BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

It's not even the fire skills, per se, that make the PT so much better with pyro (although they don't hurt ofc.). Rather, it's the fact that their Rail reset comes from instant cast skills with little or no cooldown. If mercs could fish for Rail procs every 6-9 seconds with Unload/ Powershot as instant cast abilities (while keeping their damage), I'd wager we'd be on par with, if not way more powerful than PTs with the pyro tree.

I don't really like merc having the pyro tree at all. Also it seems like bioware isn't gonna do anything with merc, its been over a week since the last pts notes.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really like merc having the pyro tree at all. Also it seems like bioware isn't gonna do anything with merc, its been over a week since the last pts notes.

Prior to the TD and CGC changes, the spec wasn't bad to play, and I actually thought the team was heading in the right direction. I'd hoped they'd have at least listened to and implemented the suggested CD reductions on TSO, Power Surge, and EN. I hope they have other changes planned, but I'm not sure.

I'm also not sure why they would roll out the TD and CGC changes if those are only part of the overall package of changes they plan to implement. I think it might have been better had they tested and then patched in all of their proposed changes at once.

I'm somewhat hopeful that they still have some improvements they haven't implemented yet as Eric Musco's post implied that there were still some changes being tested. But, as you can see from these boards, most of us aren't holding out much hope for the quality of these changes.

Edited by Phrase

it doesnt matter if you didnt like it. it is the best PvP spec for Merc until 2.0 comes out. the its getting nerfed (unless things change)

Says Power Barrels is increasing the dmg to thermal det though

So what would you guys say would be the "Op" classes/specs in 2.0. I need to know what I need to start focusing

This is what I have been hearing

VG - Tactics

Merc - Arsenal

Guard - Vigilance

Mara - Carnage

Snipers - MM

and thats about it. other then all the hybrid classes are also dead.

Says Power Barrels is increasing the dmg to thermal det though

So what would you guys say would be the "Op" classes/specs in 2.0. I need to know what I need to start focusing

This is what I have been hearing

VG - Tactics

Merc - Arsenal

Guard - Vigilance

Mara - Carnage

Snipers - MM

and thats about it. other then all the hybrid classes are also dead.

It'll be a cold day on Mustafar before we'll ever see tactics as overpowered. Snipers and Marauders definitely.

So Assault will still be the go to spec in 2.0?

Entirely dependent on what further changes they make. However if the only additional changes are Merc general ones (i.e. no specific buffs to Pyro/Assault), then Arsenal/Gunnery will clearly be perferred to Pyro/Assault.

the only classes the people are considering to be OP are sniper and still mara and jugg.

For dps classes. There are still other healing and tank classes that are viable in 2.0.

My sniper will be 50 by 2.0 =X

same. 45 right now, about halfway to 46. maybe next weekened i will get it, havent had a lot of time to play more than an hour or two at a time.

i think we might see a new PTS build this week. my hopes are not too high for what they will change though. they will probably just give us more back-handed buffs.

I already have a 50 slinger from way back. Right now I'm leveling an operative to kill all the bad rerolls :p

lol. ive had my sniper since like january 2012, but i am not a fan of leveling. if a patch comes out tomorrow and it fixes Merc (unlikely but who knows?) i will abandon leveling it even tho im so close to 50

same. 45 right now, about halfway to 46. maybe next weekened i will get it, havent had a lot of time to play more than an hour or two at a time.

i think we might see a new PTS build this week. my hopes are not too high for what they will change though. they will probably just give us more back-handed buffs.

My guild wants to break into Imp raiding anyway just for a changeup from time to time so I'll have a ranged DPS to bring to that, so really for me it's win-win.

Why no I DIDN'T make a merc. Why do you ask?

Sure, they can do well in the 10-49 bracket, but that's irrelevant.

Are, so you are one of those people ruining under50 PvP ? Because if the developers will listen to you, then they'd decide that 10-49 PvP can actually be be dismissed, because it simply "is not relevant".

I already have a hard time in u50 PvP - and I don't like it.

And THEN over50 players come and say that THEIR games is the most important one. Not that of these ... these ... "newbie things" ...

Are, so you are one of those people ruining under50 PvP ? Because if the developers will listen to you, then they'd decide that 10-49 PvP can actually be be dismissed, because it simply "is not relevant".

I already have a hard time in u50 PvP - and I don't like it.

And THEN over50 players come and say that THEIR games is the most important one. Not that of these ... these ... "newbie things" ...

Under 50 PVP isn't important. At all. It's already pretty imbalanced with some people having access to a good chunk of their skill trees facing people with like 1 point in their skill tree (not always, but level 10s and level 49s both PVP). Trying to balance lowbie warzones is a waste of developer time.

Under 50 PVP isn't important. At all. It's already pretty imbalanced with some people having access to a good chunk of their skill trees facing people with like 1 point in their skill tree (not always, but level 10s and level 49s both PVP). Trying to balance lowbie warzones is a waste of developer time.

I agree wholeheartedly! There are 2 things I absolutely loathe about SWTOR PvP, Voidstar and lowbie bracket. (I leave VS in lowbie bracket)

Besides I need them to change my Champion Eliminator Helmet back to what it was pre 1.2. Now it has the PvE look to it and I hate it.

Isn't it always?

Taking odds now on whether there will be NO changes from current PTS build when 2.0 launches, as well as odds on there being changes, but all of them being negative.

odds on no changes: 3:1

odds on Merc/Mando changes: 1000:1

odds on Merc/Mando changes actually making the class viable: 3720:1 :cool: