F2P - 3 Warzones Per Week LOL

Kromagg

That's what i'm getting from this thread and the bigger one on the general forum.

Which they definitely should not have the same access to. Unless the game wants to be Pay to Win where the Cartel market has items that give subscribers or people who buy things a clear advantage over others (i.e. gear abilities ect.) then they have to make money somehow. If you just want to PvP you aren't going to be paying 15 dollars a month. Just buy the PvP license (Don't know if they expire but even if they do a license is still cheaper than a sub). They want F2P players to be able to tailor their experience or be a sub and get everything.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does you playing since day one have to do with it? lol

Anyway. I just think for people who look to PvP as their end game; other players are their content. As far as them not paying for it; I would give them free trips to the respawn all day, every day.

my opinion matters because I pay money to play is what it has to do with it.

I got dc/kicked out of a fp/wz/space. Now I lost my 1 out of 3 allowance for for the week.

BW!!!!! Compensate my lost!!!! refund my money!!!!

oops. I didn't acutally pay anything

yeah wow thats a really good point what if they get booted from a warzone or flashpoint or come in at he very end of a game like it happens to us subscribers all the time. 3 is way to small of a number especially when there are bugs in warzones that makes you get stuck in the spawn area and make you quit

yeah wow thats a really good point what if they get booted from a warzone or flashpoint or come in at he very end of a game like it happens to us subscribers all the time. 3 is way to small of a number especially when there are bugs in warzones that makes you get stuck in the spawn area and make you quit

i don't know about the warzones, never had that kind of trouble myself, but for the flashpoints and getting in at the end, you can prevent that, just uncheck that box in group finder that says 'match with groups in progress'

Edited by Ifrica

WOW, 21 pages on this?!

Sorry, I don't have time for 21 pages right now BUT I have a couple of instant thoughts here.

1. FUNNY FUNNY BIOWARE!! You *admit* openly with this policy that PVP is THAT important and is such a money maker, yet you mostly ignore balance, resolve elimination requests, CC reduction requests, content, and the need for Ranked Group Finder?

2. I don't think anyone will PAY for PVP; to be honest we started a PVP specific guild 10 months ago, and of the over 100 individual player accounts MOST quit the game specifically because of the horrible PVP and lack of open world pvp content. Of the dozen or so active players left, half REFUSE to PVP ever again.

3. Do most of what you're planning and you have a really great chance to close the game and cut your losses before LucasArts sues.

21 pages... wow... really?!

Nobody knows what the price will be for a week pass of Warzones, if it's only $1.50 for a week pass for unlimited Warzones thats only $6 a month and if you mostly do Warzones then your saving a lot of money vs paying $15... Even if its $2 for a week pass thats still only $8 a month for unlimited warzones...

So before everyone freaks out we might want to wait and see what the pricing is.

I still think there's no harm in giving people more of a taste before they have to decide whether they want to pay or not.

As far as spit balling the price point goes, if it's more than $2 per week (for any license) I'd actively discourage people from paying for it. I'm all for encouraging people to pick up a sub, but not by gouging them.

WOW, 21 pages on this?!

Sorry, I don't have time for 21 pages right now BUT I have a couple of instant thoughts here.

1. FUNNY FUNNY BIOWARE!! You *admit* openly with this policy that PVP is THAT important and is such a money maker, yet you mostly ignore balance, resolve elimination requests, CC reduction requests, content, and the need for Ranked Group Finder?

2. I don't think anyone will PAY for PVP; to be honest we started a PVP specific guild 10 months ago, and of the over 100 individual player accounts MOST quit the game specifically because of the horrible PVP and lack of open world pvp content. Of the dozen or so active players left, half REFUSE to PVP ever again.

3. Do most of what you're planning and you have a really great chance to close the game and cut your losses before LucasArts sues.

21 pages... wow... really?!

1. As mentioned a couple times before (not in these 21 pages) balancing pvp isn't that easy, even established mmo's don't have balanced pvp (wow sais hi), and it will be a longer process to balance then a couple months, especially at the early stages of a game (yes, a year in is still early stages for an mmo) where not all players know their class to the fullest, balancing would mean that everyone knows how to play their class and balance t on optimal effects, that ain't that simple, because skill levels differ in pvp.

2. horrible pvp can be discussed, but i for one like the pvp stuff in tor better then in wow, i played alot of pvp in that game, arena's and normal bg's, and compared to that, the created warzones here are way more amusing, i just love huttball and voidstar (which always gives me th feeling i'm playing SoF infiltration ;))

and world pvp, i mentioned it in another thread, you can create that yourself, such things, imo, are created by the devs as well as the community, i've been having alot of fun open world pvp situations, in voss, black hole, and some other places. if you say there's a lack of it, you can always try to set some stuff up yourself. (some servers even organize these things on weekly basis n stuff)

1. As mentioned a couple times before (not in these 21 pages) balancing pvp isn't that easy, even established mmo's don't have balanced pvp (wow sais hi), and it will be a longer process to balance then a couple months, especially at the early stages of a game (yes, a year in is still early stages for an mmo) where not all players know their class to the fullest, balancing would mean that everyone knows how to play their class and balance t on optimal effects, that ain't that simple, because skill levels differ in pvp.

2. horrible pvp can be discussed, but i for one like the pvp stuff in tor better then in wow, i played alot of pvp in that game, arena's and normal bg's, and compared to that, the created warzones here are way more amusing, i just love huttball and voidstar (which always gives me th feeling i'm playing SoF infiltration ;))

and world pvp, i mentioned it in another thread, you can create that yourself, such things, imo, are created by the devs as well as the community, i've been having alot of fun open world pvp situations, in voss, black hole, and some other places. if you say there's a lack of it, you can always try to set some stuff up yourself. (some servers even organize these things on weekly basis n stuff)

1. Yes, I agree balance is difficult, but the other things are simple, and they certainly could work on real time stats of damage per second and build a boost that makes the games closer, or go by the group stats for matching. I had one warzone where I was getting killed 4-5 times per minute, even when some poor soul tried to guard me. (Note I have over 8100 kills and full augmented WH).

2. *I* and a now small handful of people do still enjoy the PVP; I was just realistically stating what I experienced as a guild leader. We had server forums and after Illum was taken out did try to do world PVP events of our own, but there was too little interest. EA/B could do more world events that have the wonderful side effect of producing PVP, and I put it in the suggestion box.

This just in: $15/month is about 2 hours of min wage. Work 2 hours a month and play SWTOR with unlimited WZs!!!

Not all countries has such high minimal wage ;) Here it is like 8h of work.

(It of course doesn't change the fact that you can skip expensive alcohol parties once a month to pay your swtor sub)

Edited by MelodicSixNine

Not all countries has such high minimal wage ;) Here it is like 8h of work.

(It of course doesn't change the fact that you can skip expensive alcohol parties once a month to pay your swtor sub)

That might be why minimum wage is so low. $15 is considered and expensive alcohol party. That wouldn't buy my favorite bottle of liquor here. Could get a 12 pack of bottles, but that would be a cheap night of suds.

That might be why minimum wage is so low. $15 is considered and expensive alcohol party. That wouldn't buy my favorite bottle of liquor here. Could get a 12 pack of bottles, but that would be a cheap night of suds.

By expensive I mean more than 15 dollars and going out not staying in home.

Btw real man here drink beer or vodka not some girly liquor :D

Edited by MelodicSixNine

wow there sure are alot of whiners in here QQ about the f2p WZ limit.amzing how people feel they should be given everything for nothing.Well that is not how the world works.the 3/week makes perfect sense.If your a casual pvper then 3 is all you need.And if you really like pvping that much then stop being cheap and either buy the weekly pass or subscribe.and the 5 death limit just means you can only field revive 5 times a week.after that you either buy more or revive at a med center.Actually read up on things people not just look at rumors and misinformed trolls' post.

By expensive I mean more than 15 dollars and going out not staying in home.

Btw real man here drink beer or vodka not some girly liquor :D

I prefer Makers Mark; but I think you need to talk to some Mexican friends about girly liquor. Maybe they will give you some tequila. I don't mean Quervo either. Stuff tehy gave me had 2 worms and it was harsh.