The Real Question Who do you want to Direct the new Star Wars?

jarjarloves

My vote goes to Zach Snyder (sp?)....That guy has an unlimited imagination, and could bring a whole new life to Star Wars. He has also proven that when given base material to work with he can stay true to the story, not to mention his ability to make things look absolutely epic.

In liue of that I would say Jamrs Cameron would be an excellent choice.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim Burton...

I'm absolutely kidding btw, don't kill me.

I heard some people say Chris Nolan and honestly, I'm a Chris Nolan fanatic but even I don't see him being able to do a good Star Wars movie - I just don't think he'd take it in the right direction. I qactually think Nolan should start doing the Star Trek movies and have Abrams do Star Wars, it would be a win-win.

interesting rumor. Jon Favro's new movie has just been put on hold. This usually happens when they have a conflict.

It could mean he is going to direct the new Star Wars. For those of you who don't know Favro directed Iron Man 1 and 2, as well as Cowboys vs Aliens.

He's a solid director and defently an actors director. As long as he is given a good script he can do a great job.

This would make me a happy chap, indeed.

However, with as deep as Disney's pocket books are, almost anyone could make a great Star Wars movie.

George Lucas would like to have a word with you.

In any case, I'm not really sure who should it be, as long as it isn't Michael Bay, George Lucas or JJ Abrams.

Maybe Ridley Scott, although I haven't seen had he regressed in prometheus.

Edited by Karkais

Kevin Smith. He's a die hard Star Wars fan boy, accomplished director, and he's been chomping at the bit to be involved with Star Wars in any way possible forever.

He's the obvious choice for a director that gives a crap about content and quality.

Tim Burton...

I'm absolutely kidding btw, don't kill me.

I heard some people say Chris Nolan and honestly, I'm a Chris Nolan fanatic but even I don't see him being able to do a good Star Wars movie - I just don't think he'd take it in the right direction. I qactually think Nolan should start doing the Star Trek movies and have Abrams do Star Wars, it would be a win-win.

I'm a huge Chris Nolan fan, but you're right. There wouldn't be a way for him to make Star Wars realistic enough. That's what I loved most about his Batman Trilogy was the gritty realism that he put in there. That kind of grit wouldn't be possible with a full-on Star Wars movie. MAYBE if he did a Boba Fett spin-off.... actually, that could work. Chris Nolan could do a Boba Fett movie and make it look bad***.

Kevin Smith. He's a die hard Star Wars fan boy, accomplished director, and he's been chomping at the bit to be involved with Star Wars in any way possible forever.

He's the obvious choice for a director that gives a crap about content and quality.

If that happened, he would have to get Jason Mewes in there as "Darth BALLS!" :D

Ok so we know they are going with an original story here so the big question is who do you want to direct it?

My choices would be

Gore Verbrinski (Pirates of the Carribean) - seeing as the PIrates movies are essentially Star Wars movies as far as tone, pacing, and action go he would be perfect for recapturing the feel of the OT

Sam Rami (First 3 spiderman movies and the new Wizard of OZ movie) Simliar to Gore he can do a great job at making a light hearted and fun movie.

Alfonso Cuarón (Children of Men and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askban) He could make a really good dark Star Wars movie.

What are your top 3?

Gore Verbinski, sure...

I'd like to see Speilberg or Abrams but both of them have said they wouldn't touch SW.

And Nolan is my all-time favorite director and writer but I don't think he personally would do SW and the fact that he makes everything realistic in a way might get in the way.

interesting rumor. Jon Favro's new movie has just been put on hold. This usually happens when they have a conflict.

It could mean he is going to direct the new Star Wars. For those of you who don't know Favro directed Iron Man 1 and 2, as well as Cowboys vs Aliens.

He's a solid director and defently an actors director. As long as he is given a good script he can do a great job.

Jon Favreau is a hit and miss.

There is no between for his track record, he either does really good or really terrible. So it could be risky.

I feel bad for you that you think JJ is good.

To be fair, JJ did a great job directing the Star Trek reboot. It's when he creates and writes that he's extremely hit or miss. Either his show is a bullseye, or it causes massive collateral damage while missing the intended target completely. lol

Star Trek and Lost are huge hits and were amazing...

Star Trek was a pretty good movie. I was never a Trek fan, but I thought it was well done. Lost started to drag on for a while, but it was a pretty good story. Locke was my favorite character.

As to the question. I'd like to see what Peter Jackson could do with epic battles and such, or Steven Spielberg and his familiarity with the franchise. Both are unlikely, but if they teamed up, that would be awesome, imo.

Star Trek was a pretty good movie. I was never a Trek fan, but I thought it was well done. Lost started to drag on for a while, but it was a pretty good story. Locke was my favorite character.

As to the question. I'd like to see what Peter Jackson could do with epic battles and such, or Steven Spielberg and his familiarity with the franchise. Both are unlikely, but if they teamed up, that would be awesome, imo.

Peter Jackson would have some epic battles in there, and quite probably a lot of walking....

Stephen Spielberg would have hair raising last second escapes and maybe a moral background story going on....

Joss Whedon is still my choice. :D

I feel bad for you that you think JJ is good.

I'm not ashamed of it, he's a good director.

Star Trek - Very good, even more so because I'm not a Trek fan at all

Mission Impossible 3 - The best of the series

Lost - Excellent but way too long

Super 8 - For the most part good

The stuff he acts as producer for is a little more hit or miss

Fringe - Excellent until last season

Cloverfield - Easily the best "found footage" film I've seen

Revolution - I'm still watching it but getting more and more annoyed with Charlie

Person of Interest - Lost interest midway through the first season

Alcatraz - Haven't watched it

You'd have a much harder time legitimately explaining why he's bad than I would explaining how he's good.

Team Spielburg and Abrams together (like in Super 8) and we'd have the potential for an excellent new Star Wars movie.

Edited by VicSkimmr

Peter Jackson would have some epic battles in there, and quite probably a lot of walking....

Stephen Spielberg would have hair raising last second escapes and maybe a moral background story going on....

Joss Whedon is still my choice. :D

lol yeah. Avengers was a very good movie so Joss Whedon might be the best choice. If they can't get Spielberg to do it though. I'd want Spielberg over anyone else. That's just my opinion as I am a big Spielberg fan.

lol yeah. Avengers was a very good movie so Joss Whedon might be the best choice. If they can't get Spielberg to do it though. I'd want Spielberg over anyone else. That's just my opinion as I am a big Spielberg fan.

It was a testament to Robert Downey Jr's acting ability that he was STILL able to upstage everyone else on the team in spite of Joss Whedon making everyone shine.

I like Spielberg a lot, but when was the last time he directed a sci-fi action movie? That's my only big concern, here.

I'm not ashamed of it, he's a good director.

Star Trek - Very good, even more so because I'm not a Trek fan at all

Mission Impossible 3 - The best of the series

Lost - Excellent but way too long

Super 8 - For the most part good

The stuff he acts as producer for is a little more hit or miss

Fringe - Excellent until last season

Cloverfield - Easily the best "found footage" film I've seen

Revolution - I'm still watching it but getting more and more annoyed with Charlie

Person of Interest - Lost interest midway through the first season

Alcatraz - Haven't watched it

You'd have a much harder time legitimately explaining why he's bad than I would explaining how he's good.

Team Spielburg and Abrams together (like in Super 8) and we'd have the potential for an excellent new Star Wars movie.

Person of Interest has actually gotten a lot better since the first season. In fact, I would recommend Jim Caviezel as Grand Admiral Thrawn. He's got the attitude down perfect as it is. Never loses his cool. :cool: