Balmorra - Which side happens 1st?*possible spoiler*

XAtrophi

So after finally making my first republic character its been bugging me as to which sides story happens first.

I was thinking republics happened before imperial because it looks much nicer but also the whole point of the imperial story is the republic is helping even though they aren't supposed to be.

Which brings to mind if the republic story happens after shouldn't the war be ongoing since they broke the treaty- yet the war doesn't officially start until act 3.

But im still unsure so hoping someone could shed some light on this.

Imperial before Republic. Darth Lachris is still alive when you're an Imp and you kill her as a Pub. Not to mention that for the Pub side you get mentions of the Republic helping Balmorra, then leaving twice. The first is assumed to be during the war and before the treaty, the second time is assumed to be after the treaty when the resistance is getting "Unsanctioned" help.

Darn it, and my warrior worked so hard to take Balmorra ;)

Tell that to the Knight who worked so hard to make Taris a decent place to live...

Also, which Republic class gets to face off with Lachris? Consular or Trooper, I assume? I've taken the other two Republic classes through Balmorra, never seen her.