attn devs: the stun problem needs to be fixed

nightstalkor

You think it's a dumb that a 3 second root/CC add to Resolve, yet you're ok with a petty 5 meter knockback adding to it?! Roots most obviously SHOULD add to Resolve. Ignoring them is DUMB!

Yes I do. Roots do not cause a loss of control of your char, they simply fix you in place - they are not stuns so they should not be treated as such, and therefore not fill your resolve.

Good luck begging for more band aids.

Edited by PloGreen

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I do. Roots do not cause a loss of control of your char, they simply fix you in place - they are not stuns so they should not be treated as such, and therefore not fill your resolve.

Good luck begging for more band aids.

Begging for what?!

And yeah, they do cause a loss of control, they cause as big of a loss as any knockback that DOES add to Resolve. It's a double-standard.

Begging for what?!

And yeah, they do cause a loss of control, they cause as big of a loss as any knockback that DOES add to Resolve. It's a double-standard.

The only thing they do is stop you moving. A stun stops you doing anything at all.

Big difference.

Yes you are begging for roots to be added to resolve.

The only thing they do is stop you moving. A stun stops you doing anything at all.

Big difference.

Yes you are begging for roots to be added to resolve.

The root also interrupts and I was talking about knockbacks, not stuns.

I'm not "begging", I'm simply stating my opinion, the same as you.

The root also interrupts and I was talking about knockbacks, not stuns.

I'm not "begging", I'm simply stating my opinion, the same as you.

The root on my sage does not interupt anything. It simply roots them in place.

What next interupts should add to resolve? I mean they stop people from using their abilities for a second but they can still move..

Edited by PloGreen

The root on my sage does not interupt anything. It simply roots them in place.

What next interupts should add to resolve? I mean they stop people from using their abilities for a second but they can still move..

Nope. All CC, not interrupts. Anything that impairs your movement.

Knights/Warriors are simply unplayable if their leap does not reliably root. Each AC has two trees that are built around it. I'm sorry to have to do this, but:

/argument

Then knock him back and kite? Then get a peel from your teammate? Then stun him? Mez him? Then cast a different spell while his interrupt is on CD?

iknorite!

^ Your last worthwhile point before the, um, strong feelings started. I'm not worried about hurting my own class (esp. since I don't just play one class...). I'm more worried about ruining the metagame of objective-based play. Controlling effects and movement impairment are extremely important for capping objectives in a competitive match, where straight up wiping out the other team isn't usually possible. They also prevents huttball from becoming more class-dependent than it already is (imagine how broken certain ACs would be in huttball if they were white-barred all the time and protected from roots).

I'd be willing to bet you’ve never PvP’d with a Commado/Merc…especially Arsenal/Gunnery Spec.

Actually if that leap was a bit unreliable…it would balance things a lot in PvP. Oh Noes… you have to run up and do your 5-7k smash on everyone not a sniper every once and a while.

As a Gunnery Commando 4 of my 6 top damaging attacks are interruptible…hence making them unreliable. Also, the remaining 2 require 3 Grav Rounds in order to even be a big hit on a crit, making them unreliable as well.

That is unless the Glow sticks wouldn’t mind Grav Round/Tracer Missile being an uninterruptable or instant special. But I doubt that because they would be down to 2/3 to 1/2 health by the time they reached the person they leaped to. Add a 4k HIB and 5k Demo round and look we’re about the same health.

Your comment about Huttball is invalid because everyone knows that Warriors/knights with leaps and shadows/Sins can all but cruise to the goal line. If other classes were immune to roots/snares part of the time, they might actually become somewhat viable in huttball too.

I can see it all now, the forums explode by all LOLjuggs/Marauders QQing because they got mowed down by the class they think they’re supposed to stomp on….Of course, they would just reroll a trooper or BH.

Edited by Lowyjowylof

I understand what they mean when they say "Resolve is broken". Many times my toon has died with a more then full resolve bar.

Pre 1.6 I used to see my resolve meter reach over 2100 (hey, I was stunned, so I might as well look at other things).

Post 1.6 I still see values of 1100+ when stunned.

As to our wonderful ability to get you out of stuns... well, as someone pointed out earlier, the melee classes are stun heavy. You break one, they will simply apply another. So, you break the first one, you get re-stunned and then die. You don't break the first one and wait for the second one, well, you die. It's a no win situation.

One option to fix this would be if your anti-stun ability protected you for a short period after you used it.

keep your stun breaker for emergencies, don't pop it at the first sign of trouble. Unless the situation is match deciding (who's holding the ball at a 2-2 Huttball match for example), NEVER use your breaker on a mezz. Stuns are fine, it's up to you to decide when to break them and when to use them.

One question worth asking to yourself "While I'm being stunned and playing musical statues, where is the rest of my team to help reduce this inconvenience?" If your answer is "I don't know", something in the groups planning needs to change.

This is so dead on.

U need to be smart about how you go into combat Stay on the outside edge of the fray so every aoe mez and stun does ont hit u.

Most of the rage over stuns is people hate dieing and losing. If you have been chained stuned to death that usualy means multiple players were beating on you.

FYI Guardians can't leap when stunned.

Comando/Merc should get a rest of hydrolic override attatched to knock back in pvp armor and intrerupts reduce cool down of knock back by 5 seconds no more

Melee classes complaining about roots is = to range classes complaining melee(some time the other guy gets the better of you)

Stun bubble should not be castable on others

stunn grenade don't belong in pvp

This is so dead on.

U need to be smart about how you go into combat Stay on the outside edge of the fray so every aoe mez and stun does ont hit u.

Most of the rage over stuns is people hate dieing and losing. If you have been chained stuned to death that usualy means multiple players were beating on you.

FYI Guardians can't leap when stunned.

Comando/Merc should get a rest of hydrolic override attatched to knock back in pvp armor and intrerupts reduce cool down of knock back by 5 seconds no more

Melee classes complaining about roots is = to range classes complaining melee(some time the other guy gets the better of you)

Stun bubble should not be castable on others

stunn grenade don't belong in pvp

Easier said than done when it comes to PUGs. As far as Trooper/BH goes our root leaves melee in melee range. Also, I take it you mean the craftable grenades.

I'd be willing to bet you’ve never PvP’d with a Commado/Merc…especially Arsenal/Gunnery Spec.

Actually if that leap was a bit unreliable…it would balance things a lot in PvP. Oh Noes… you have to run up and do your 5-7k smash on everyone not a sniper every once and a while.

As a Gunnery Commando 4 of my 6 top damaging attacks are interruptible…hence making them unreliable. Also, the remaining 2 require 3 Grav Rounds in order to even be a big hit on a crit, making them unreliable as well.

That is unless the Glow sticks wouldn’t mind Grav Round/Tracer Missile being an uninterruptable or instant special. But I doubt that because they would be down to 2/3 to 1/2 health by the time they reached the person they leaped to. Add a 4k HIB and 5k Demo round and look we’re about the same health.

I'm going to be nice because you are a merc and my heart goes out to you. Nerfing a balanced ability to bring it in line with a severely underperforming class is not an effective way to approach class balance. The solution is to just buff that class.

If leap did not reliably root, Knights/Warriors would be the only melee class with a gap closer that didn't close gaps. This is not acceptable.

Your comment about Huttball is invalid because everyone knows that Warriors/knights with leaps and shadows/Sins can all but cruise to the goal line. If other classes were immune to roots/snares part of the time, they might actually become somewhat viable in huttball too.

Yes, Forceball definitely favors certain classes. Putting movement impairment on resolve would only exacerbate this issue.

And anyway, we don't need another incentive for people to try to walk the ball all the way from mid to goal line without passing, which you seem to favor...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.