SSSP news!

Nothematic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually playing what you're talking about yesterday, running through the prototype demo. I wish I could give you details. It's great. It's a departure from our current space game. We have a team dedicated to working on it. But it is far out in the future. You won't hear anything about it any time soon. Schubert: It is under wraps. It is a lot of fun. It's definitely not anything we've shipped in the original product

Hmm..... with that language I'm thinking more co-op rail shooter than Jump to Lightspeed...... and either way we won't see it until 2014. :(

They have never directly said it's not on rails. They have said over many interviews that

1. current space combat was just a place holder for launch

2. the SSSP is something completely new and expends space combat in major way

3. the SSSP is a completely new pixel space

4. that the current space combat has nothing to do with the new SSSP

taking in all of those statements it's clear that it would be foolish to assume that it IS on rails.

now how big it is or what it entails who knows.

All they have ever said definately about the SSSP is that it is a "completely new pixel space", which could mean literally anything or nothing.

They've never said it's not on rails (they just said the new rails missions weren't the SSSP) in fact they've said nothing other than it's a "completely new pixel space".

I mean personally I think they'd be mad not to be aiming at something that at least equals Jump to Lightspeed in scope (as that is what people want and largely expect), but that doesn't mean there are doing that at all.

The time frame doesnt bother me. People keep saying they were working on this for 11 months. Im pretty sure this project wasnt launched at the start of the game. At least its not going to be just a multiplayer on rails which definitely would be a lot faster to implement.

Id rather have them tell me whats going on way down the road so i appreciate this info. You cant have it both ways with communications.

I'm pretty sure that is what did open fully EA greedy eyes and management got stunned from amount of publicly raised funds.

Close to 7 freaking millions within 1 month, that's how badly gamers want space sim. Gamers been begging EA/BW do something about that, nothing.

But hey, it is too late now, Chris Roberts is known name and he did earn a lot of gamers trust with hes past projects.

Look at demo, this game engine never can handle that, so it will be Direct X'ed 9 WoW like cartoony space joke.

Take the shuttle on the fleet, fly around a bit, you will get the picture.

Sadly agree with the above

It´s all an example about wrong priorities, wrong decisions and having no clue about trends.

Trend: Space Combat -> missed. "Far out in the future" is too late, sorry

Trend: Sandbox -> missed

Trend: Not cloning WoW concept -> missed

BW/EA are like Sony or Nokia. Once they were ahead of the market, now they are sad examples for mismanagement and being blind for noticing trends and acting accordingly.

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

So what's listed:

TFB - released

HK-51 - released

New Space Missions - On PTS, likely released before 2013.

Ancient Hypergates - On PTS, lkely released before 2013.

Level Cap/Makeb - Most likely 1.7, probably coming out Feb based on their note of 8-9 weeks between 1.6 & 1.7

So of the things posted in the video it looks like 1 of the things may be a month or two late, everyhing else met their promise.

Also this was before F2P was announced, It's clear that F2P shifted their timetables somewhat. Don't see what people are complaining about, they are meeting their promises and the new 6 week dev cycle is pretty promising so far.

Good job devs.