Legacy Datacrons

SpectralGhost

If you like your grinding so much, why are you here on the forums, go grind some more, and let the more civilized people talk here about suggestion they think would be a neat addition to the game.

NO ur just a lazy *** female teenager who only wants the easy way to get **** u deal with actually earn ur **** as one famous person said "YOU EARN IT!"

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like your grinding so much, why are you here on the forums, go grind some more, and let the more civilized people talk here about suggestion they think would be a neat addition to the game.

Who?

Btw, I can't grind cause my internet is **** and I can't play SWTOR on my pro-level gaming computer.......:(

So, I spend my time on the forums. But that's just me.

Who?

Btw, I can't grind cause my internet is **** and I can't play SWTOR on my pro-level gaming computer.......:(

So, I spend my time on the forums. But that's just me.

Same here thanks for nothing Bell, Rogers and Telus all these companies in Canada should Shut the *********** Hell up and allow americian ISPs here in Canada to make the internet a much better place.

Ok, legacy items...met to be "passed down items" things you can send to your alts. Datacrons handheld items that hold thoughts and memories, if I found one out in the mid of no where why would I not pick it up...and if I did, why would I not pass it on to my "family" in my legacy.

Well, blueside, you would normally recover all the datacrons you found and turn them over to the Republic government or the Jedi, who would set up a 'museum' of sorts where everyone could go and experience the wisdom of the datacrons (and get all the bonuses).

Redside, you'd probably snag it and cart it off for yourself, doing your best to keep it hidden from your master/superiors, farming out access to your friends and lackeys as a boon to show that you value them. Once a datacron was found, it would disappear into some vault and never be seen again.

You know the point is people don't like to do the datacrons, the jumping physics in the game is pretty bad and it it no fun to do them for alts. But if you enjoy it, then maybe it should be optional, so you can do it while others who just want the bonus can simply activate it in the legacy and can then do whatever they like to do with the game.

/signed

You know the point is people don't like to do the datacrons, the jumping physics in the game is pretty bad and it it no fun to do them for alts. But if you enjoy it, then maybe it should be optional, so you can do it while others who just want the bonus can simply activate it in the legacy and can then do whatever they like to do with the game.

They are optional.. If you don't want to get them, then don't.. Live without the stats.. That is optional..

Optional is not give them to all the people that are to lazy to get them and let the people that aren't lazy to have the option to get them.. Sorry.. But that is one lame suggestion..

How about all our gear is just given to us, and those that actually want to run ops and stuff to get them can.. That is what you are suggesting..

Sorry.. No.. You have the option to get them and the option to leave them.. If you want the stats, then you have only one option.. That is how it is and how it should remain.. :rolleyes:

Edited by MajikMyst

Sorry.. No.. You have the option to get them and the option to leave them.. If you want the stats, then you have only one option.. That is how it is and how it should remain.. :rolleyes:

Maybe you should stop using a fridge and computers and all the other things civilisation has today, since it seems you prefer to have no convinience at all and thing we should still live in caves and go out on hunt every day. I for my part think that chnage to make life easier is always a good thing, and games are there to be fun not work or something like that.

I like the idea of unlocking Datacrons to a legacy, make it so that they have to reach the level recommended for the planet, then visit the planet those datacrons are on, before they get the stat bonuses.

I say this because getting certain datacrons is boring, Tattooine for example, no difficulty just boredom, and even the gard to get ones, given enough time, we can all reach. So lets skip the laborious getting to them, and spend that time having FUN.

This is y end-game epic fails in my eyes because ******* like u who just are in it for the "Fun" no retard it's work and u have to earn ur **** so u have a feel of accomplishment.

Accomplishment? Is that also why you are so petty and try to insult me? Does that also gives you a feeling of accomplishment? Or that you don't like to share things with other people? I mean really, go play some challenging plattformers and let social people enjoy their social MMO, you are clearly wrong here!

Accomplishment? Is that also why you are so petty and try to insult me? Does that also gives you a feeling of accomplishment? Or that you don't like to share things with other people? I mean really, go play some challenging plattformers and let social people enjoy their social MMO, you are clearly wrong here!

Lawls looks like I struck a nerve boo who u have to do work oh think of that a kid/teen has to work for something deal with it noob.

Lawls looks like I struck a nerve boo who u have to do work oh think of that a kid/teen has to work for something deal with it noob.

The nerve you struck is pity. Yes, I have pity for you since you have no clue what real accomplishment is, so you try to get it with petty insults on the internet and with annoying tasks (not challenging ones) in games. Get a life!

Maybe you should stop using a fridge and computers and all the other things civilisation has today, since it seems you prefer to have no convinience at all and thing we should still live in caves and go out on hunt every day. I for my part think that chnage to make life easier is always a good thing, and games are there to be fun not work or something like that.

But you are not talking about convenience.. You are talking about gaining stats without doing the work to get them.. Sorry.. Your examples do not apply..

Change to make life easier is good.. Operative word being life.. Making videogames easier is not life.. Please do not mix the two.. If a videogame is to easy there is little point to play it.. This game in many regards is already to easy.. There is simply no reason to make datacrons legacy.. If people are to lazy to get them or feel they are to difficult to get, then they can live with out them.. It is that simple..

Should they just make all the Ops legacy?? Run it once and all your alts gets the gear from them as well automatically?? That is exactly what you are asking Bioware to do.. You want to be given stats for free and with no effort..

If you want the stats from the datacrons, then go get them.. Otherwise live without them.. You are going to have to run ops, flashpoints, and warzones on all your alts to gear them up as well.. That is called playing an MMO..

Playing an MMO is never work.. If it is, then it is time to stop playing them.. Making datacrons legacy is just plain wrong.. It is giving out stats that people have not earned.. The people that make an effort to collect them should have something to show for their time and effort.. They should have stats that the people that do not collect them do not have.. Nobody says you have to collect them.. But you are not entitled the stats they provide for free..

Nobody says you have to run ops.. But if you want the gear then you have to run the ops.. ;)

Edited by MajikMyst

But you are not talking about convenience.. You are talking about gaining stats without doing the work to get them.. Sorry.. Your examples do not apply..

Change to make life easier is good.. Operative word being life.. Making videogames easier is not life.. Please do not mix the two.. If a videogame is to easy there is little point to play it.. This game in many regards is already to easy.. There is simply no reason to make datacrons legacy.. If people are to lazy to get them or feel they are to difficult to get, then they can live with out them.. It is that simple..

Should they just make all the Ops legacy?? Run it once and all your alts gets the gear from them as well automatically?? That is exactly what you are asking Bioware to do.. You want to be given stats for free and with no effort..

If you want the stats from the datacrons, then go get them.. Otherwise live without them.. You are going to have to run ops, flashpoints, and warzones on all your alts to gear them up as well.. That is called playing an MMO.. :rolleyes:

So, you are telling me that for example people should in WoW still run Molten Core, because it was once part of the gearing up process, or that people should still go and grind first all the by now removed gear sets like Rakata before continueing?

I don't say people should get anything for free, but I also don't think they should run the datacrons for every single alt. If they got them once they showed they are capable of getting them and should allowed to open them up for credits in the legacy.

So, you are telling me that for example people should in WoW still run Molten Core, because it was once part of the gearing up process, or that people should still go and grind first all the by now removed gear sets like Rakata before continueing?

I don't say people should get anything for free, but I also don't think they should run the datacrons for every single alt. If they got them once they showed they are capable of getting them and should allowed to open them up for credits in the legacy.

I am telling you no such thing.. Getting the datacrons really isn't considered part of the gearing process.. I know a lot of people that don't have them and do just fine in PVP or Ops.. They are completely optional.. You can get them or leave them.. But there is no reasons to get them automatically without making the effort.. By making them legacy, you take away the accomplishment for those that did get them or want to get them.. That is simply wrong and nobody is so entitled to just make such a demand..

Again, your examples simply do not apply.. Nobody has to run EV or KP to gear their toons.. By the time they are 55, they will be over geared for that content anyways..

You are asking to get them for free.. No effort is free.. Credits is meaningless.. If you want the stats they provide, then go get the datacrons.. Otherwise live without the stats.. That is really the only correct option.. There simply is no argument otherwise.. Do not deny people the satisfaction in getting the datacrons on each character.. And don't hand me this, 'Well they can do if they want..' If you do then you are again missing the point.. The satisfaction in doing them is having something that not everyone does.. Making them legacy will mean that everyone will have them.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst

go play ur consoles noob at least u can do **** that is optional once their and have no issues with it other times.

Now I get it, it's your inferiority complex that gets you so worked up here. You cannot stand it that even girls are better than you in gaming, which is why you have to call everybody noob and be against all things that would bring just a little convinience to people. No, you have to prove yourself how great you are by putting everybody else with your petty insults down. Guess what, it doesn't work on me, I see through you, you are just a pityful excuse of a gamer that think his accomplishments in games mean anything.

Now I get it, it's your inferiority complex that gets you so worked up here. You cannot stand it that even girls are better than you in gaming, which is why you have to call everybody noob and be against all things that would bring just a little convinience to people. No, you have to prove yourself how great you are by putting everybody else with your petty insults down. Guess what, it doesn't work on me, I see through you, you are just a pityful excuse of a gamer that think his accomplishments in games mean anything.

Ryu is all over the forums.. Doing the same thing to everyone else.. Some people have on ignore.. I am guessing he is trying to see how long he can go before he is banned or something.. How about we work on not feeding the trolls.. :D

Edited by MajikMyst

I am telling you no such thing.. Getting the datacrons really isn't considered part of the gearing process.. I know a lot of people that don't have them and do just fine in PVP or Ops.. They are completely optional.. You can get them or leave them.. But there is no reasons to get them automatically without making the effort.. By making them legacy, you take away the accomplishment for those that did get them or want to get them.. That is simply wrong and nobody is so entitled to just make such a demand..

Again, your examples simply do not apply.. Nobody has to run EV or KP to gear their toons.. By the time they are 55, they will be over geared for that content anyways..

You are asking to get them for free.. No effort is free.. Credits is meaningless.. If you want the stats they provide, then go get the datacrons.. Otherwise live without the stats.. That is really the only correct option.. There simply is no argument otherwise.. Do not deny people the satisfaction in getting the datacrons on each character.. And don't hand me this, 'Well they can do if they want..' If you do then you are again missing the point.. The satisfaction in doing them is having something that not everyone does.. Making them legacy will mean that everyone will have them.. :)

You say the are optional, on which I agree, still you don't consider them convinient to have? I said, one has to prove that one is capable to get them and then one has to spend credits or cartel coins to open them up in the legacy. That doesn't mean it is no efford, just that it removes the grind, the effort is shown by doing them the first time, after them it is just grind. It's like with HK-51, you can do the quests with every single toon, or you can just buy him with your legacy, and that little optional thing is already in the game, so why exclude datacrons?

You say the are optional, on which I agree, still you don't consider them convinient to have? I said, one has to prove that one is capable to get them and then one has to spend credits or cartel coins to open them up in the legacy. That doesn't mean it is no efford, just that it removes the grind, the effort is shown by doing them the first time, after them it is just grind. It's like with HK-51, you can do the quests with every single toon, or you can just buy him with your legacy, and that little optional thing is already in the game, so why exclude datacrons?

The fact that they are optional is why they should never be legacy.. It isn't a matter of convenience.. If you want them on your character then you should make the effort to collect them.. On a per character basis..

HK-51 is a companion and does not offer stats.. Again, the example is meaningless.. Sorry..

It is no effort if a person is not going planet to planet collecting them.. That is all their is to it.. Collecting the datacrons are a side thing people could do while questing.. Again, completely optional.. But if you want them then you have to collect them.. That is all there is to it..

You are trying to justify gaining the stats without collecting the datacrons.. You simply can't do it.. There is no justification.. Running Ops, Warzones, and Flashpoints are the best examples.. You have to run them on a per character basis to gain their benefits.. Be it comms or actual gear.. None of that stuff is legacy, and shouldn't be.. Just like the datacrons..

I'm noticing that you're saying that the physics of jumping in the game are bad, but really what it more than likely amounts to is that you are just bad at them.

So why is it that I have absloutely no problem at all getting to each and every datacron that requires jumping on the first or second try every time these days? (oh sure, at first I wasn't very good at it but imo it requires a certain amount of technique and certain amount of mastery of that technique). It seems to me that if someone tries something and fails at it the first few tries they immediately decide that it's just bad design and could never be anything they themselves were doing wrong.

"Oh no!, its not me, it's the game/mechanic/design!!" :rolleyes:

If you want the stats from the datacrons, then go get them.. Otherwise live without them.. You are going to have to run ops, flashpoints, and warzones on all your alts to gear them up as well.. That is called playing an MMO..

Playing an MMO is never work.. If it is, then it is time to stop playing them.. Making datacrons legacy is just plain wrong.. It is giving out stats that people have not earned.. The people that make an effort to collect them should have something to show for their time and effort.. They should have stats that the people that do not collect them do not have.. Nobody says you have to collect them.. But you are not entitled the stats they provide for free..

Nobody says you have to run ops.. But if you want the gear then you have to run the ops..

Quoted for truth.

/agree :)

I'm noticing that you're saying that the physics of jumping in the game are bad, but really what it more than likely amounts to is that you are just bad at them.

So why is it that I have absloutely no problem at all getting to each and every datacron that requires jumping on the first or second try every time these days? (oh sure, at first I wasn't very good at it but imo it requires a certain amount of technique and certain amount of mastery of that technique). It seems to me that if someone tries something and fails at it the first few tries they immediately decide that it's just bad design and could never be anything they themselves were doing wrong.

I have every datacron on my main and on two of my alts, on the rest I didn't cared enough to do them all, I just took the easy once and ignored the ones with jumping to get them. Not, because it is challenging, I like chellenging, Guild Wars 2 has some challenging Vistas and jumping puzzles, but at least the jumping physics is not crap there (GW2 has other issues). What I try to say is that I know the difference between a challenge and just a crappy jumping physics, sure it is not too hard to figure out how the physics work and what one should avoid doing with it, still it is pretty crappy compared to every other MMO (which had jumping) that I ever played. Really, I could not name a single MMO with a worse jumping physics, and I played quite a few.

I have every datacron on my main and on two of my alts, on the rest I didn't cared enough to do them all, I just took the easy once and ignored the ones with jumping to get them. Not, because it is challenging, I like chellenging, Guild Wars 2 has some challenging Vistas and jumping puzzles, but at least the jumping physics is not crap there (GW2 has other issues). What I try to say is that I know the difference between a challenge and just a crappy jumping physics, sure it is not too hard to figure out how the physics work and what one should avoid doing with it, still it is pretty crappy compared to every other MMO (which had jumping) that I ever played. Really, I could not name a single MMO with a worse jumping physics, and I played quite a few.

This game really isn't bad when it comes to jumping.. I have certainly seen worse.. The biggest issue here is that people haven't seemed to master jumping forward from a standing position.. The physics of jumping in this game are really quite good all things considered.. What makes it tough is that in many cases the spaces in which we have to jump in are crowded.. Standing on the width of one pipe having to jump to the width of another pipe.. There just isn't a lot of room.. Running and jumping is not an option on so many different occasions..

Turning off sprint is also a big help that many people forget about.. Learning to control your jump and how far is the key.. I have also heard that the different body types can perform differently when jumping.. I don't know as I always use the same body types.. Type 2 for male and type 4 for female.. I have done them all on both.. Both seem to be about the same.. I did have a little bit of an easier time on my Shadow (Female type 4), but I am guessing that was because she wasn't the first character I did them with.. My Sentinel (Male type 2) was my first and the one I learned them on..

There are no doubts that some jumps are harder than others.. But once you learn the tricks, you should be good to go.. The single most helpful jump for the datacrons is the standing in one spot and jumping forward from that spot.. It makes those areas where there isn't a lot of room much easier..

I guess to sum all this up, people need to stop trying to jump in this game how other games jump.. Jumping here is nothing like jumping in WOW.. The physics are fine.. As soon as you stop trying to apply the physics from another game.. I know easier said than done.. But it really is a matter of getting used to how this game jumps.. :)

So, unsure if it's been made into an actual suggestion thread (couldn't find it if it has), but I know I've seen support for it around the forums in the past and thought it couldn't hurt to suggest it - Legacy Datacron unlocks.

Instead of having to gather all the Datacrons for every toon, why not make the Datacrons legacy unlocks so that when you gather it the first time, it's then unlocked across all your other characters. Exceptions would likely have to be made for ones that only Imperial or Republic characters have access to, but that doesn't seem like it should be a deal breaker in being able to implement such a system. It could be a higher legacy level only unlock (lvl 30-40?) or maybe a Cartel store purchase as a quality of life thing.

The Datacrons can be fun to grab the first time around, but having to do them multiple times starts losing out on the fun factor and just gets tedious - at least for me.;)

Achievement unlocks? Sure. Stat gains? No way. If you want the stat boosts, you should have to do the work to get them. What you are asking is basically the same as asking "I got one toon to 55, why can't I just roll a 55? questing is ok the first time but the second time it's such a bother!" It's non-sensical.

Besides, it's NOT a requirement. You can play the game just fine without getting the datacrons. You just have to decide how import they are to you.

Isn't this the way it is these days? It's so sad.

Somebody isn't good at something so they blame the game and not themselves. They can't do math so they blame the teacher. They can't drive so they blame the car.

Rather than trying to improve themselves they just want someone else to do it for them or change everything so it's now easy for them to do.

You know, I TOTALLY SUCK AT SPACE MISSIONS (among other things), but I've never once thought about coming here and making a huge QQ thread about it trying to make Bioware change the game to accommodate me cuz it's just so stupid. So what do I do? I suck it up and understand that it's just not something I'm good at and leave it at that and deal with the fact that I'll probably never have full space reputation status.

Also, since <10% of the Datacrons require stereotypical "platforming", who cares if you can't get them? You have all the others, right?