Dodge usage

Aerilas

Hey there, I'm looking to improve my usage of Dodge a little more, though i use it quite well already.

just looking for more situations

1. Ravage/Master Strike. I am getting the hang of popping dodge before even the 2nd hit hits me, I just let the maras/juggs hit me and i dodge it, while i get to go crazy in heals/dps during their attack.

2. Snipers. oh **** snipers, the moment i see a marker on me i pop dodge if im in an open area, with no way to LoS at that moment

Those are actually my most common uses.

Apart form that i use it when im nearly dead. it does help to survive

Anyone else have situations where they use it?

Hmm, I never use it tbh. I didn't think it did anything outside PvE because it only protects against ranged and Melee attacks. It sounds silly, but all special attacks are either Force, or Tech are they not? If it actually does work then I have been missing out it seems.

ravage and ambush are the biggies, as much because you get more of a warning before the big hit, also works on series of shots/speed shot and full auto/unload, and so long as youre targetting the caster theyre pretty easy to get a good benefit from. also sos/ss is often used just after ambush, so if somebody who isnt paying attention whiffs ambush/aimed shot theyll often waste sos/ss as well. also im always surprised by how many pts/vans will use ralshot/HiB while dodge is up. trick is to watch for the proc. for pyro/asault there's the chuckle, also theyll get a buff that shares an icon with shoot first, for ap/tactics a sort of high pitched harpoon and an icon of a blue head with a bit of red. the fanciest thing to use it for is executes. against a shadow/assassin ill often pop it once i hit 30%, same for snipe/slingers and warrior/knights, though there have to be careful not to then not have it and need it for ravage or something.

Priorities:

1. When you're at <30% and facing a class with an execute

2. To Dodge a Master Strike/Ravage (if they don't cancel it turns it into a 3 second stun for you basically)

3. To Dodge a Railshot.

4. To clear up any crap you have on you before hitting vanish.

5. Right after a Cleanse to re-cleanse a Pyro's DoT (really ****s with their energy and burst to do that first-thing and get the Dodge cooldown going, but you can also just straight-up dodge the Railshot instead)

6. To clear a Sorc DoT if they get all their buffs going on you, since that crap can hurt and you can't cleanse it normally.

7. To clear up a Sniper's root if your cleanse didn't do it for some reason (this has happened to me way too often, don't know if it's a bug or what)

That's really all I can think of off-hand, but I'm sure there's some other lower-priority usages.

Priorities:

4. To clear up any crap you have on you before hitting vanish.

5. Right after a Cleanse to re-cleanse a Pyro's DoT (really ****s with their energy and burst to do that first-thing and get the Dodge cooldown going, but you can also just straight-up dodge the Railshot instead)

6. To clear a Sorc DoT if they get all their buffs going on you, since that crap can hurt and you can't cleanse it normally.

They removed the cleansing skill perk didn't they?? last i check DOTS remained on your self even if you used dodge..

"Lucky Dodge", a passive you get at level 24, turns dodge into a cleanse-all.

ah ok, its a passive skill! I cant tell you how much time i spent scouring the skill tree's trying to find the skill text that cleansed one self. I could've sworn there was crap being purged from my toon on usage but i could never find the confirmation! thanks.

Edited by kobizzle

It's passive skill and it does remove all cleansable debuffs but it's tricky to use vs say pyro dots with a projectile delay.

Because you can pop vanish than dodge to remove all dots but their dots can land 0.1 second after you self cleansed because the delay which will dot you and will kick you back out of stealth.

It's passive skill and it does remove all cleansable debuffs but it's tricky to use vs say pyro dots with a projectile delay.

Because you can pop vanish than dodge to remove all dots but their dots can land 0.1 second after you self cleansed because the delay which will dot you and will kick you back out of stealth.

I think its the detonator or dart being stuck that will do it afterwards as it stays stuck. Noticed that last night.

I think its the detonator or dart being stuck that will do it afterwards as it stays stuck. Noticed that last night.

Highly likely tbh.

Stealth skills have never removed timed grenades.

Thing is pyro used to have two timed grenades on one cooldown, one aoe and one single target.

A recent patch unlocked that so two grenades can be used at once.

So whenever I see a stealth class that's been acting hit and run during the game I load them up with grenades then hit them enough to make them cloak.

Fairs fair after all, they get first hit on me I get last hit on them.

Yep, if you've got the beeping timebomb on you, not even dodge will cleanse it. And if you've been in stealth longer than a second or so, it'ill blow up and pop you out of stealth (just entering stealth seems to give you a moment's grace where damage won't break it).

One thing you can do, if it's off cd, is pop Defence Screen (may have to do before entering stealth, can't remember if triggering it breaks stealth itself off the top of my head). But it's usually enough to soak the damage so you don't lose stealth when the bomb goes off.

Then you go back and Shoot First on the bounty hunter when he least wants it.

Edited by Wainamoinen

Yep, if you've got the beeping timebomb on you, not even dodge will cleanse it. And if you've been in stealth longer than a second or so, it'ill blow up and pop you out of stealth (just entering stealth seems to give you a moment's grace where damage won't break it).

One thing you can do, if it's off cd, is pop Defence Screen (may have to do before entering stealth, can't remember if triggering it breaks stealth itself off the top of my head). But it's usually enough to soak the damage so you don't lose stealth when the bomb goes off.

Then you go back and Shoot First on the bounty hunter when he least wants it.

You're safe about halfway down the duration of the sticky bomb. As in, watch the buff, note the little timeout line that travels down it, and when it's about halfway down the debuff icon or a little further, it's safe to stealth. Obviously waiting 'til about a second before it explodes is more ideal to ensure you don't get popped out of stealth, sometimes you need to restealth ASAP, so there you go, watch the icon.

Alternatively, for DoTs that were applied just after you stealthed, hit your Defense Screen (which doesn't break stealth) and it will absorb several ticks of the DoT, keeping you stealthed so long as the bubble is up.