Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Darthhater: Wookiee Life Day Coming

Urael

Hmmm ... I guess EAware may be doing "holiday" events afterall.

From Darthhater: Wookiee Life Day Coming

Darthhater: After updating our DB yesterday with all of the current items included in the PTS patch, we discovered a few items worth covering on their own beyond the Cartel Market. One of these happens to involve a Star Wars-centric holiday event called Wookiee Life Day.

You can see the items for the event ( well read .. no pics as of this posting ) at the link above. :cool:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm ... I guess EAware may be doing "holiday" events afterall.

From Darthhater: Wookiee Life Day Coming

You can see the items for the event ( well read .. no pics as of this posting ) at the link above. :cool:

They can't possibly keep up with one-off events, it's too much developement for a very short pay off (as 2 events in 12 months shows), holiday event were IMO inevitable eventually.

Edited by Goretzu

They can't possibly keep up with one-off events, it's too much developement for a very short pay off (as 2 events in 12 months shows), holiday event were IMO inevitable eventually.

Holiday events are usually recycled from year to year. They are still fun.

Holiday events are usually recycled from year to year. They are still fun.

Yeah that's what I mean, they can build them once and use them again and again (and maybe add to them).

MMORPGs do things for a reason (like holiday events or day/night cycles), being different isn't always feasible.

As long as they keep them "Star Wars" themed.

I would like to see some sort of "Veterine's day" at different times of the year for republic and empire. I would also like to see major campaign celebrations. We are supposed to be in a galaxy at war (or on the brink) for millenia. :cool:

This is great news!

But, why is it we have to hear about these things from other web sites? We should have known about this before anyone els out there no?

It's not even guaranteed to happen. Some artists decided to add some wookiee life day art into the the assets and all that site did was datamine it. How do you know it's not just an easter egg or people adding in a wishlist from their own free time? This is unofficial. As it is, the practice skirts the EULA, but in PR terms, the company probably benefits from having the community hyped.

It's not even guaranteed to happen. Some artists decided to add some wookiee life day art into the the assets and all that site did was datamine it. How do you know it's not just an easter egg or people adding in a wishlist from their own free time? This is unofficial. As it is, the practice skirts the EULA, but in PR terms, the company probably benefits from having the community hyped.

It seemed "timely", given the ongoing "halloween" discussions, to post this "news" as an additional point for discussion. I know this is "basically a rumour" at this point in time. :cool:

Ah they lied too the playerbase. What a surprise. Then again the current team isnt the team who made the game those poor blokes all got laid off. So pretty much anything said or promised is out the window now.

I can see where you are upset over getting a special event. :rolleyes:

Ah they lied too the playerbase. What a surprise. Then again the current team isnt the team who made the game those poor blokes all got laid off. So pretty much anything said or promised is out the window now.

They didn't "lie to the playerbase" (at least not relative to this topic). It was said that they would not do "holiday events based off of EARTH holidays". It was never said that they would avoid ALL "star wars themed" holidays. :cool:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.