Free to Play Preview

dosadnik

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure someone will tell me I am dumb but I still don't care about most of the information they are providing about the Cartel Shop until approximate prices are released for items and things in the cartel shop.

The F2P stuff was kind of useful but I think most people already knew about the things in this video. I think there are other restrictions that have more confusion around them.

Yeah, I'm not too sure how well THAT will work. But, I suppose they went that way because, for the most part, all eight classes have at least two of those species unlocked to begin with.

Actually they are available for every class, but your assumption is correct imo.

16,000 CC in that person's bank. Makes my 1,900 look like I found a nickle...

I hope it's nothing like...

New color crystal!! 5,000 Coins!!

This is why I am ************ about the information they are giving . I feel the most useful piece is how much the items cost and it's the one piece we have ZERO information on.

This is why I am ************ about the information they are giving . I feel the most useful piece is how much the items cost and it's the one piece we have ZERO information on.

Indeed. Their next video should showcase some items.

16,000 CC in that person's bank. Makes my 1,900 look like I found a nickle...

I hope it's nothing like...

New color crystal!! 5,000 Coins!!

You hit the nail on the head there, this will be it EXACTLY.......The "token" amount (yes the pun was intended) given will probably get you a useless item, requiring vast amounts of sub time OR real cash to obtain the good stuff (which SHOULD be given to subbers anyway....)

Like it or not the Gouge is incoming.

You hit the nail on the head there, this will be it EXACTLY.......The "token" amount (yes the pun was intended) given will probably get you a useless item, requiring vast amounts of sub time OR real cash to obtain the good stuff (which SHOULD be given to subbers anyway....)

Like it or not the Gouge is incoming.

Thats a nice bit of speculation you got going on there as well as a little fear-mongering.

Maybe you wait to see what it really will cost and look like before saying what it will be EXACTLY like.

Thats a nice bit of speculation you got going on there as well as a little fear-mongering.

Maybe you wait to see what it really will cost and look like before saying what it will be EXACTLY like.

"Fear mongering".......?

Er no, its called experience.

ANYONE who does their research knows that the FTP business model does not gel well with the way us westerners like to game, SO they change the rulebook to the way of the "Eastern" MMo's who have NO QUALMS about the pay to win scenario and see it more of a status. Having experienced the rough end of 2 F2P transitions, I have yet to see a company that did not gouge its customers and do a u-turn on the "no game-changing gear in the store" line, which we all know is utter tripe.

Edited by Redat

Or Bioware could avoid all the fear mongering but just giving approximate prices. No one needs a complete item list but a range of prices would be very useful and dare I say, informative.

"Fear mongering".......?

Er no, its called experience.

ANYONE who does their research knows that the FTP business model does not gel well with the way us westerners like to game, SO they change the rulebook to the way of the "Eastern" MMo's who have NO QUALMS about the pay to win scenario and see it more of a status. Having experienced the rough end of 2 F2P transitions, I have yet to see a company that did not gouge its customers and do a u-turn on the "no game-changing gear in the store" line, which we all know is utter tripe.

I have experience too, with DDO, and based on my experience, I agree with the other guy that you are fear-mongering.

No new information in the video, would rather they just start showing off the equipment in the cartel shop...

I was expecting to see more of the shop since the description says something about it. Just another filler video to make it look like the studio's doing something. Back to Mass Effect I go.

I have experience too, with DDO, and based on my experience, I agree with the other guy that you are fear-mongering.

I agree too. I have experience with EQ2's cash shop and I quite like it. There is some pretty cool stuff on there at times.

16k is for test purpose, I hope. You may buy everything at least once with this amount.

A screenshot of this video, no price tag (as you all know):

The Imperial Agent looking armor in the the 'Crime Lord's Cartel Pack' looks like this smuggler armor. At least the sleeves do... I can see them rehashing a few things...

I don't mean to nit-pick :D It's just...what else am I supposed to do until I get home.

I am sure someone will tell me I am dumb but I still don't care about most of the information they are providing about the Cartel Shop until approximate prices are released for items and things in the cartel shop.

You aren't dumb. It really doesn't matter how many cartel coins we get/don't get, until we have some frame of reference as to what the purchasing power of those coins will be.

If I tell you I'm going to give you a million unit's of currency, it doesn't say anything. If it's in USD, it's (obviously)worth a million dollars. It it's in Somaliland Schillings, it's worth about $600 (USD)

You aren't dumb. It really doesn't matter how many cartel coins we get/don't get, until we have some frame of reference as to what the purchasing power of those coins will be.

If I tell you I'm going to give you a million unit's of currency, it doesn't say anything. If it's in USD, it's (obviously)worth a million dollars. It it's in Somaliland Schillings, it's worth about $600 (USD)

Good, I have brought this up in a few "OOH look at all my cartel coins" threads and people don't seem to get that it doesn't matter how much you have until you know how much things costs. At least some people understand that.

Your post is appreciated and for having such wonderful insight I award 10 billion blazinka flech pieces to spend as you please.

Edited by theborch