One freakin' quickslot bar?!?!

mechaobie

COME ON!!

I'm all for being able to pay a la carte for content. I'm happy to pay for convenience but make the freakin' game playable for goodness sake.

GASP!

You mean if people just don't pay a few bucks to unlock all 4 bars or just say a sub for EVERYTHING, F2P'ers will get the default toolbar we all got at the launch of TOR???? :eek::rolleyes:

Edited by Eillack

Shock! :eek:

Horror!

There are 4 quick slot bars the position of which is fully configurable in the UI Editor.

Yes the default is for only one to show.

Yes you can actually switch between them using predefined keys.

Yes if you want them all visible then you'll need to put in some effort.

Oh and you can remap the keys as well, and change what they display all by using the preferences menu.

Nope, currently on the PTS one cannot activate more than 1 quickbar as a free to play member.

I must admit, I'm all for limiting the "convenience" items for F2Pers but quickslots are more a neccesity! I can't believe that people will make do with just 1 given the number of skills and items we carry - some will pay but I imagine a lot will rage quit too - I've seen people quite Lotro for a lot less!

I must admit, I'm all for limiting the "convenience" items for F2Pers but quickslots are more a neccesity! I can't believe that people will make do with just 1 given the number of skills and items we carry - some will pay but I imagine a lot will rage quit too - I've seen people quite Lotro for a lot less!

It's going to be 2 quickbars , plus 5 WZ's per week , 3 days bound cartel market items for F2P and 2 days for subs. They are now crying about wanting 4 on the PTS forum too , which is silly.Guess approx. how much those 2 extra quickbars will be ? About $1.40 , it breaks the bank.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I'm just worried that all the people who are eyeing F2P are going to be disappointed with how limited they are in comparrison to the real game. I'm all for limiting them to make them want to think about buying a sub, but I dont want people to get so frustrated that they just rage quit, and lets be honest people rage quit for the stupidist sh*t.

I'm definitely keeping my sub once this hits so long as I have money in the bank, and I want this game to succeed, I'm just nervous that all these people looking for a F2P return are going to come in and just be shocked at how limited they really are.

Guildwars 2 is still $60 bucks! They will be able to download SWTOR for FREE.... and they could likely spend half of the cost of GW2 to unlock everything they could possible need...

Some people should think before jumping to conclusions.

I paid over 60 bucks for SWTOR at release.

I've also paid over 60 bucks in subscription fees since release.

Now F2P hits, and all I can do is get the game 'working' with my 'free' coins, and not being able to play at all? And sorry, lvl50 story is not even worth mentioning. There's nothing for me there.

Bottom line is: GW2 is truly FREE, SWTOR is a MONEYMILKINGCOW.

Choose. If this is truly how BW will go forwards with the F2P model, I will choose GW2.

COME ON!!

I'm all for being able to pay a la carte for content. I'm happy to pay for convenience but make the freakin' game playable for goodness sake.

They have already announced some changes .

DamionSchubert

10.25.2012 , 01:01 PM | #1

We've been observing PTS closely over the last few days. In that time, we have generally been very pleased with how well the build has been performing, as well as overall reaction to the build both on the boards and in-game. That being said, based on community and internal feedback here and further deliberation, we will in short order make the following changes to the Free to Play restrictions:

•Free-to-Play players will now get a second quickslot bar.

•Free-to-Play players will now be able to do 5 Warzones per week instead of 3.

•The Cartel Coin item lock (i.e. temporary bind) will be reduced to 3 days for Free-to-Play players, and 2 days for subscribers.

We've found some crucial bugs that needed stomping, which is good. These changes will make their way to you probably early next week.

There are a couple of key concepts that should be kept in mind as you review free to play changes. The first is that, to be honest, all of you are looking at a gameplay mode that you will likely never see. Subscribers who choose to cancel their account will typically revert to something that we refer to as preferred status. My fellow designer Nathan Emmott has a post up describing the ins and outs of Preferred Status. Originally, the second quickslot bar was part of preferred status, but this morning based on feedback here and what they were seeing in the community we decided to give it to everyone.

The second is Warzones. Perhaps the most interesting point regarding the Warzones limitation is that some players have concerns that putting limitations on Warzone runs might make Warzone queues less likely to fire. While it is possible that this may happen, we don't think it will -- our subscriber base likely will not shrink much, and for some of our competitors, converting to Free-to-Play has resulted in a subscriber increase! Which means that Warzone queues should likely see improvement from what you experience in game, and at minimum be relatively unchanged in experience.

That being said, one of our golden rules is that the Free-to-Play experience should not cheapen the experience for paying subscribers. If it turns out that the Free-to-Play conversion results in a degraded Warzone experience once we go live for subscribers, you can rest assured that we will quickly make adjustments to the system to ensure that subscribers have an optimal experience.

That being said, it is important conversely that the subscription offers subscribers strong, tangible benefits over the Free-to-Play experience. We value our subscribers greatly, and they are crucial to the success of Star Wars: the Old Republic.

Thank you for helping being our guinea pigs through this experience, and please continue to keep posting your feedback on issues here. We're listening!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5324230#edit5324230

I paid over 60 bucks for SWTOR at release.

I've also paid over 60 bucks in subscription fees since release.

Now F2P hits, and all I can do is get the game 'working' with my 'free' coins, and not being able to play at all? And sorry, lvl50 story is not even worth mentioning. There's nothing for me there.

Bottom line is: GW2 is truly FREE, SWTOR is a MONEYMILKINGCOW.

Choose. If this is truly how BW will go forwards with the F2P model, I will choose GW2.

Then go play GW2 and stop complaining here. ;)