So, now that subscibers can get rocket boots for basically nothing...

Samoth_Nomad

Can I have my 4 million credits back? I would much rather have used my monthly CC stipend for rocket boots instead of 4 million credits :(

No. You have had the advantage of using them ever since you bought them. It's fake money. Get over it and accept reality or quit.

But seriously, the price in the cartel shop seems a bit low considering how many credits they cost in game.

While I am incredibly glad I didn't waste all those credits on the rocket boots, I am very disappointed in myself for spending millions of credits on other unlocks that are practically given away now. Still, I agree with the above quoted response. The ratio seems to be very low from cartel coins to credits. The credit vs. coin cost of Legacy items should be balanced. Perhaps BioWare sees it that way. As it is, credits have very little meaning in comparison given the cartel coin pricing being what it is.

But then, we still do not know the real dollar value of a cartel coin. That may change things significantly.

Why do people feel they need a refund, price change all the time for example you may pay 20k for an orange armor only to see next month it's only 10k. Even removing mod is way cheaper today than it was three months ago. This is the same as the real world, buy something right when it come out and it's going to cost you more. You'd think people would get use to this.

As for those asking for the the price in the cartel shop to be risen, the point is to get people to spend their money. They won't if it cost a lot. Not to mention they are spending real money vs fake money. The price are fine, beside anyone who bought this perk will have more cartel to buy something else.

$1.50 (I'm guessing at the conversion ratio) in real money is more valuable than 1.5 million in fake money.

BioWare cannot pay their employees to continue making a game with fake money and, as such, they are going to give people the opportunity to part with their cash whenever possible.

The equation is really pretty simple... cough up a couple of real bucks and get it right now or spend some time playing the game and generate enough fake credits to buy it in a few days.

If even 10% of all players pay that relatively insignificant amount of money for the item, they'll make a sizable profit.

I do not have rocket boots for a reason, not grinding for the credits. In the pts that is one of the first things i bought though. It is my choice and my money, you grinded to get it, I am going to use RL money for it whether they raise the price or not.

"bascically not" So I worked in Real Life and earned money to buy it, how is that nothing btw.

I've wanted to buy legacy perks for a while now, but when I saw the free to play announcement a few months ago I knew they would be unlockable with cartel coins. THe only one I bought was companion dance, which really sucked.

As for the price change, too bad. I bought this game the day it came out and it cost me $60, 4 months later it was $15. Can I go back to wal-mart and ask for my $45 back, no. That's the way the word works.

Race unlocks are currently set at 350 CC while 1mil credits in game

Rocket boots are set to 150 CC while 1.5mil credits for first tier.

Its going to frustrate people.

That makes no sense to me, who in BW was responsible for setting prices? I'd like to see what formulas they used (math might not be my strong point, but marketing is).

I don't know. For me, real money is a heck of a lot easier to come by than credits. Sure, I have millions of credits and I don't have millions of dollars, but the exchange isn't really even. It took me months and months of game play to acquire millions of credits, where as I make enough real money in one day to buy everything in the cartel shop several times over.

Had I known that for $5(or whatever it ends up being) I could have rocket boots and for another $5, I could have all of the legacy unlocks, I would have surely saved my credits, because minute for minute, it's a much easier for me to make $10 than 6+ million credits......

Of course I realize there is nothing that can or will happen, but I'm just sayin'......it kinda sucks.

And no, I'm not quitting the game over it.

Edited by Samoth_Nomad

Not this.

We don't need yet another person quitting. Enough have quit already.

You guys really love pushing people out the door, dont you.

We don't need people who are going to whine about fake money they had to spend in a pretend online world...because the store in the pretend online world now offers the same boots.

If you bought them, ya bought them. Life goes on.

We, as players and customers, have every right to critique the game we play.

But, thank you for your cute little pretentious quips. I suppose you think you are clever, reminding us that this is all imaginary money in an imaginary world and that it hold no relevance to anything. Thank you captain obvious.

Now use your zen-like wisdom to realize there is no point for you to post anything on this forum. After all, it's about a pretend universe.

It's humorous that in your opinion, the game doesn't need people whining about pretend money, but the game does need people that whine about people whining about pretend money.

Edited by Samoth_Nomad

We, as players and customers, have every right to critique the game we play.

But, thank you for your cute little pretentious quips. I suppose you think you are clever, reminding us that this is all imaginary money in an imaginary world and that it hold no relevance to anything. Thank you captain obvious.

Now use your zen-like wisdom to realize there is no point for you to post anything on this forum. After all, it's about a fake universe.

I have a right to point out ridiculous assertions like "I want my fake money back" when they have been using the product they purchased.

Good day.

gotcha. so because i used the boots, i can't complain, but if i had bought them and not used them, then i could complain? cool. noted.

I suppose you have never bought something, only to find out it went on sale then next week. Most stores do this cool thing, where they honor the sale price and refund you the difference..whether you used the item or not. But I guess that's only valid because it happens in the real world and not the pretend world.

I don't know. For me, real money is a heck of a lot easier to come by than credits. Sure, I have millions of credits and I don't have millions of dollars, but the exchange isn't really even. It took me months and months of game play to acquire millions of credits, where as I make enough real money in one day to buy everything in the cartel shop several times over.

Had I known that for $5(or whatever it ends up being) I could have rocket boots and for another $5, I could have all of the legacy unlocks, I would have surely saved my credits, because minute for minute, it's a much easier for me to make $10 than 6+ million credits......

Of course I realize there is nothing that can or will happen, but I'm just sayin'......it kinda sucks.

And no, I'm not quitting the game over it.

Ughh, hear that :mad: I can see how this kinda stuff will work for the company very well, even an unemployed person will more likely use cash than credits for this sort of stuff. Luckily as a newbie I haven't yet wasted credits on rocket boots myself, and I can now just throw some cash at them. :)

Just posting to say I can relate to this inconvenience as someone who'll completely avoid the same situation, and to balance out the other kind of reaction this thread got out of teh peepolz. Why is it somehow seen as an offense to whine about game related stuff on the forums of said game btw?

gotcha. so because i used the boots, i can't complain, but if i had bought them and not used them, then i could complain? cool. noted.

I suppose you have never bought something, only to find out it went on sale then next week. Most stores do this cool thing, where they honor the sale price and refund you the difference..whether you used the item or not. But I guess that's only valid because it happens in the real world and not the pretend world.

You pretty much just answered your own complaint. Congratulations.

And just in case you weren't paying attention, the game model has changed and they are different currencies. You bought them, you spent credits, they changed the model, life goes on. Deal with it. Goodnight.

Edited by Arkerus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.