Which servers have the most players?

Balbosa

So I'm coming back to SWTOR after a few months off. My toons are on Jung Ma but I here the population there is very low. I'm thinking of just starting off fresh on the highest populated server. I prefer it be a US PvP one or if not, then a RP one.

From what I've seen the PvE Servers and RP ones have the most populations, the PvP ones seemed to have died down a bit when GW2 came out....

Now Bioware has said they are redoing World PvP for Jan 2013, so if they can pull something off thats both fun and addicting then the PvP servers might bounce back..

while it's true there was a slight decline noticable after the start of gw2 I think it's save to say pot5 is doing fine now with a stable population. right now (~2:50 pm est) there are about 140 people on the republic fleet. during the week-end there's usually +100 around that time of the day, and 2-3 hours later a second or third fleet open.

population on the sith fleet is slightly higher ;)

(then again you can't really go by the fleet population either, as many people are currently playing alts or are inside a warzone or flashpoint or operation, of course)

I'm on Jedi Covenant and it seems pretty packed. Was on yesterday day on Tat and there were 80 people (republic). At night got on my main (empire) and the fleet was in the hundreds. I think 2 phases or whatever you call them. So ever since the last server merger and release of lame GW2 and MoP, it doesn't seem like ToR took a hit. At least on Jedi Covenant.

The more interesting aspect of torstatus is to look at 60 day trend graphs for the servers.... even the weaklings (like Jung Ma) have been stable for more then a month now.

agreed. I think the most important part is that the server status has been stable population-wise. even with gw2 and mop releasing we seem to be having a good 'general player base' now. :)

(we in general, as I am not on jung ma... even though I think I have a lowbie char somewhere :D)

The Harbinger is definitely one of the biggest, but it's a PVE server. I'd say log in at different times of day and check to see which servers most often retain standard-heavy. Who knows what kind of effect the f2p launch will have, though.

Edit: Actually that Torstatus site is pretty cool :) Thanks for sharing.

Edited by chuixupu

I'm on Jedi Covenant and it seems pretty packed. Was on yesterday day on Tat and there were 80 people (republic). At night got on my main (empire) and the fleet was in the hundreds. I think 2 phases or whatever you call them. So ever since the last server merger and release of lame GW2 and MoP, it doesn't seem like ToR took a hit. At least on Jedi Covenant.

Have to second this (and torstatus.net seems to support it--it's the second on the list behind The Harbinger). I'm a West Coast player on this East Coast server, and even logging in during the day or late at night Pacific time, there seems to be an active and large population of players online, and from what I catch of Eastern prime times, population is booming.

The more interesting aspect of torstatus is to look at 60 day trend graphs for the servers.... even the weaklings (like Jung Ma) have been stable for more then a month now.

That's correct: we have stabilized at approximately the real audience size for this game as released - the people who are willing to pay to play SWTOR. I estimate it at about 350,000 active players across all regions, where "active player" means someone who logs in at least twice a week. I have no idea how many subscriptions are "parked" and I don't care.

How much this goes up when F2P launches remains to be seen. Where it settles afterwards depends on how they build the new community of players. Let's hope they build it well.

And the APAC servers, specifically MDN, are beyond dead.

ONCE in the past 2 months has our server been Standard. Every other day it has been Light.

Yet Bioware remain extremely tight lipped on our server consolidation while we lose more players daily to Harbinger/Bastion.