Bought an ultimage gaming rig, and game is still laggy!

ZeusThunder

Im sorry to say mate i agree with the rest and i feel for ya. I got a computer that can run this game on maximum without even a hickup for days at a time for under that price almost a year ago. Bought online peice by peice and built it myself. If you can get a computer inclined friend to build one for ya thats the way to go.

Yep, that's the way to go alright. My gf likes her holidays in the sun too much to ever let me spend much on pc parts. You wouldn't believe how little I spend on putting my computer together (currently running on second-hand 260 gtx's in sli) yet still run TOR on decent settings perfectly well.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, that's the way to go alright. My gf likes her holidays in the sun too much to ever let me spend much on pc parts. You wouldn't believe how little I spend on putting my computer together (currently running on second-hand 260 gtx's in sli) yet still run TOR on decent settings perfectly well.

installments dude. installments. buy your stuff with payments spread over installments of 12 months.

Can I please have your contact info? I would love to build your computers from now on. I will only jack up the price 100 percent which is still a hell of a deal compared to what you bought.

On a serious note, RUN, yes RUN back to best buy and demand a refund. If they used the words "Ultimate gaming rig" anywhere in the process of selling you that they are guilty of false advertising.

Edited by Peckingorder

- GE Force GT 520 video card

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...*gasp*...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

Yeah dude, someone sold you a lemon, 1,500 you should be rocking a way stronger setup.

You don't have to laugh with other peopel's misery....instead support him a little bit

Poor guy =(

It annoys me no end when these so called 'experts' who are just dumb kids that know nothing about computers lure in an unsuspecting customer and charge them through the roof for something that's a pile of crap.

I learned that lesson a long time ago when I went into PC world here in the UK and saw old graphics cards being sold for more than what the new, more powerful ones were being sold at on the internet.

If you can OP take it back and get a refund. Then come back to the forums with your $2100 and I guarantee you that the people on this forum will link you better computers for half the price, yet three times the power.

I just hope you can get your cash back, otherwise you'll be stuck with a very expensive paperweight.

id be so pissed of if i bought that rofl

i think this guy is either joking around or seriously just got mugged of with a real crappy computer

my computer which is in my SIG cost around that maybe a tad bit more but it pisses over yours lol

Edited by rushx

Ultimate Gaming Rig? I don't think so. I built my very own gaming rig, including an i7 2600k, 2x Zotac GTX580 AMP! and 16GBs of DDR3 RAM, added watercooling for the graphics card and CPU and 2x SATA3 SSDs to reduce loading times. It's running supersmooth on a 30" display at 2560x1600 pixels resolution - if I can get past the queus, that is.

That TB of disk space that you emphasized doesn't do anything for your gameplay experience.

You dont really give out any important details about your pc, ie processor etc but all i can say is, spending 1500 bucks to get a gaming computer with geforce 520 is a perfect example why one should know what to ask from a pc in gaming terms. I have just upgraded mine with an i5 2500k, asus p8z68 mobo, 8 gb of 1600 mhz ram and geforce gtx 560 and swtor runs rather well without setting me back an awful lot.

In the other hand, 40 minute loading times clearly indicates that something has gone horribly wrong with your pc.

lol you bassicly just described my computer :p

its mad how many peopel have built the exact same builds :p

BestBuy is a good place to by DVD movies and maybe even home appliances. BUT not computers. Their "geek squad" is very hit or miss. As in 1 in 10 even have a clue what they are talking about.

I run a MUCH lower system than you and see no lag.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33 GHz

4 GB RAM

nVidia GeForce GT 240 with 1 GB

800 Watt PS

I run the 32-Bit version of Win Vista Ultimate.

Nothing special really. AND I run with all of the graphical elements all the way up accept the shadows are at low and the grass is at 50%. And there is no lag so for even in some of the more active areas I've been in SWTOR.

I push two 24" HD monitors in multi-mode at 1920x1200 each (two matching Gateway FHD2400s). I think I paid $500 for this computer (minus the monitors which retail at about $250 each) 4 years ago.

YOUR issue sounds like the power. You can't push 12 GB of RAM and mid level video card and a quad proc on just a wimpy 400 watt power supply. That is insane. Your video card is probably struggling for power as the RAM and proc and the HDD motor is probably eating up most of your wattage before your video card gets any juice (it's generally last in line ahead of those things above) and you need to make sure there is enough power for the video. It's like springing the money to by yourself a new 2011/12 pony car and then sticking with the standard model and not even upgrading to the GT. I mean, what good is all the fluff if your gonna provide the entry level engine? You need more power.

There is nothing the Geek Squad can do for you that you can't figure out in 10 minutes of a Google search. Save your $600 next time (that's an insane amount for a warranty) and just make sure they'll cover the hardware if it fails for 2 or 3 years if you bring it in.

Edited by NarroSienar

installments dude. installments. buy your stuff with payments spread over installments of 12 months.

Honestly I'm fine with what I have. With the way component prices devaluate I'd feel a fool buying a new rig that would be worth less than half what I paid for it, two years down the line. Anybody who buys new gets as badly ripped off as our poor op.

Been building my own rigs for 10 years, so I know how to be able to play the latest games on decent settings for rock bottom prices that I don't mind paying.

Just so you know I'm not lying, here are my specs. This was bought from Bestbuy and even setup by a Geeksquad computer expert:

- GE Force GT 520 video card

You gotta be kidding me.

Why in the world will you get this card as a gamer when the other components you bought are towards the high end? Dun you know that processor, graphics card and ram are the brain, heart and lungs of any game?

Not to mention your processor lol

Edited by chrisshdw

BluRay player

See now that's your problem right there. Please post the specs and drivers for the BluRay player. You may need to upgrade to a Holographic Disc for the game to run smoothly. But Geek Squad is the best. I took my PC in because I was told it probably had viruses (even though it ran fine *shrug*) and when it came back it had this really cool metallic grinding noise coming from the inside--it's like having a muscle car now... vroom. Couldn't be happier. Good luck!

I'd go back and get a refund right now if I was you.

that is the most over-priced rig I've ever seen...

/agree. They really have done you over there.

I recently upgraded from a 520 that was YEARS old and not fit for any kind of modern day gaming. Upgraded with these main components and all modern games run at full graphics and are smoothe as silk.

CPU: Intel i5-2500k Sandy Bridge Quad Core Overclocked to 4.5MHz with 6MB onboard Cache

GFX: Palit 1280MB GTX 570 Sonic Platinum. GPU 800MHz, 1600MHz Shader, 4000MHz GDDR5, 480 Cores

[ you're avg GT520 will have the following]

1GB GT 520, 40nm, 1066MHz GDDR3, GPU 810MHz, Shader 1620MHz, 48 Cores,

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (Withough Service Pack 1 which slows everything right down)

My GFX card cost me about £270 (~$450) whereas your GT520 is about £30 (~$45). (I was actually surprised you can still buy them)

You can see why we say you have been conned ?