FTP is Too "Free". Please adjust model.

Klarick

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If thats your measure for dead, then there are a whole lot of people getting rich running "dead" games.

my point here and it is something alot subbers on their high horses seem to forget,if subbers was good enough to abstain this game,f2p wouldnt be here.

i mean if what you say is corrected and this game have 500k of subber paying 15 dollar per month, that would equal up to 7,500,000 dollars per month.

if this game was generating that much cash per month,i cant see this game ever go f2p

nah warcaft makes you pay to move off their dead realms still,

ps, f2p kiddies getting too much, im tired of listening to their BS already.

How so? You need a subscription to post on the forums. Chat in game is fine too, seen no complaints.

Warcraft isn't free to play either, and has like 10 million subscribers. Warcraft has a better cash shop too than SWTOR.

I know people like you want the game to fail, personally, I'd like to see them get more subscribers. How they currently have the pay model setup, they aren't. They'll simply make money from subscribers that like to gamble.

i mean if what you say is corrected and this game have 500k of subber paying 15 dollar per month, that would equal up to 7,500,000 dollars per month.

Then you take out money for wages for the large team required to run the game, costs incurred from server maintenance and upkeep, EA's meaty cut, and you're not left with too much to reinvest into future content while still making loads on the side - which, let's not fool ourselves, is exactly what they wanted: a game that generated more cash than they knew what to do with like WoW does.

How so? You need a subscription to post on the forums. Chat in game is fine too, seen no complaints.

Warcraft isn't free to play either, and has like 10 million subscribers. Warcraft has a better cash shop too than SWTOR.

I know people like you want the game to fail, personally, I'd like to see them get more subscribers. How they currently have the pay model setup, they aren't. They'll simply make money from subscribers that like to gamble.

tired of listening to kiddie garbage over general

tired of cheapskates getting 90% of what i pay for

mostly tired of listening about restrictions and how they want their free pony, ppl wanting to drop their sub being the worst whiners of the lot,

also no idea why you mention warcrafts shop compared, when i clearly stated alone specific to your point, that warcraft EU has plenty of dead servers which they still make their customers pay to move off instead of doing the decent thing and offering transfers and realm merges.

I'm also a Founder OP. Doesn't make you special. Or me for that matter.

You do know that there are only 2 character slots? That means in order to play all 8 storylines you'll have to delete your other characters. Two Quickbars. Credits cap. No chat. No mail. 25% exp reduction.

If anything, the f2p model is not free enough for me, as a former subscriber to come back. I already have two characters + legacy unlocks + 2m creds.

This is exactly the attitude that drove players away in the first place, and there seems to be no end to it. Not from the community nor the developers. A shame, really.

Guys, if your measure of success for an MMO is that it must meet or beat Wow's sub numbers thanevery MMO out there is a failure. This is not true, nor is it even close to being realistic. There will NEVER be another MMO to reach WoWs numbers. WoWis NOTthe rule, it is the exception. WoW is an anomaly in the world of MMO's.

Personally I just votekick blue-geared players and use companions.

Did a BP today in my columi healer today, had Xalek tanking like a pro.

Did the same. We were prepared to carry he guy through, because the rest of the group was overgeared, but he also turned out to be an a-hole (someone accidentally needed on an item and promptly gave it to the only person in the group that could use it and the guy threw a ***** fit about how that wasn't possible, while also accusing the healer of not doing her job because he kept standing in AoE's and she couldn't keep up with healing him and the necessary tank, so he died and tank stayed up. He was also so slow that he usually joined the rest of the group in a fight right around the time it was over).

Vote kicked around the third accusation that we were being stupid and to 'st*u' (unnecessary word filter). He then started spamming the healer with gobbeldy nonsense (thank you again, unnecessary word filter) and so she made a point to tell him Kira's AI was better than his play skills before ignoring him.

Edited by Prettyevilish

This thread astounds me. F2P players are highly restricted. If you don't believe so, try creating a free account.

Otherwise, keep subscribing happily. The F2P game doesn't affect you.

You can play the ENTIRE story line of EVERY class for free!!! You dont even have to buy the game -- like you do for GW2 for instance.

Im sorry, your complaint was.......?

tired of listening to kiddie garbage over general

tired of cheapskates getting 90% of what i pay for

mostly tired of listening about restrictions and how they want their free pony, ppl wanting to drop their sub being the worst whiners of the lot,

also no idea why you mention warcrafts shop compared, when i clearly stated alone specific to your point, that warcraft EU has plenty of dead servers which they still make their customers pay to move off instead of doing the decent thing and offering transfers and realm merges.

I have a subscription, thanks................the F2P model is garbage, I got like 100 million credits, why would I flush them down the toilet?

Warcraft's cash shop includes server transfers and faction changes, see, in WOW's business plan, they make ever MORE money from dead servers. Heck, I would bet those 2 functions make more money than all of SWTOR's subscriptions.

If you think the F2P's get 90% of what you pay for, why not cancel your sub for a month and see how "awesome" it is?

Kiddie chat in the general channel just started on the 15th in this game? There's been that since the launch.

Hello Tatile,

FTP'rs HAVE to buy extra quick bars? Who told you that? A FTP'er is given, for free, two quickbars. I have played since Beta and can tell you, that although 4 bars are convenient, they are not necessary. Actually, if at any point you find yourself REQUIRING more than 2 bars, than you are playing SWTOR incorrectly.

then u play wrong class,

and ur concept about swtor is totally wrong.

You can play the ENTIRE story line of EVERY class for free!!! You dont even have to buy the game -- like you do for GW2 for instance.

Maybe because this game is so bad, they can't give it away for free?

Give GW2 some time also, it'll be free or like $10 after 6 months.

As a potential returning customer looking to do the F2P model, I was informed that I had to decide which 2 characters to play. Bah! If I wanted to play a different story, I had to delete my other characters? What a bunch of crap.

Why do you expect for free what the rest of us pay for?

Oh wait, entitlement nation. Carry on ....

This thread was your complaint, and to be honest as FTP doesn't affect your game in any way, I'm still mystified as to what you're actually complaining about. Just enjoy your game and don't worry about anyone else.

mate are you for real you want them to segment every planet and rip side missions and heroics into quest packs and make people buy them failllllllllllllllllllllllllll

lotro aint doing well i play 4 servers there and almost all the time they are dead for 100s of miles

their f2p system is so much of a joke that i dont play unless im subbed which after the credit removal system they have in place is a joke

first point is this lotros vinnila area is 100% free the first zone they made for the game is 100% free all quests everything only the added on areas are charged for which all have nothing to do with the main story

you can grind coins with 2 alts like many do and not pay a god dam thing for the game ever making its f2p modle useless for making hardcore gamers sub or cheep scates sub

becides expancions packs you can play the intire game for free go to every area you just cant do questing from any of the npc that are not part of the main story lotros moddle sucks *** all free to play games do and so does this one

if you sub shut the hell up and enjoy your game if you cant handle wiping and need to blow content 1st time every time you are just sad and cant handle failure

i could care less if i wipe why cos that means its challenging if i dont wipe its to god dam easy

Edited by TheLordMagnus

Good evening or night, subscribers. Tell me, please, OP and those who agreed with him, what makes you feel anger towards us, "free players"? What is the reason of this sudden hostility, why all this vitriol? We aren't getting the same game as you because of the restrictions. Most of us by no means can defeat any of you thanks to the gear limit. There are no additional servers being used to host us, so costs of "housing" game's info hardly grown much. You have priority over us in logging into the game. You do realise that we are not harming your gaming experience, because we can't?

But you, somehow, still feel compelled to sneer at us or be hostile. And no, you have no reason to. Your reaction is hardly reasonable and explained by emotions you feel, and not by the reason. You may fear for the game's financial future, but remember, this project - the game - is being run by EA and Bioware. I doubt they would simply choose unprofitable model and be generous at their own expense. Yes, once you paid them - it's their money, and not yours any more. And thus, you don't have no more rights to demand any changes about this matter than I do or any other player - "free" or subscribed. Vote with your wallet and your legs, if you like.

Sure, you're free to whine about "stupid f2p-kiddies" all you want, if that makes you feel more important and mature.