Act 3 Closing Bugged out for Bounty Hunter

Hench

This is typical "project" management. One team delivers content, with tons of bugs, it ships to the customer. The other team is responsible for fixing it. We'll constantly see crap like this until someone at EA/Bioware decides that the dev team need to put out working content.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I got hit with this bug too the other day. I'm wondering what this prevents us from doing exactly. I know we can't finish the class story and some of the Ilum dailies, but does it affect what flashpoints we can do or anything like that?

So what you said there is different to what i said how? Fixing a bug for a quest is far different than assigning art assets/animation assets etc. As a project manger you will know that a certain amount of development time following a product launch is spent in a bug fixing phase. We have had what, one patch and a few hot fixes? Please?! With the size of the team on this project more should and is expected.

Also for you reference it is pretty much what I do for a living too.

Want to enlighten me as to exactly how many developers are working on this game at this very moment? You seem to know this.

It's been in development for five years. I expected better polish. They've known about this bug since September and did nothing.

Queue the outrage at spending $150 + $15 a month and not getting a working game.

Diablo 3 in dev for 11 years.

If you're telling me all the extra goodies you got with the CE are absolutely worthless, and you paid $150 JUST for the game, then I've got some snake oil that I need to sell you.

Another reason why pure dark side as a BH is stupid. (actually if you take a long term view, MOST of the dark side choices are just stupid and do not benefit the empire or yourself.)

I've been neutral almost all the way to 50, just barely LS now. It's not just the DS choice that's bugged the neutral leaves you with no Ilum quests as well.

Guess I'll level another character till this is fixed :confused:.

Signed,

Another Stuck Bounty Hunter.

Edited by Airishok

I honestly can't believe this kind of bug made it into live.

And no, picking all light side choices isn't a viable workaround for people who want to make DS choices on their characters.

And another no, bugs like this don't make it into other MMOs all the time. The endgame is completely broken for an entire class/alignment right now and cannot progress. We're not talking about a weapon having a mismatched tooltip or something, bugs of this caliber are a huge deal and finding/fixing them should have been their highest priority before live.

Edited by Rimbaldo

I wasn't even aware this was a bug until a guildy told me about the ilum dailies...

how did bioware let this slip? I'm in love with this game but come on, was there no BH class line bug testing in beta?

I've been 50 for a while now, and been missing out on the dailies!

Hi everyone, we understand your frustrations with this issue and, as I mentioned before, this is a high priority issue for our dev team and fix will be coming soon. Our hope is for this to be resolved for next week's maintenance, but we can't give a definitive time. Thank you for your patience in this.

EDIT: While you may follow the steps below, we definitely want players to choose their own path in their saga. Please rest assured that no matter what choice you make for your character, this issue will be resolved soon.

In the meantime, the current workaround is a preventative measure: In order to prevent this issue, players must look at every conversation option with Darth Tomen and always pick the one that shows they will get light side points in order to ensure mission progress.

You'r guys arent even able to reset a quest step, so i can FINISH MY QUESTLINE!! Can't belive this... ALL guys playing BH on darkside are so damn angry now. For me personally, i want 30days gametime back, and i guess many others would agree on that! START FIX THIS gosh darnIT.

Umm i just killed the jedi master jun or whatever, I would like to know why the heck would you even kill darth tormen? I know its a spoiler and all. Also, did the devs mean that when im speaking to the chancellor do i have to choose the light side to pass or do they meant every past choice with darth tormen.

Well we lose about 10 daily commendations and about 100k credits daily for not being able to do these daily quests.

So I assume they will compensate all BH with this bug from when they hit lvl 50.

Anything else would be really bad since it means you have one main class being way less geared than the other 3 and that would create imbalance in this tier at least.

Compensating would mean the playing field is level again.

Well we lose about 10 daily commendations and about 100k credits daily for not being able to do these daily quests.

So I assume they will compensate all BH with this bug from when they hit lvl 50.

Anything else would be really bad since it means you have one main class being way less geared than the other 3 and that would create imbalance in this tier at least.

Compensating would mean the playing field is level again.

They wont compensate us.

This is EA/Bioware. Have you seen their CS ingame? It's dreadful.

Besides, if they gave us compensation for 14 days (approx.) inability to do dailies/get commendations that would give every bugged BH 1,400,000 credits and 140 commendations. They aren't going to do that. Be happy if you get 1 credit.

Edited by Cranberries

So I got hit with this bug too the other day. I'm wondering what this prevents us from doing exactly. I know we can't finish the class story and some of the Ilum dailies, but does it affect what flashpoints we can do or anything like that?

You don't get the quest lines in Ilum which pretty much give you starter end game gear.

I ran D7 and I think you can also run Battle of Ilum but you need to go there.