Romance Double-Standard

redhuntinghat

True but assassins CAN use lighting. And I don't know I always saw Sorcs as more thinkers and knowledgeable about DS lore which...the SI isn't really.

True, and on some of the scenes I can imagine my Assassin using It instead. Still, the story played out more as a Sorc feeling, to me anyways. Also, I don't imagine the Inquisitor having to have all that lore knowledge, only because, out of all 4 force using classes, the Inquisitor is the only one not portrayed as being ALL THAT!

Consular, Knight, Warrior, all betrayed as being the second coming of force users. Inquisitor is portrayed as "You have force sensitivety, we're shipping you off to Korriban! We expect you to die."

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very long comment thread on a blog that I follow that I wanted to post to here because of relevance.

HERE.

Have a good day, guys, and now I go back to lurking.

Thank you for the link - I'm reminded of PAR's article on how games with female characters get significantly less funding (also, linked to the fact that the then-season's line-up was all white men with a five o'clock shadow.)

It's almost entirely down to the fact that everything involved in video-game design (from learning coding to actively participating in the industry) is put in place in such a way to actively discourage women from taking part (and by extension of the "Boy's Club" rules, anyone who is a little bit different from the boys in the club - I don't expect there are many openly gay or bisexual men working in mainstream video games offices, nor many People of Colour.)