We all just want to see the game succeed... right?

Kadin

Absolutely.

I complain loudly and consistently because I think some of the restrictions (quickbars, customer support) are going to drive away both returning and new players who would otherwise pay for stuff. I don't think they'll succeed under this model, and I would really like to see them succeed.

This model is better suited to getting as much money as they can off a sinking ship, which both worries and saddens me. I don't want this game to go the way of City of Heroes. I'd love to see it flourish with new content, new stories and new players from now until 2030. I just don't think that's where it's headed.

Edited by Guancyto

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a Star wars game to succedd. I want to have an interesting game where choices matter, where I can battle impossible odds (PvE) where I come out excited I won the battle feeling that it was a challenge but fair, I want to be able to causally join in PvP and have a chace of winning, I want to play a Kel'dor Jedi and feel like I have left my stamp on the galaxy...... As far as TOR goes its currently the best SW MMO about, do I want this to meet all my expectations sure, will I jump ship if another game delivers where TOR failed, in a hart beat. I think everyone posting on the forums wants TOR to be everything it could be but it does not mean we can not see where it fails.

Sometimes it's hard to tell what the overall opinion is of the game. Here on the official boards, I think it's pretty clear: people aren't too terribly happy... ever.

I really hope that the underlying cause of this unhappiness is just because people want to see the game be around for a long time and succeed in the end. I'm not delusional in this thinking, am I? Everyone that's here right now and is able to post has paid for the game and has an active sub (trials aside). Please don't tell me people pay money just to see a game fail and go away forever.

#longliveTOR

Many of us do want to see the game succeed.

But I do believe there is a cadre of users on this forum (and even in the game) who will not be satisfied until this game is shut down and declared an official "failure", somehow thus justifying their unrequited love for SWG, and somehow fulfilling their wish for vengeance upon this game.

Personally I'd be happy for whoever was responsible for TOR to be fired and never getting a job in the industry again. Sadly this won't happen and the only people who have or will suffer any consequences are the scrubs that just did the handiwork. Edited by FerrusPA