Imbalance pvp

sirullrich

Everyday I read atleast 1-2 new threads about IMBALANCE PVP! Today's one says people with 1500+ expertise should play in there own bracket of PVP. I finally hit full WH gear with my sorc healer and it gives me 1370 expertise. So I guess the problem is never going to be solved because nobody has 1500+ expertise.

Before I write anymore I was one of those noobs who didn't save comms. So when I hit 50 I had full recruit gear with nooooooo other gear. No BM, WH, and NO elite WH. My 13k hp sorc healer got crushed first week of being 50. I asked people for help on what to do and the SWTOR community helped. I just asked people if they wanted to play with me and people did. Not only random pugs, but good guilds played with me (one inc grass, i am legend, and onslaught). I held my own even with recruit gear and after my 1st week I finally got BM gear. Made some friends to pvp with and was in a guild. It takes one week to get bm from straight recruit gear. I've done it and it is possible.

I just want to tell all of you new 50's it just takes time to gear. Please make some friends and get them to play with you or join a guild. This game is an MMO which stands for massive MULTIPLAYER online and key word is multiplayer. It is meant to be played with other people. If it is there for you to use it probably is wise to just do that. If you don't use all of the available functions of the game and say its unfair you are fooling yourself. Use the tools available to you and put some time in it. Yes it is frustrating to get stomped, but when you get your gear you will be that much more appreciative.

Just a heads up, healing (especially sorc/sage healing) is probably the least gear dependent role to be playing in warzones. When I feel like a little more of a challenge, I hop on my sage and do 300-400k healing regularly in all recruit gear with BM mainhand and chestpiece. No grouping, just PUGs. Try going into a warzone in recruit on a tank and you'll understand where people are coming from.

I don't see it as a significant hurdle to overcome, but melee are definitely worse off in bad gear. I still agree with your overall point, but know that you had it very easy compared to some classes.

IMO 1200+ expertise is past the Soft DR and worthless. Take your crytals out,, swtich to power. Take the armor plates out of 2 peices of gear and replace them with BH or Campaign. This will bring you to 1188-1200 or so expertise. There is only a 2% diff in damage and reduction between 1200-1330.

The plus 82 to power from the crystals, the plus 60 to main stat and 20 to enduracne you get for swapping the plates, far over shadows the loss of 2% expertise buff.

I did this some time ago and have seen HUGE gains in output and survivability.

Currently I am on the road to Min/Max. Basically Im wearing almost 3 sets of WH gear with complete mainstat augments, the two PVE plates and running a Rakatta Fortitude stim.

Well, all the guilds on my server are all elitist and only let non-puggers in.

Rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

If i remember correctly from another post you are on Shadowlands, if so ask the Dark Jesters they pvp alot and don't have any requirements other than having a good attitude.

At the end of the day the perceived imbalance generally comes heavily by virtue of people solo queuing, making their odds of having a solid 4 man team reduced (given that there are only 4 slots open for the solo queuers as opposed to 8 slots for an all solo queue team, this means for example if there is one premade and two groups of the same faction you are twice as likely to end up on the solo queue team, which most likely will not be as effective, and thus have a tough go of it if the opposite team does have a group running.

That said, because there's not a massive number of active warzones at a time, generally speaking the ebb and flow of which faction has a significant leg up is dictated by a few specific guilds on each server and the times they are active.

I know on Ebon Hawk if you logged on 4:00 or 5:00 server time you will probably find the Republic dominating, bump that forward two hours and often the edge shifts around to the imperial side, another few hours and republic once again. There's some cross hatching but by and large each side tends to have a significant edge in 2-3 hoursish pockets of time.

Depending on when you play the same server could seem to have a radically different faction advantage.

• 2 weeks later...
Just a heads up, healing (especially sorc/sage healing) is probably the least gear dependent role to be playing in warzones. When I feel like a little more of a challenge, I hop on my sage and do 300-400k healing regularly in all recruit gear with BM mainhand and chestpiece. No grouping, just PUGs. Try going into a warzone in recruit on a tank and you'll understand where people are coming from.

I don't see it as a significant hurdle to overcome, but melee are definitely worse off in bad gear. I still agree with your overall point, but know that you had it very easy compared to some classes.

Yeah lack of Expertise wasn't as apparent a problem on my Sniper as it was on my Sentinel. On my Sniper I used Campaign/BH gear (because I started to pvp after doing a lot of operations) until I got Battlemaster. I could regularly do 300-400k damage and I was mostly left alone, which meant I even got unbeatable and such.

On my Sentinel, however, which had to endure the 7k crits from multiple Smashes, the first week was not so enjoyable. Recruit gear felt like as if I had nothing on. Now I have augmented BM with some WH pieces on him and the situation is somewhat rosier. I still tend to avoid smashers, though, when possible.