Cartel equipment: Is it worth it?

gwek

Right now, I'm a 34th level Jedi Knight/Guardian very close to wrapping up Act I of my story. I was thinking of picking up the Pathfinder's Armor, because it's far superior to what I'm using right now.

My question, though, is how fast will I "outgrow" it? You need to be level 31 to but it, so clearly it's decent, but if I'm going to be finding superior equipment in a planet or two, it's not worth it.

Has anyone run the numbers?

Also, I don't know if this factors in, but I don't really participate in the "social" aspect of the game. No PVP, have run a few shared missions, but not all of them... I know I'm missing out on some equipment. Would this set help compensate?

Thanks!

Right now, I'm a 34th level Jedi Knight/Guardian very close to wrapping up Act I of my story. I was thinking of picking up the Pathfinder's Armor, because it's far superior to what I'm using right now.

My question, though, is how fast will I "outgrow" it? You need to be level 31 to but it, so clearly it's decent, but if I'm going to be finding superior equipment in a planet or two, it's not worth it.

Also, I don't know if this factors in, but I don't really participate in the "social" aspect of the game. No PVP, have run a few shared missions, but not all of them... I know I'm missing out on some equipment. Would this set help compensate?

Thanks!

Well if you like the look of the armor then you should buy it. It has great stats to start and its adaptable armor, so you can just replace the mods with new ones as you progress....

well, not really

when i level i keep my oranges up to date with coms,

the level 30 purples are actually like... lvl29 purple mods available at 31, so they give a small boost for a couple levels but they're not hugely impressive in difference overall,

only buy them if you either like the look, or want to sell them for creds or something imo, maybe to keep a companions stats up to date if you're drowning in cartel coins.

I got the Pathfinders set and I like it a lot. I got it when my character reached level 31 and now I'm level 38 and I still have the mods and enhancements in most of the gear. I'm actually thinking about getting the Destroyer set as well to mix both sets together, kind of like mixing the Glass and Deadric armors in Morrowind. That was a sweet looking set and if I can get the same resault I will be very happy. I just have to wait until next month when I get my monthly stipend, lol.

Like some ppl said, if you like it, buy it.

I, for one, I'm waiting for them to add new options. I want robes for my sorcerer with the hood down ( I want to see her face ) and the only thing there is some Juggernaut heavy armor looking thing. Too bulky. And the other stuff from game, with no hoods, has ridiculous metal shoulders or things I can't even describe.

Like some ppl said, if you like it, buy it.

I, for one, I'm waiting for them to add new options. I want robes for my sorcerer with the hood down ( I want to see her face ) and the only thing there is some Juggernaut heavy armor looking thing. Too bulky. And the other stuff from game, with no hoods, has ridiculous metal shoulders or things I can't even describe.

Basically hood options then :D,

i dont know why they just dont design a headslot item thats invisible but tells the game to put your hood down, like other large helmet skins do... just shove it onthe cartel shop while everyone waits for an acutal fix, guaranteed to make money :D

Cartel armor is purely for cosmetics. You'll outgrow anything except the top tier PvP/Raid armors, and even those will get dumped once a new set is added. In fact, pretty much all orange gear is purely for looks.

Thanks, folks.

A related question on equipment and mods: Unless the color changes, if I'm upgrading an item with current and better mods, does it matter? For example, pretty much any upgradeable lightsaber I strip of mods looks identical to me (except maybe the level required to use it). Is there a difference, or is it all in the mods and the color?

Thanks, folks.

A related question on equipment and mods: Unless the color changes, if I'm upgrading an item with current and better mods, does it matter? For example, pretty much any upgradeable lightsaber I strip of mods looks identical to me (except maybe the level required to use it). Is there a difference, or is it all in the mods and the color?

It is all related to mods.

Like others have said, you'll probably want to buy it more for the looks than the mods. I've found purple mods are probably good for about 4 levels, at most, when leveling. I'm sure someone can stretch them out further and grind through content under-geared, but that's my general rule of them. I used to switch mods out every 2 levels but that got to be too tedious since I run a lot of alts.

It is all related to mods.

Especially the armoring mods , hilts and barrels. The armoring mod actually represents the armor grade so if you keep them up to date , then you don't really need to keep updating the other mods every five mins.

Cheers,

BadOrb.