[DAILY] Target Misfires SUCKS!!!!

bahdasz

Who the hell designed this game? Do they think that only one person at a time is doing dailies? I do not intend to spend an hour on one freaking dalily, so I will never be doing this one again.

Here's the stupidest scenario in the whole game so far...

5 groups in a tiny area doing the same daily

The objective: collect 3 of some thing from a republic marksman.

The catch: there are only 3 marksman, they have about a 1/10 drop rate for the thing you need and they're on a 5 minute respawn

The result: 15 really pissed off people standing around for an hour trying to beat each other to respawns that don't drop the stupid item they need anyway.

Somebody should get fired.

Edited by bahdasz

Who the hell designed this game? Do they think that only one person at a time is doing dailies? I do not intend to spend an hour on one freaking dalily, so I will never be doing this one again.

The catch: there are only 3 marksman, they have about a 1/10 drop rate for the thing you need and they're on a 5 minute respawn

The result: 15 really pissed off people standing around for an hour trying to beat each other to respawns that don't drop the stupid item they need anyway.

Take it easy sport!

But I have too agree, there is an issue with the design of some daily quests, and it has nothing to do with the difficulty, it's because the quests just drags out to a soulcrushing pace.

They should reduce the ammount republic marksman you need to kill from 3 to 1

And the should reduce the ammoun ot Torvix Crates from 6 to 3

I wonder if any of the devs actually do dailies

I log on to play around and try the new content, I'm not in a hurry, but Jesis. Ridiculous. It took me longer to get through one part of one daily than it took me to do all the dailies on Belsavis.

I will not be coming back to "Area X(tremely crappy)" again any time soon. The dev team in this game really needs to pull there heads out of...

I will not be coming back to "Area X(tremely crappy)" again any time soon. The dev team in this game really needs to pull there heads out of...

I thought that after the feedback given about the Torvix Crates the design team would have learned by now, so they must be trolling or the community team has failed to escalate the feedback to them

I just dumped two other dailies and fleet passed out of there altogether. I won't be going back, probably ever; that area sucks worse than any other I've seen in this game so far. The designers of this game have no freaking sense at all.

I thought that after the feedback given about the Torvix Crates the design team would have learned by now, so they must be trolling or the community team has failed to escalate the feedback to them

It's become pretty obvious now that they're trolling hardcore....

When I did them Thursday night that was a pain, yeah, but there were a half dozen instances on my server and over 70 people in the one I was in iirc. It's not like every single time you go to section x you'll be competing against a dozen ppl in every quest area.

Give it a bit until the excitement over a new area calms down. Also, they sped up the drop rate for the crates in BH so its not like they don't fix these kinds if issues when they come up - if it continues to be a problem they'll fix it.

I really like the new heroic quest and the new dailies are pretty cool, much less boring and tedious than BH. The lag I've seen there is definitely an issue though.

The new dailies are quite lucrative but the rare drop rate of this mission is frustrating and no fun. I'm sure the respawn rate won't matter as much once the initial interest slows down but for now fighting for spawns is also no fun.

I don't think the population rate will matter. Even with multiple instances of Section X, the quest is still miserable to do.

This is seriously mind-boggling.

Daily areas could use the guild wars 2 quest system... :/

BTW it's not that bad compared to the Republic quests. they take far much more time to complete in Section X!

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

You guys could try grouping up. That seems to me the problem more than anythign in this MMO is the people dont want to group up to do content that would benefit from it

You know what? When there are 120 people in there, even grouped it's 30 groups fighting over half a dozen spawns. You people should go away with your MMO mandatory group 12-year-old in a playground mentality, tbh.

but but but Damion Schubert knows so much more than you [and apparently bioware] about mmo game design, I mean he was a dev on meridian 59, he knows exactly what modern mmo players want to do in game. how dare you question grinding and RNG mission items, 50 people trying to kill 3 guys in a tiny space is the future of the mmo genre.

thats why they let Damion take all the bioware out of a bioware mmo. noone who was excited for swtor or currently plays wants story, compelling companions, or varied quest design like kotor had. we all just want to grind for the least possible reward so we feel forced to play for hours on end doing tedious tasks. thank EA that they made him lead designer or we wouldnt of been scanning all over the place for hk parts, now that is just ground breaking innovative mmo quest design that no one has ever seen before. all that awesome "group" gameplay just blows bioware story telling out of the water. this is the future of mmo game design

but but but Damion Schubert knows so much more than you [and apparently bioware] about mmo game design, I mean he was a dev on meridian 59, he knows exactly what modern mmo players want to do in game. how dare you question grinding and RNG mission items, 50 people trying to kill 3 guys in a tiny space is the future of the mmo genre.

thats why they let Damion take all the bioware out of a bioware mmo. noone who was excited for swtor or currently plays wants story, compelling companions, or varied quest design like kotor had. we all just want to grind for the least possible reward so we feel forced to play for hours on end doing tedious tasks. thank EA that they made him lead designer or we wouldnt of been scanning all over the place for hk parts, now that is just ground breaking innovative mmo quest design that no one has ever seen before. all that awesome "group" gameplay just blows bioware story telling out of the water. this is the future of mmo game design

WHAT? What does that even say? How does Damian what'shisnuts figure into this topic. This isn't and insightful look at why BW sucks or whatever, I don't even understand what you're trying to say here.

Whoever designed this section sucks at their job, that's the point of this whole thread, I don't really care what their name is.

Edited by bahdasz

WHAT? What does that even say? How does Damian what'shisnuts figure into this topic. This isn't and insightful look at why BW sucks or whatever, I don't even understand what you're trying to say here.

Whoever designed this section sucks at their job, that's the point of this whole thread, I don't really care what their name is.

Damion whats his nuts is the lead designer genius, lead designer is going to have final say on a new daily area and the quest design

your first question was who designed this game? :rolleyes:

and sorry for assuming you could comprehend sarcasm, thought I layed it on pretty thick

Just did the Imp side Section X for the first time last night, and I have to agree. I even got marksman I was spawn-camping "stolen" because I was a split second too slow. (Sure, I'll blame lag :p)

The Pub side doesn't seem to have any similar issues with spawn/drop rates. In fact, there's one where I think they respawn TOO fast, as you can easily find yourself overwhelmed by strongs that appear out of nowhere while you're fighting another group.

Like the Mk 3 Shields for Republic Ilum and the crates for both in BH, I'm sure they'll be able to adjust the timer/drop rate to fix - or at least mitigate - the issue.

It'll work out. This is hardly a rage-worthy issue. :)

im sure it'll be patched soon. You're overreacting, though. Patches, no matter the content, will always have something over or under-tuned.

Oh, by the ways, the bigger bug this match is the horrendous ability delay in section X

It is the same problem they had in Black hole..they learned nothing from that. That isnt a bug, it isnt "fine tuning"

It is an idiot with a design philosophy that wont wake up and smell the unsubs he caused. He is allowed to do it all over again. with the same results. If the designers dont pull their heads out of their nether regions this will continue.

But in the meantime, they should have this sorta fixed by say 1.8 or 1.9.