Bought an ultimage gaming rig, and game is still laggy!

ZeusThunder

25 pages of people ripping on the guy's machine. lol ouch

Yeah rig not that great...and the geek squad lied to you when they told you it was an ultimate gaming rig. Though I'm honestly surprised they didn't get you spending $5k or more...someone's not doing their job right. Geek Squad are mostly helpdesk rejects. People who couldn't get a job in a real company...so they work in retail tech support.

12GB of ram is good...the rest is not that great. Though most people don't need more than 8GB.

really "1 TERABYTE Hard Drive"....so the capital letters are supposed to make it bigger? I have 6TB between two computers...and my storage capacity is small compared to some I've seen.

I could tell the level of your system based on one stat....the power supply...Ultimate gaming rigs do not have a 400W power supply...more like 1200W power supply to supply a SLI or Crossfire setup.

Edited by Thunder-God

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Case: CoolerMaster Elite 430 Mid-Tower Gaming Case with Side Panel Window

Noise Reduction Technology: Sound Absorbing Foam on Side, Top And Bottom panels [+29]

Power Supply Gasket [+5]

Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2600 3.40 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 [+76]

Cooling Fan: Xion HP-1216B Five Heatpipes Direct Core Contact Copper Heatsink CPU Cooling Fan Motherboard: * [CrossFireX/SLI] GigaByte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Lucid Virtu Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 4x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified) [+66]

Memory: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Kingston HyperX)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+140] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

Power Supply Upgrade: 700 Watts - XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply [+10]

Hard Drive: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache Power Saving 5900 RPM HDD [+39] (2TB x 2 (2TB Capacity) Raid 1 High Performance with Data Security [+145])

Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Keyboard: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard

Mouse: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse

Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition)

Ultra Care Option: CoolerMaster Thermal Fusion 400 Extreme Performance CPU - Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation [+10]

Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]

This wuld run you $1525 and blow the panel off the piece of junk BestBuy dumped on you. and it aint even an ultimate rig

Case: CoolerMaster Elite 430 Mid-Tower Gaming Case with Side Panel Window

Noise Reduction Technology: Sound Absorbing Foam on Side, Top And Bottom panels [+29]

Power Supply Gasket [+5]

Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2600 3.40 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 [+76]

Cooling Fan: Xion HP-1216B Five Heatpipes Direct Core Contact Copper Heatsink CPU Cooling Fan Motherboard: * [CrossFireX/SLI] GigaByte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Lucid Virtu Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 4x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified) [+66]

Memory: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Kingston HyperX)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+140] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

Power Supply Upgrade: 700 Watts - XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply [+10]

Hard Drive: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache Power Saving 5900 RPM HDD [+39] (2TB x 2 (2TB Capacity) Raid 1 High Performance with Data Security [+145])

Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Keyboard: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard

Mouse: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse

Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition)

Ultra Care Option: CoolerMaster Thermal Fusion 400 Extreme Performance CPU - Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation [+10]

Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]

This wuld run you $1525 and blow the panel off the piece of junk BestBuy dumped on you. and it aint even an ultimate rig

16G of RAM is overkill.

Just so you know I'm not lying, here are my specs. This was bought from Bestbuy and even setup by a Geeksquad computer expert:

- 24" Viewsonic flatscreen monitor

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- Memory with 12 gigabytes of ram power

- One TERABYTE Hard Drive

- BluRay player

- Foxconn power supply with 400 wattage

- Sound Blaster sound card

- GE Force GT 520 video card

So after getting a $1500 gaming computer ($2100 after signing up for the extended warranty and 2 years of Geeksquad protection) the Star Wars game is STILL laggy! Not only that, but it can take up to 40 minutes just to log in if I do it after getting home from work.

I've verified with the Bestbuy salesperson that this computer should speed up my game, and if it's not then it's Star Wars' fault.

Nice job Star Wars, you fail at making an MMO.

the 520 card is a budget one, you got scammed tbh.

Just so you know I'm not lying, here are my specs. This was bought from Bestbuy and even setup by a Geeksquad computer expert:

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- BluRay player

So after getting a $1500 gaming computer ($2100 after signing up for the extended warranty and 2 years of Geeksquad protection) the Star Wars game is STILL laggy! Not only that, but it can take up to 40 minutes just to log in if I do it after getting home from work.

I've verified with the Bestbuy salesperson that this computer should speed up my game, and if it's not then it's Star Wars' fault.

>Dell Gaming Mouse

>Quadra Processor

>400 Watt PS

>hahahhahahahaa

Not only that, but it can take up to 40 minutes just to log in if I do it after getting home from work.

This is where I started laughing, instead of feeling sorry. Obvious Que poke

Then I read the next post of someone taking it serious and started feeling sorry again.

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- BluRay player

You just got ripped off. The GeForce GT 520 is an HTPC (home theater pc) graphics card. It's on the very low end.. good enough for movies, not gaming.

You could have built a $600 PC that would run TOR.

Nice job, you fail at buying computers.

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- BluRay player

Why are you running a server OS on an "ultimate gaming rig?" Also lag has nothing to do with your PC's hardware, it's your net connection. Not sure if you're trolling or not but don't trust the sales person, research it yourself. If you really want the “ultimate gaming rig” then build it yourself. I’d also point out that buying top end is false economy, buy a little behind top end, much better bang for your buck.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.