Sand Demon too strong

daftshadow

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did this fight yesterday, lv29 guardian hybrid spec. Managed it on the third try, had to watch for interrupts. Fought Praven just before this and thought he was much easier, got him on my first try.

On my third try, I got initial aggro, and tanked until I was around 25% health, popped my medpak, then kited him while Kira dps'd. Once she pulled aggro off me, I taunted and continued kiting.

Edited by MarshalRhadagast

I did this quest today with my lvl 25 sith jugg. had about 30% hp left when the boss died. Used Vette (ranged dps companion)

Make sure all your skills are set and a medpac. Enrage - jump in, smash, ravage, taunt, run.. kited until I had half hp then used Call on the force, taunted again and ran, popped medpack, boss at 30%, tanked the rest.

if you cant do this boss as a tank at lvl 28 or 30 you need to change your gameplan.

Ugh, another "this is too hard" thread. I really hope this game doesn't get nerfed to the point of WoW because of you people. I've solo'd everything on my JK so far (not heroics obvously) without much of a problem. But the more I read these threads the more i notice a trend of people not using interupts, most of those things you're not interupting hit very hard.

This Sand Demon I would have to say is one of the easier encounters, if you can't solo this then go do some more side quests and grinding because you're rushing your storyline and you're not high enough to solo.

Ugh, another "this is too hard" thread. I really hope this game doesn't get nerfed to the point of WoW because of you people. I've solo'd everything on my JK so far (not heroics obvously) without much of a problem. But the more I read these threads the more i notice a trend of people not using interupts, most of those things you're not interupting hit very hard.

This Sand Demon I would have to say is one of the easier encounters, if you can't solo this then go do some more side quests and grinding because you're rushing your storyline and you're not high enough to solo.

you're full of it, i see no bars for interrupting, he just hits like a truck

Very difficult as a Tank spec Guardian JK with Kira at level 27.

Several replies in the thread are complete BS, so just ignore the trolls who are telling you how they easily beat blah blah blah.

For the record, the sand demon has no interruptable abilities.

There are little puddles (splotches) on the ground that spawn quickly and depending on your graphics setting can be VERY hard to see. Keep an eye out for them.

Haven't tried a pure kiting strategy yet, but the brief moments I backed away the sand demon was still doing quite a bit of damage to me from range, so I'm not convinced that's a viable strategy either.

My strategy is simple. Invite a friend. I'm leveling with another Jedi Knight, so we do our stories together and have no problems with the fights.

It may be cheesing it. But fights where you can preform absolutely perfectly solo and still fail ain't fair fights to begin with.

If anyone had learnt ANYthing from the Valis fight, they'd be able to handle these bosses. I'm green to MMO's myself, and nearly destroyed my computer in frustration with Valis, but I beat him after I finally learnt how to cycle my abilities and use interrupts and powerful buffs.

Ended up handling Praven and the Sand Demon easily in one go each. Call of the Force, Stasis and Saber Ward are your friends. Send Kira in first always. Afaik the SD doesn't have a knockback either, so you don't even have to worry about interrupts. Though I may be wrong.

Although I was a level higher because I finished every other sidequest possible and made sure my abilities were at the highest rank available from the trainer. A high spec medpac will help too.

Here's what I did:

Send in Kira

Saber Ward

Jump in

Generate focus and DoT attacks

CotF at 30% Kira's health

Saber ward again

Stasis

DoT's

PWNT

Edited by TheHarvester

I beat him at lvl 27. It was really hard, had to use medpacks, str packs, cds etc. I prefer you try him at lvl 28 or 29.

I did it was a jedi sentinel and the trick is to have kira tanking for awhile and make sure you use your shield twice, with that said, you have to use cds.

Goodluck mate!

Yours,

DG.

Very difficult as a Tank spec Guardian JK with Kira at level 27.

Several replies in the thread are complete BS, so just ignore the trolls who are telling you how they easily beat blah blah blah.

For the record, the sand demon has no interruptable abilities.

There are little puddles (splotches) on the ground that spawn quickly and depending on your graphics setting can be VERY hard to see. Keep an eye out for them.

Haven't tried a pure kiting strategy yet, but the brief moments I backed away the sand demon was still doing quite a bit of damage to me from range, so I'm not convinced that's a viable strategy either.

not easy at all, but perfectly doable at 25 as a tank if kited. Same for the next fight when you cant use companion.. died 7 times on that one but finally got it when I changed tactics.

Tactics work..and trial and error too.

I didn't find it hard at all. You might have to use your 20 minute cooldown to reset your saber ward and heal you and your companion, but beyond that, it shouldn't be a problem. As others have mentioned, make sure to use your abiities that prevent you from being hit, whether it's stasis, push, hilt strike if you're defense, etc. Also, interrupt stuff that has a cast bar.

Did you actually do this encounter? There is no cast bar by Sand Demon during the fight and nothing to interrupt.....

I didn't find it hard at all. You might have to use your 20 minute cooldown to reset your saber ward and heal you and your companion, but beyond that, it shouldn't be a problem. As others have mentioned, make sure to use your abiities that prevent you from being hit, whether it's stasis, push, hilt strike if you're defense, etc. Also, interrupt stuff that has a cast bar.

Did you actually do this encounter? There is no cast bar by Sand Demon during the fight and nothing to interrupt.....

Here's what I did:

Send in Kira

Saber Ward

Jump in

Generate focus and DoT attacks

CotF at 30% Kira's health

Saber ward again

Stasis

DoT's

PWNT

This is precisely the sequence I used with my Sentinel at 27. Also, Shii-Cho form was a must for me, and I should note that I'm leveling with the Watchman tree for the extra heals I get when I crit.

Kira did die during the fight, but consuming a Field Medpac and popping the second Saber Ward allowed me to finish off the Sand Demon with about 40% of my health left.

I can confirm that there is nothing he casts or channels that is interruptable. Rather, Saber Ward and Rebuke are what save you in this fight. But let me stress that it is definitely possible to solo this boss at level 27, folks. I am proof! Just use the sequence I quoted, and keep at it. :)

A plea to the devevelopment team: Don't nerf the fight. It is just as difficult as it needs to be. Plus, tough fights like this serve as good training tools.

Edited by Deelmackey

Glad someone else brought up the fact that they didn't see any interruptible abilities...thought I was just completely missing them.

Yeah....I had pretty much resigned to the fact that I must be the worst player ever if I was getting owned this badly and others were beating it "with ease".

I'm not sure if the intent here was to be so frustrating to make you change characters, but I haven't touched my Sentinel since about 10 deaths and 10,000 credits between armor damage and stim packs.

The thought of travelling to worlds I've already been to, to pick up random missions to gain an entire level isn't that enticing either but it will have to do. I've tried making comments about it in open world chat but all I get is replies about how tough they found it - but that's as far as it goes.

I appreciate this is an MMORPG and sometimes you will need teammates...but this is a tad ridiculous. My friends who do play this game are either lower than my level to help with this or on a different server.

It's one thing being tough, but I've given up any shot at this until I gain a whole level above the mission level.

Edited by Lucenter

I am a level 27 Jedi Guardian and I can't beat the Sand Demon. Not sure if it's an Elite or Boss mob as it has both labels. Any how, I've died three times now. It takes out Kira in less than five seconds and I'm pretty much dead a couple of seconds later. Any suggestions how to beat it?

Edit: Nvm I just barely beat it with 2% of my health left. Its ground shaking/pounding skill is too damn powerful.

i actually found it easier to kill then the sand demon spawns which i found hit me way harder , i just let kira tank and killed it EASILY as a jedi guardian vigil spec , seriously was soooooooooo easy

I didn't find it hard to kill at all. My Sentinel tore through it. Like another said, I found the sand demon spawns caused me more trouble. But it wasn't bad at all. Maybe because I was level 30? Edited by OrmEmber

How are people only lvl 25-28 when facing him ? I was like 31 or 32 when I reached that part, and I simply did all the quests on the way, as well as each instance once (and the space fights quests when I get new ones) and I'm vastly overleveled compared to the zones I'm in (90% of Tatooine quests gave me 5xp as a reward...). Are you all just skipping quests altogether to be that much lower level ?

(needless to say with such a huge level difference, the whole class quest line is ridiculously easy)

How are people only lvl 25-28 when facing him ? I was like 31 or 32 when I reached that part, and I simply did all the quests on the way, as well as each instance once (and the space fights quests when I get new ones) and I'm vastly overleveled compared to the zones I'm in (90% of Tatooine quests gave me 5xp as a reward...). Are you all just skipping quests altogether to be that much lower level ?

(needless to say with such a huge level difference, the whole class quest line is ridiculously easy)

Exactly, if people actually did their side quests they'd have no trouble with soloing the story quests, it's cake.

For those of you that think this fight is hard, you're in for some real doozies later on.

Do your side quests first, it makes things alot more manageable.

I really dont get what the issue is i did it first time as a sentinel with kira without using call on the force at level 25.

Send Kira in

Saber ward

Jump

Rebuk

Add burns

Activate zen

Slash/strike/master strike

Force stasis

If you learn your class and get your rotation right you will not have any issue with bosses, defector guy was also a piece of piss to get right. I suggest do some pvp as it really helps you learn your class.

Also is anyonelse having an issue of being underleveled? I started tatooine at 22 which is pretty painfull...:S Before you say-Go and do the side quests...i have. So anyone else having this issue?

Edited by arthasess

I am a level 27 Jedi Guardian and I can't beat the Sand Demon. Not sure if it's an Elite or Boss mob as it has both labels. Any how, I've died three times now. It takes out Kira in less than five seconds and I'm pretty much dead a couple of seconds later. Any suggestions how to beat it?

Edit: Nvm I just barely beat it with 2% of my health left. Its ground shaking/pounding skill is too damn powerful.

Just as a matter of fact. I had no issue with the Sand Demon. He went down while I had about 25% health left to play with. I actually found her too easy for what she was supposed to be.

Glad someone else brought up the fact that they didn't see any interruptible abilities...thought I was just completely missing them.

Yeah....I had pretty much resigned to the fact that I must be the worst player ever if I was getting owned this badly and others were beating it "with ease".

I'm not sure if the intent here was to be so frustrating to make you change characters, but I haven't touched my Sentinel since about 10 deaths and 10,000 credits between armor damage and stim packs.

The thought of travelling to worlds I've already been to, to pick up random missions to gain an entire level isn't that enticing either but it will have to do. I've tried making comments about it in open world chat but all I get is replies about how tough they found it - but that's as far as it goes.

I appreciate this is an MMORPG and sometimes you will need teammates...but this is a tad ridiculous. My friends who do play this game are either lower than my level to help with this or on a different server.

It's one thing being tough, but I've given up any shot at this until I gain a whole level above the mission level.

I have not once required a team for any of the solo content. Though I imagine it would make it go by a little faster. I think people just need to learn the basics of their builds. This game is only a few weeks to the general public and people are already making claims of breakage.

There are some shortcomings in the build area. But you can solo all the way through this game without one single need of a group. My roomate sat behind his keyboard for about two weeks and leveled his toon to 50 and not once complained. He said it was pretty easy actually. And I watched him play alot so I am inclined to agree.

Now I am 40 as I dont have the time to play that many hours, but I have to agree from experience now that I have no issues at all. I just play until I die and then reevaluate that fight, adjust and rince and repeat. I have yet to skip a class or world story on any planet I have visited. So that must tell you that it can be done.