My luck with 90 cartel packs, not so good of luck.

Remamian

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you bought 90 packs, and you're complaining about not getting two items, I have zero sympathy for you. Piss away more of your money in a vain attempt for all I care.

what a waste of $$$$ .. NOOB! i guess they were right on the F2P .. they gota ya!

And these are why children should not play community driven games. Trolls much

So its getting that time of year when i normally have an extra flow of cash laying around, just so happens i have something to spend them on now. So i figured hey! I had nearly 3000 cartel coins from my sub and collectors i figured i'd buy a few extra. There were really just a few things i was looking for that i saw people had gotten from the packs. The Throne, which is the ultra rare, which i wanted just so can sell it. The only thing honestly that i wanted for myself was a Covert Belt, i really wanted this to complete a look on one of my characters.

Well i bought an extra 5500 cartel coins so i can get enough packs to pretty much guarantee that i can at least get my belt.

Well it just soo happens that after opening ALL those cartels packs, i still had nothing i wanted.......

I've now purchased 33,000 cartel coins (6x the 5500 39.99 group = 240$) and here are my findings

XP BOOSTS (Major)

Class Mission x2

Experience x5

Flashpoint x6

Exploration x2

Warzone x4

Social x1

Space Mission x1

XP BOOSTS (Minor)

Class Mission x10

Experiance x2

Flashpoint x11

Exploration x7

Warzone x9

Social x9

Space Mission x7

Vehicles

Rendii Nightshade x7

Lhosan Manta x5

Longspur Elite x4

Ubrikki Sand Devil x7

Ubrikki Crimson Claw x10

Pets

Mountain Lizardbat x7

Golden Lizardbat x5

Slate Mouse Horranth x6

Golden-skinned Vrblet x3

Red-Backed Gizka x1

Low Atmosphere Miniprobe x1

Weapons - Crystals

Hyperstorm Heavy Cannon x1

Rangehunter EE-1 Carbine Rifle x2

Devastator's Double-Bladed Lightsaber x2

Max-Tac Precision Sniper Rifle

Advanced Pink-Purple Indestructible Crystal (End) x 3

Advanced Pink-Purple Hawkeye Crystal x1

Advanced Pink-Purple Eviscerating Crystal x1

Advanced Pink-Purple War Hero's Crystal x1

Consumables

Emote: Menace x5

Emote: Intimidate x3

Title: The Cartel Collector x9

Title: The Crime Lord x2

Clothing

Elegant Loungewear Bottoms x3

Elegant Loungewear Top x7

Elegant Loungewear Cap x5

Trailblazer's Helmet x4

Trailblazer's Boots x1

Trailblazer's Legs x1

Spymaster's Helmet x1

Covert Torso Energy Armor x6

Mask of Nihilus x2

Other

Imperial Banner x4

Republic Banner x9

Glowing Eyes - Gold x2

Glowing Eyes - Red x4

Satele Shan Holostatue x1

Darth Malgus Holostatue x4

Ball Toss x10

Companion Gifts and Materials

These items i didnt keep tally's of or any records as i already had a bunch of them. I did note some of the rarer items

Molecular Stabilizers x5

Radioactive Paste x10

Enriched Durasteel x80

Ciridium x40

Subelectronic Data Module x30

Biometric Cystal Alloy x110

Alien Data Cube x70

Dallorian Alloy x60

Corusca Gem x5

Nanosilk x60

Lorrdian Gemstone x10

Perfect Yellow Crystal x40

Perfect Orange Crystal x50

Mandalorian Iron x5

Self-Perpetuating Power Cell x60

Smart Cells x40

So recap, I got a boat-load of stuff out of the 90 some packs i opened....

No throne

No Covert Belt

-- really .... no covert belt, that's like the only thing i wanted!

What a huge waste of money.

And these are why children should not play community driven games. Trolls much

People who think you wasted your money are not trolls, they are people who think you wasted your money. I think you wasted your money. 240 bucks for some crap? Really? Surely you could have found something better to use 240 dollars for. Its disgusting if you ask me. No, Im not poor, so dont go waste your time with those type of comments.

Edited by Soluss

wow, F2P is working just how they want it. subs spending loads of money on stuff. talked to someone on POT5 that had the throne and he said he opened 12 packs and got it. I wont waste real money on a chance to get something. ill use my sub CC for a pack a month.

This is precisely how the cartel packs are supposed to work. If there's an item you want, gamble for it. If you don't want to spend money on it at all, don't. If you want to spend a few bucks at a shot at it, by all means, go for it, and if you don't get the item you want, sell the items you do get, in the hopes that you get enough kickbacks in credits to buy the item that will most likely appear on the GTN anyways.

It's a money driver. The naysayers can crap all over it all they want, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a money-maker. That's what a business is designed to to, first and foremost, is make money. The great thing about this moneymaker is that there are people who will try it out, there are people who won't use it (with the exception of buying the items on the GTN), and people who will use their disposable incomes to purchase a fair bit more, simply because they can.

I don't think there's going to be gambling addicts for these things, considering how simple it will be to get the item they want off the GTN, in exchange for the credits they will likely be making selling the stuff that they already got from said packs. The trend will eventually die down a fair bit after a couple weeks. Then it will be business as usual.

I've bought a handful of packs myself, with the coins I already got and a single purchase of the 5500 coin pack. I didn't quite get what I was looking for, but I know for sure it'll be on the GTN soon enough.

This confirm what i belive that there is no monkey lizzard in those packs.They know people want

one so this is how they get people to buy more, did not get one myself. That is just evil and greedy

beyond.Did anyone actually get one ? Have not seen anyone ingame with one either.

False advertising.

Umm: a couple of things.

First, if there were no "super rare" items at super low odds, where'd be the fun in gambling?

Secondly, what's wrong with a business making money? I love the game and want it to carry on and for new locations, missions and so on to be added. If the developers aren't paid, how's that going to happen?

I'm a subscriber because I enjoy the game. I support FTP too for those who are less keen or less fortunate than I am. And I support people who buy cartel coins if they want a bit of reasonably priced fun. It's all good!

This is precisely how the cartel packs are supposed to work. If there's an item you want, gamble for it. If you don't want to spend money on it at all, don't. If you want to spend a few bucks at a shot at it, by all means, go for it, and if you don't get the item you want, sell the items you do get, in the hopes that you get enough kickbacks in credits to buy the item that will most likely appear on the GTN anyways.

It's a money driver. The naysayers can crap all over it all they want, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a money-maker. That's what a business is designed to to, first and foremost, is make money. The great thing about this moneymaker is that there are people who will try it out, there are people who won't use it (with the exception of buying the items on the GTN), and people who will use their disposable incomes to purchase a fair bit more, simply because they can.

I don't think there's going to be gambling addicts for these things, considering how simple it will be to get the item they want off the GTN, in exchange for the credits they will likely be making selling the stuff that they already got from said packs. The trend will eventually die down a fair bit after a couple weeks. Then it will be business as usual.

I've bought a handful of packs myself, with the coins I already got and a single purchase of the 5500 coin pack. I didn't quite get what I was looking for, but I know for sure it'll be on the GTN soon enough.

May not be gambling addicts but there will be fluff item addicts. Its just as bad. They will never die down because once the money flow slows down, they will just add more items to the packs.

In a few months time, you will read in the news about someone losing their house or not feeding their kids because they spent their entire paycheck trying to get "X" item. Then there will be talks of suing because of addiction or some other silly ****.

Edited by Soluss

• 2 weeks later...
This confirm what i belive that there is no monkey lizzard in those packs.They know people want

one so this is how they get people to buy more, did not get one myself. That is just evil and greedy

beyond.Did anyone actually get one ? Have not seen anyone ingame with one either.

False advertising.

I got a monkey lizzard with my last pack. Was wanting a throne... oh well, just used my existing credits for 4 packs. Got a pink-purple crystal indestructable and some rides and alot of other junk. I will probably sell the monkey lizzard and try to get enough to get a throne. Or just some spending credits. :p

False advertising.

i have 3

I sadly dropped 120 bucks on coins, and was only after 2 things, a white crystal and a Throne, none of which i got, the gamble boxes are silly, but at least i learnt a lesson.

Patience...yep, i just need to wait for the Elder Scrolls online to drop for my new MMO fix.