Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

Why. What, solo players should be forced to play the same queue as ranked slummers who are just out out to ruin it for everybody?

First thing first.

No one is required to play ranked. Regular and Ranked are two separate queues with two separate rewards. Even if a guild has 8 people on and in PvP, there is no law, mandate, or ethical code that requires 8 players of the same guild to only play ranked when able.

Second.

If someone else is ruining your game experience in Player vs Player... it may be hard to grasp but the problem is You. No one is required to go easy, or leave you alone if you willingly step onto the battlefield.

Third.

The reason -I- am against solo-only queue is not only because it causes logistical issues in the regular warzone queue and divides/detracts from the pool of available players, but also because players have the responsibility to up their game if they want the rewards of PvP, not the competition to step down.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if Solo-queue were possible, I assume being the decent and fair hearted player that you are, you would agree that the rewards need to be less than regular too. I'm thinking maybe 40 comms (including from medals) for a loss and 80 comms for a win?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If bioware ends up implementing split queues this will kill pvp in this game and you will have noone but yourself to blame, for swinging your epeen around like 12 year old children with yourl2p crap. Newsflash and mmo needs an influx of new players to thrive and they will naturally not be good at first. You should be interested in making the entry as easy as possible, not roflstomping them in the ground any chance you get

The mechanics are already in place to make the transition into 55 PvP fairly easy and painless. But it falls on the players to actually use them.

Players can start PvPing at level 11. If they did that and, at the very least just did the lowbie PvP daily, by the time they reached 55 they would have a firm grasp on how their toon plays in PvP, what the WZ objectives are, other classes abilities, and they would have a fair amount of normal and ranked WZ comms saved up to buy gear.

It doesn't matter if there was a solo only queue or not, a player that doesn't do the above before they jump into a 55 WZ is going to get stomped.

It doesn't matter if there was a solo only queue or not, a player that doesn't do the above before they jump into a 55 WZ is going to get stomped.

Yeah it does matter. There are good players who outscore the premades in their ops and top the medals, who still get roflstomped when they're the only geared player on their team against 4+ geared players on their team.

Premades come with a host of advantages; those players use those advantages; pugs don't have those advantages.

So without those advantages against a geared premade the solo player is just wasting the time it took to queue and looking at two sets of loading screens, possibly for an hour or so like this.

but also because players have the responsibility to up their game if they want the rewards of PvP, not the competition to step down.

"buzzer sound" WRONG. The person who can right click that thingy at the bottom right of the minimap and click Queue the most will earn the most rewards for PvP.

So if Solo-queue were possible, I assume being the decent and fair hearted player that you are, you would agree that the rewards need to be less than regular too. I'm thinking maybe 40 comms (including from medals) for a loss and 80 comms for a win?

No, but...thanks? Why does someone who is in a group deserve more comms? RWZs are already in place to get better gear AND provide a higher level of competition.

I've been using the word assumption, but he thinks I'm reading his mind.

you know what happens when you assume? cuz youve been making an *** out of yourself quite well in your last few posts. you keep assuming i mean some alternate translation to the things i post. what i write is what i mean; its a fraking simple as that. there are no things to be assumed, or reading between the lines. keep on thinking that you know something i dont about what i am posting tho.... :rolleyes:

and im pretty sure cycao is echoing the sentiment of the post that he quoted.....

It accurately describes the ones who are creating enough of a problem that creates the need for solo-only que as a toggle and get it through your thick skull solos would still be able to toggle into your group queue when they too are looking for coattails to ride on.

the number of people that do what you describe is incredibly small. and there is no way to distinguish one premades intent vs another. so you just seem to be placing them all in the same lot and assuming the absolute worst about all of them.

again, you know what happens when you assume? :rolleyes:

you are incredibly delusional

Edited by cashogy_reborn

"

No, but...thanks? Why does someone who is in a group deserve more comms? RWZs are already in place to get better gear AND provide a higher level of competition.

Well, let's try this. See if you can answer my next few questions without dodging the answer and using a simple yes or no okay?

1. According to solo-only queue advocates, playing against a premade isn't about losing but rather they have no chance at winning, yes or no?

I like many group up with their mates to have a bloody good time. If SWTOR had the same population size as say WoW or cross server queue like WoW, I would be all for having group only queues, however, this is not the case. I do not understand why people think it is wise to divide the queue in half, and hurting those who wish play with friends?

I mean if you do group only queue without cross server queue, what will happen is people will face better groups, and more then likely stop queuing. I would not mind it since my server would have about five or so guilds that would always queue if something like this were to happen, and facing those guys over and over would be fun.

What is to say would happen to smaller pop servers like Jung Ma? How would groups fair their? Are you telling me that people really think it is smart to limit groups in a MMO?

In short yes I do pug stomp per se, our group is not going to hold punches if we are facing a pug group that is not working together we will push for a three cap to end it. This is the nature of PvP play to the best of your ability, anything less would not only be an insult to yourself, but also your opponent.

1. According to solo-only queue advocates, playing against a premade isn't about losing but rather they have no chance at winning, yes or no?

Hey, if I can dodge a wrench I can dodge a question.

My answer would be no. I'm not an advocate of solo queues though so I might not be the best to answer without assuming what they want.

Yeah it does matter. There are good players who outscore the premades in their ops and top the medals, who still get roflstomped when they're the only geared player on their team against 4+ geared players on their team.

Premades come with a host of advantages; those players use those advantages; pugs don't have those advantages.

So without those advantages against a geared premade the solo player is just wasting the time it took to queue and looking at two sets of loading screens, possibly for an hour or so like this.

This has nothing to do with what I posted about since I was talking about the mechanics that are in place that allows a, relatively, easy transition into 55 PvP. However, lets take a look at what you responded with.

That won't change in a solo only queue. You will still have under geared players going up against geared players and still getting stomped. If, however, the under geared players used the mechanics that were already in game there is less chance of that happening. Which, is also true if they are going up against a premade.

Solo queuers have access to the exact same advantages as the premades do. Now, if a player chooses not to use those advantages, then that is on them and not on the opponents that they are facing.

Hey, if I can dodge a wrench I can dodge a question.

My answer would be no. I'm not an advocate of solo queues though so I might not be the best to answer without assuming what they want.

<.< If you're not an advocate of solo-queues then why did you respond to my question for those who support the solo-queue. No offense, but if you're not pushing for one the question about accepting lesser rewards isn't for you. I meant if there becomes a solo-only queue, a regular queue, and a ranked queue the rewards would fairly have to be Solo-only queue (1player) < Regular (1-4 players) < Ranked (8 players).

(so are you are for better matchmaking like myself?)

Edited by Doomsdaycomes

I actually see a lot more 2 or 3 person groups than I do full 4 mans on TEH, especially among the more casual PvPers. How does everyone think they fit into the whole solo-vs-premade discussion?

that is impossible. everyone warzone is 2 full premades vs 8 random pugs in greens. there is no middle ground

:rolleyes:

Edited by cashogy_reborn

No, but...thanks? Why does someone who is in a group deserve more comms? RWZs are already in place to get better gear AND provide a higher level of competition..

Its funny because when you boil it down, all they're really concerned about is hoarding over any and all petty advantages that will give them an advantage over the other players they have to face. Hoarding over comms just means they want higher HP ultimately than solo players, its crazy they define "good" by non-skill based advantages that allow them to ruin the WZ experience.

..the number of people that do what you describe is incredibly small. and there is no way to distinguish one premades intent vs another. so you just seem to be placing them all in the same lot and assuming the absolute worst about all of them.

I see them every single night.

Its funny because when you boil it down, all they're really concerned about is hoarding over any and all petty advantages that will give them an advantage over the other players they have to face. Hoarding over comms just means they want higher HP ultimately than solo players, its crazy they define "good" by non-skill based advantages that allow them to ruin the WZ experience.

:rolleyes: Something smells a little pathetic.

Since you are a solo-only queue person, can you answer these questions yes or no, without dodging?

1. Solo-only queue advocates want a solo queue separate from the regular not because of losing, but because they feel they have no chance to win when against groups? Yes or No.

2. They believe a solo-queue would give them a chance to win? Yes or No.

3. Using the Solo queue-only option does not have any effect on their skill, gear, consumables, or other factors they directly control? Yes or No.

I frequently queue for regulars with 3 buddies. It is more fun that way.

That said, I think

• regular WZ is solo queue only
  • 4-man and 8-man queue for rated

could work if rated gave us control over match scheduling. E.g. "don't queue my team against another team that is +/- 800 rating points.

We already can queue for regs and rated simultaneously. We could do the same here.

The advantage of having one queue for solo queuing is better match making is possible when the matchmaker has full freedom to mix and match. Obviously we need hidden ratings for regular WZ to make better matches.

I think 2 x 4-man group, each 4-man in their own voice vs 8-man is viable. It might make sense to maintain a 4-man rating separate from an 8-man rating.

The above is one option. There are other options. All good options involve better match making.

:rolleyes: Something smells a little pathetic.

Since you are a solo-only queue person, can you answer these questions yes or no, without dodging?

1. Solo-only queue advocates want a solo queue separate from the regular not because of losing, but because they feel they have no chance to win when against groups? Yes or No.

2. They believe a solo-queue would give them a chance to win? Yes or No.

3. Using the Solo queue-only option does not have any effect on their skill, gear, consumables, or other factors they directly control? Yes or No.

1. Solo-only que advocates want a solo queue separate from groups because it eliminates coordinated ranked teams from the regs queue, who are just walking in with a set of advantage that 90% of solo teams can't stop. Plus, those teams are a s s hats. Maybe your team isn't, but those teams are.

2. The solo-queue has nothing to do with winning its all about keeping those slumming ranked 4+mans from wasting hours of our time.

3. Using the solo-only queue does not effect individual player skill but individual skill is not what solo-players object to. What they object to is being stuck in a queue with the deck stacked against them, and you can say what you want but a lot of these teams know exactly what they're doing and decent people shouldn't be defending that part of the pvp community.

Edited by Comfterbilly

on what server?

if you are losing to premades this regularly, why have you not tried to for your own with friends?

Because solo queue is a lot more fun than premading when you're lucky enough not to have the ranked teams in your queue. Minus the ranked teams, winning solo is a lot more fun than winning on a premade. Anything can happen, instead of the same things happening over and over.

on what server?

if you are losing to premades this regularly, why have you not tried to for your own with friends?

Are you drunk today Dany? Your keyboard is all over the place :D

And ya, this never happens. I know who the best PvPers on POT5 are and they never say anything in /say other than gg or stuff to friends.

1. Solo-only que advocates want a solo queue separate from groups because it eliminates coordinated ranked teams from the regs queue, who are just walking in with a set of advantage that 90% of solo teams can't stop. Plus, those teams are a s s h o l e s. Maybe your team isn't, but those teams are.

2. The solo-queue has nothing to do with winning its all about keeping those slumming ranked 4+mans from wasting hours of our time.

3. Using the solo-only queue does not effect individual player skill but individual skill is not what solo-players object to. What they object to is being stuck in a queue with the deck stacked against them, and you can say what you want but a lot of these teams know exactly what they're doing and decent people shouldn't be defending that part of the pvp community.

1. there is no solo-only queue

2. there is no solo-only queue

3. there is no solo only queue

and it *is* individual skill that you folks object to. if skilled players group together and end up against you in a warzone, you consider them equivalent to sexual predators.

what kind of koolaid are you drinking? :rolleyes:

you know what premade groups are thinking when they form the premade? "i want to make sure at least 3 of my teammates arent going to start licking the monitor to check its flavor during the warzone". it has nothing to do with making you bads cry, and everything to do with making sure as few of you crying bads are on our team as possible.