BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My commando seems pretty fine to me in PvP especially @7:45 min into the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZNFwpfsLC8:eek:

nice backpedaling bud.

and commando is fine for derping around in regs. ffs, i was destroying everything on PTS.

in RWZ tho, we are not so good. pretty bad in fact, when you compare what commando can do to any other DPS class

My commando seems pretty fine to me in PvP especially @7:45 min into the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZNFwpfsLC8:eek:

Umm..yeah, you really can't call yourself "fine" when one of the two you fought was apparently AFK, with just over 15K health, and the other had just over 14K health.

It's like having a highschooler beat up a 5th grader.

i can hang with the best classes on the server even the smashers... i mean whats so hard about kill'em before they kill you? they may hit that first smash but when they go for the force stasis/choke just cc break and knock'em back. not must sigularity got build and cleanse the force exhaustion. I'm just gonna PvP a little more on my mando and posts more vids. You may belittle other players i may defeat by calling them no hopes (and they were but they had my team 2 capp'd and time was ticking) but My commando makes healers disappear from the battle field pretty quick and hangs witht the best dps on my server. More vids coming.

nice backpedaling bud.

and commando is fine for derping around in regs. ffs, i was destroying everything on PTS.

in RWZ tho, we are not so good. pretty bad in fact, when you compare what commando can do to any other DPS class

And YES! if all i have to do is take 2 steps back to not get hit with the 3rd Ravage Hit YES! IM GOING TO BCKPEDAL! *** am i gonna do take the hit? I LOVE BACKPEDALS! THEY SAVE MY LIFE FROM TME TO TIME!

And YES! if all i have to do is take 2 steps back to not get hit with the 3rd Ravage Hit YES! IM GOING TO BCKPEDAL! *** am i gonna do take the hit? I LOVE BACKPEDALS! THEY SAVE MY LIFE FROM TME TO TIME!

Wait... you weren't being sarcastic about this video?

You were essentially getting destroyed by recruit geared terribads through most of it.

Please tell me you were being sarcastic :p

i can hang with the best classes on the server even the smashers... i mean whats so hard about kill'em before they kill you? they may hit that first smash but when they go for the force stasis/choke just cc break and knock'em back. not must sigularity got build and cleanse the force exhaustion. I'm just gonna PvP a little more on my mando and posts more vids. You may belittle other players i may defeat by calling them no hopes (and they were but they had my team 2 capp'd and time was ticking) but My commando makes healers disappear from the battle field pretty quick and hangs witht the best dps on my server. More vids coming.

Not sure if serious....

Cash is right. This IS why we can't have nice things.

i have a commando healer, i do pvp regularly.

i can feel clearly that it would be useless to respec him as dps because he wouldn't be effective at all. i stick to heals because i can do my job well (except when i am marked, as it becomes hard to survive, due maybe to the lack of control this class has..) and can enjoy this class..my other toons give me a completely different sensation in pvp and i don't think this is right..it's evident the lack of balance between this class and the others.

After reading the changes, I thought we would be in good shape. Guess I need to get my lazy arse on PTS and see for myself. Is it that our changes didnt help? Or that other class changes helped them even more?

Im looking forward to little things such as double-power-surge Concussion Missile + Rapid Scan. If they dont break it, you can heal, run, etc. If they DO break it, our Electro Net or Stun Dart will land for the full duration every time.

The difference was that people "almost" didnt even need a stun breaker vs a Merc. They would only need to possibly break an 8sec CC and that wasn't even a big deal anyways. Now, the stun breaker won't even help them because of the extra 2 or 3 options we have. It seems like it really changed that aspect of a 1 on 1.

Also opening with a snare seems huge.

Just so you know, that last strike of ravage will hit you up to 10m away. So backpedaling away from it won't get you out of range fast enough.

There is never a situation where backpedaling > running. L2strafe

Edited by cashogy_reborn

After reading the changes, I thought we would be in good shape. Guess I need to get my lazy arse on PTS and see for myself. Is it that our changes didnt help? Or that other class changes helped them even more?

Im looking forward to little things such as double-power-surge Concussion Missile + Rapid Scan. If they dont break it, you can heal, run, etc. If they DO break it, our Electro Net or Stun Dart will land for the full duration every time.

The difference was that people "almost" didnt even need a stun breaker vs a Merc. They would only need to possibly break an 8sec CC and that wasn't even a big deal anyways. Now, the stun breaker won't even help them because of the extra 2 or 3 options we have. It seems like it really changed that aspect of a 1 on 1.

Also opening with a snare seems huge.

I'm looking forward to seeing how all the changes synergize together - including changes to movement, alacrity, gear, bolster, etc. Still, given that the game now has an AC that can actually teleport (!!), a one-button escape maneuver like other classes have would have been a nice treat for Commandos. It's this whole business of blowing all your long cd's for a single one-off escape that bugs me. Also, not sure I like the idea of mixing the skill trees as an easy fix to the AC's utility deficit (i.e. the baseline kolto bomb)....although sometimes I feel that rolling up CM wholesale with Gunnery (with more generous ammo mgt) would give us one versatile and complete AC that could actually "turret" effectively.

You go east when your team has two nodes, they have three defenders at east, you die. You respawn, go back east when you still have two nodes, they still have three defenders east, you die again.

You go south when south finally has more than three-four attackers, but instead of staying and helping out you go back west which is not under attack and on the way west there is a call to help south. When south is about halfway capped you decide to go back south. When you get there, you start plunking a healer, which is not normally a bad thing, exceeeept when his teammates are capping south and you do nothing about it resulting in the node getting capped...

Not objective based, not situationally aware...

If half the regular posters in the commando/merc threads were in your shoes they could have won that match solo.

I don't need to see another vid from you for at least another year.

You go east when your team has two nodes, they have three defenders at east, you die. You respawn, go back east when you still have two nodes, they still have three defenders east, you die again.

You go south when south finally has more than three-four attackers, but instead of staying and helping out you go back west which is not under attack and on the way west there is a call to help south. When south is about halfway capped you decide to go back south. When you get there, you start plunking a healer, which is not normally a bad thing, exceeeept when his teammates are capping south and you do nothing about it resulting in the node getting capped...

Not objective based, not situationally aware...

If half the regular posters in the commando/merc threads were in your shoes they could have won that match solo.

I don't need to see another vid from you for at least another year.

I feel like you underestimated how bad that video shows him to be.

I tried to google where i should give 2 ****s about what you think of me and my gameplay. I mean by nature you humans turn the stupidest things into big deals. And i could go on but unlike you all on the thread im not here to rant and cry. I dont see any of you posting videos on how the class is really done to teach others how to do it correctly. But what i do see is a bunch of cry babies whining about a class mot being up to par on other classes. You don't appreciate what the class offers yet you still play the class. That right there lets me know how impulsive and judgemental you all are. Post videos oh great ones on how good the class can be played atm so the "noobs" like myself can play better. See you can execute but you can't teach, I hope you don't have kids because you guys are all the trouble this world needs. And i never boasted about anything. I just said i think i do fine with the class. Fine as in ok, not great. Great would be boasting, Stay in school. Show better or shut up. Your not on my server. You dont know the regulars or the pvp'ers who win warzones. You don't know so that makes you ignorant. When the video started the imps had 2 capped. I went east because the 4 pug guys could not handle the imps at south. Bad imps even worse pubworses. I got to east and got raped by 4 (count it...4) imps and while i was getting attacked by the 4 imps what was happening? South got cappd because the imps over commited for 1 commando. I didnt keep going south because if we couldnt handle south in the beginning when it got capped by the imps what makes you think it could have been held? While my team was 2 people down because of 1 guarding west and me giving free kills at east the imps were always extra players short at south because of me. The no objective guy. And at the end it payed off because i capped east and the pubs won that match. Bad gameplay? So be it. My team won the match. Class dismissed.

I tried to google where i should give 2 ****s about what you think of me and my gameplay. I mean by nature you humans turn the stupidest things into big deals. And i could go on but unlike you all on the thread im not here to rant and cry. I dont see any of you posting videos on how the class is really done to teach others how to do it correctly. But what i do see is a bunch of cry babies whining about a class mot being up to par on other classes. You don't appreciate what the class offers yet you still play the class. That right there lets me know how impulsive and judgemental you all are. Post videos oh great ones on how good the class can be played atm so the "noobs" like myself can play better. See you can execute but you can't teach, I hope you don't have kids because you guys are all the trouble this world needs. And i never boasted about anything. I just said i think i do fine with the class. Fine as in ok, not great. Great would be boasting, Stay in school. Show better or shut up. Your not on my server. You dont know the regulars or the pvp'ers who win warzones. You don't know so that makes you ignorant. When the video started the imps had 2 capped. I went east because the 4 pug guys could not handle the imps at south. Bad imps even worse pubworses. I got to east and got raped by 4 (count it...4) imps and while i was getting attacked by the 4 imps what was happening? South got cappd because the imps over commited for 1 commando. I didnt keep going south because if we couldnt handle south in the beginning when it got capped by the imps what makes you think it could have been held? While my team was 2 people down because of 1 guarding west and me giving free kills at east the imps were always extra players short at south because of me. The no objective guy. And at the end it payed off because i capped east and the pubs won that match. Bad gameplay? So be it. My team won the match. Class dismissed.

I prefer Jherad's videos. He has what should be his most recent one in his signature.

As for my critique of the video, you stated that you felt that we were "fine", and you were boasting at this, and used a time index of the video. That time index showed you killing and AFKer in recruit gear, which anyone should have been able to do, and then another player in recruit. Neither is a good example of what "fine" is or should be.

Edited by DariusCalera

As for my critique of the video, you stated that you felt that we were "fine", and you were boasting at this...
^ This is my only issue also. That's why you're getting the reaction that you're getting, RayGonJinn. Edited by klham

^ This is my only issue also. That's why you're getting the reaction that you're getting, RayGonJinn.

That's no excuse to ever give someone a response that I was getting. You all are nothing but executioners, quick to see whats wrong with a player, his play style, tactics. Not the fact that the end result was good. You only see what's wrong with something and thats why this threads pages are @ 155 pages long and nothing has changed for the class because you all are irrational and impulsive. You can't trust the words of biased people and that's why this thread hasn't impacted the Class at all or any of the Devs decisions on improving the class. And for the attack on the "AFK'er" #1 its not my fault he was afk. #2 He was an extra body that could've been in my way when capping so i got rid of him. #3 I posted the time to go to for the vid not to boast. It was to not waste to much of your time to get you to see how my survivablitly was against 2 attackers. And after the cap I was attacked by 2 attackers. Just that time it wasn't a sacrifice of my HP i actually gave them a fight unlike the last 2-3 attempts at east. No boasting at all it was to show that if i lasted that long against them actauly using my cool downs and fighting back I think my commando is fine. But you all are blind executioners. I don't take likely to bullying via real life or web and if you were in my face I'd more than likely slap your lips off your face then ask you "Are you going to do something or sit at you pc and bleed?" Respond to that. Now like I said "Oh Great One" if the job can be done better than show it. Either SHOW IT or SHUT UP!

And for the attack on the "AFK'er" #1 its not my fault he was afk. #2 He was an extra body that could've been in my way when capping so i got rid of him. #3 I posted the time to go to for the vid not to boast. It was to not waste to much of your time to get you to see how my survivability was against 2 attackers.

1: Never said it was your fault. Anyone that goes AFK in a WZ deserves to get stomped.

2: Wasn't taking issue with you killing him, I would have done the same.

3: The time in your vid shows your your survivability against 1 attacker who was in recruit gear while you, I am guessing were in fully augmented WH with a few EWH pieces. You SHOULD have been able to defeat him/her. Posting a video of you doing so is not demonstrating how well the class does, or does not do, under pressure. It's why I take issue with it being used as a demonstration on commandos being fine.

If you are going to post videos demonstrating how the class plays, they need to be videos of you against equally geared opponents and not under geared ones. If that had been you demonstrating that you had taken down 2 WH/EWH geared Maras then I would not have said a thing.

That's no excuse to ever give someone a response that I was getting. You all are nothing but executioners, quick to see whats wrong with a player, his play style, tactics. Not the fact that the end result was good. You only see what's wrong with something and thats why this threads pages are @ 155 pages long and nothing has changed for the class because you all are irrational and impulsive. You can't trust the words of biased people and that's why this thread hasn't impacted the Class at all or any of the Devs decisions on improving the class. And for the attack on the "AFK'er" #1 its not my fault he was afk. #2 He was an extra body that could've been in my way when capping so i got rid of him. #3 I posted the time to go to for the vid not to boast. It was to not waste to much of your time to get you to see how my survivablitly was against 2 attackers. And after the cap I was attacked by 2 attackers. Just that time it wasn't a sacrifice of my HP i actually gave them a fight unlike the last 2-3 attempts at east. No boasting at all it was to show that if i lasted that long against them actauly using my cool downs and fighting back I think my commando is fine. But you all are blind executioners. I don't take likely to bullying via real life or web and if you were in my face I'd more than likely slap your lips off your face then ask you "Are you going to do something or sit at you pc and bleed?" Respond to that. Now like I said "Oh Great One" if the job can be done better than show it. Either SHOW IT or SHUT UP!

I thank you for your attempt at feedback.

I also understand your anger.

Anyway, let's try not to make this personal. It may have become personal after the feedback to your PVP videos, but the overarching content and efforts of this thread really doesn't need to be derailed. Lines we're crosssed, tempers were triggered, let's forget about all that. After all, the Mercenary community's patience has worn down to the point where we have pitchforks.

I understand where you're coming from. If you want to understand where the majority of the Mercenary/commando community is coming from, then you'll have to relax a bit.

Anyway, my anger isn't with you. Nor is the Mercenary/Commando community. it's with the developers.

lots of angry words.

I offer my own videos as an example of a bit better gameplay then running into groups solo and then respawning, but other then that i +1 for perrins post above this one. We are all so frustrated with this class inability to perform on a equal level so everytime a newcomer arrives with newbie (not noobie, big difference here) it kinda annoys the old veterans because we already know, and have known for months that the newbies sudden insight actually aint right at all. Take that as you wish but we aint stupid, we as a community aint wrong.

Every other player from any other class agrees that mercs/commandos ~ are weak, very weak.