 1 year of pure elyos domination and when I say domination I mean the Elyos were not going for a total domination on purpose because they didnt want the asmodian to have a 20% pvp damage buff

Also anyone remeber the first double takeover of both Elyos forts in Inggison by the asmodians? This was an other epic battle of +/- 250 vs +/- 250 (only lvl 50+ are allowed in this zone while lvl25+ can reach the abyss).

I wish this kind of pvp was possible in SWTOR

I vote for warsong gulch type map.CTF!

That would be awesome! They can call it "Huttball"! :p

It's funny how people are hung up on two issues:

(1) Game capability for a 40 vs 40; so make it as small as 16 vs 16 (solved)

(2) Zerg to end; solved through sequential game flow & progression management (solved)

... any real issues with this idea?

Why would people be so negative on this idea? BW needs to have some real ideas to move the game forward. Stop copping out & giving then a pass.

This game seriously lacks vast depths for pvp. Push for something better, people.

Blatantly untrue. 24 vs 24 was happening fine as far back as the Rakghoul event where people fought over the Rak-Bantha in Outlaw's Den.

And from 2004-2008 they didn't. It really is a pity you missed out on that experience man.

Lol yeah those days were a lot of fun. Some of those matches would literally last for days.