Well, F2P is a success!

Anysao

I'd say "wait at least a month" before making such a claim.

F2P is supposed to be a long term thing, not a restart... and considering what we know, there's very little hope it'll be a success.

Edited by JMCH

I'd say it was a success even if in 3 months everyone cancels and stops playing. So many of my old friends have left already and populations have plummeted until now.

HOWEVER how many people out there have in 1 day bought Cartel Coin packs $39.99 or a couple of the big CC packs? I'd say in the first week from CC's they probably will make as much as they would make in 3 months of subscribers paying without any of the costs of maintaining the servers.

Last night, I had to go, so I logged out of swtor, but I didn't "quit". I came back an hour and a half later, and I saw about 4-5 o the North American servers full!

Hooray!

I would have to agree with the others, we will have to wait a month to find out. However this is Bio-ware's second chance. If they can roll out new features and updates within another 6 weeks, I think they will have more subscribers.

how many people out there have in 1 day bought Cartel Coin packs $39.99 or a couple of the big CC packs?

That's quite the opposite of "success", frankly... making money with subscribers (be it regular or F2P ones, we're all subscribers) in one occasion doesn't make a success out of a declining game not improving by any mean.

Edited by JMCH

Don't call it a success till it's had time to sink in. The servers are full, but half the first things out of people's mouths are complaints about the restrictions, which sends them right back out the door before it's even done closing. A friend of mine even made a crack that they couldn't find a mailbox they remembered being up "because I don't subscribe" lol

I wouldn't call it a success yet. I came back to see whether it's worth paying some in the shop for the 1-50 leveling game and was surprised at just how many pay walls I came up against in basic game play. I have to buy the option to open credit case mission rewards? I have to pay to expand my inventory space and pay more if I want it to be on both character slots? Can't /tell. Can't trade. Can't use mail. Chat is rate limited.

You literally can't play for five minutes without hitting one of the paywalls. I thought that since I bought the DD edition I might get a break on some of the restrictions since Bioware already got my box purchase and six months of subscription but, as far as I can tell, I was put into the same ghetto as some guy who never gave Bioware a dime.

I wouldn't call it a success yet. I came back to see whether it's worth paying some in the shop for the 1-50 leveling game and was surprised at just how many pay walls I came up against in basic game play. I have to buy the option to open credit case mission rewards? I have to pay to expand my inventory space and pay more if I want it to be on both character slots? Can't /tell. Can't trade. Can't use mail. Chat is rate limited.

You literally can't play for five minutes without hitting one of the paywalls. I thought that since I bought the DD edition I might get a break on some of the restrictions since Bioware already got my box purchase and six months of subscription but, as far as I can tell, I was put into the same ghetto as some guy who never gave Bioware a dime.

I agree that previous buyers should get the Premium set. But spend $4 and youll get a lot for free (this might hurt or not hurt :p)

OT: Cant call anything a success at the moment. Wait it out and see. I also suspect changes in the F2P model

I would not call it a success. I only saw on NA servers a return to what the populations "were" just after the mergers. There weren't even any queues during primetime. I will admit that all the servers except Jung Ma ( go figure) were at very heavy or "full" but, it was even easy to log in to the "full" servers.

On a related note. I was able to play again on high graphics settings with only "slight" stuttering. Still not fixed to 100% prior to patch 1.4 but, I did notice an improvement.

/$0.02 :cool: