no hk51 for solo players

sepulhead

there are solo players who find hard to get an enjoyable group, because actually the dont want to.. I ve met once a player like that... He is playing different classes after he gets 50, and I am sure he eventually quit after..

He is very old though! The problem is the idiotic kids, that rasp anybody who dosnt do lots in a group or they dont like his/her equipment.. but they dont consider that this player may be 70 year old for example, just a star wars fun...

And the story is, I played once a group phase in corellia, so the group insulted a player who didnt have great equipment... I helped this player and he told me, he is old, just having some fun with the story mode... I felt so bad for the kids though...

So you are the problem, not the soloers. I am 33 by the way and I prefer to play solo to.

Ive tested it my self to see how equipment does things better and not the game play style.. Didnt do much once, but I have campaigns and black holes ONLY... Everybody was happy with me, because of my equipment and they didnt notice that I didnt do much.. lol

Thats a nice experiment, try it ur self, to see how "gamers" behave... So thats the problem with soloers, dont have great equip and they get rasped by others.. thats what bioware created... a greedy bad system.

Edited by Oyranos

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There shouldn't be any reason a solo player shouldn't be able to work toward HK just like a solo player can play the majority of the game. People can yell this is a MMO, but that doesn't change the fact that things like class story were designed for a solo experience even if others can come along.

You can work towards it. Outside of 2 parts, of the quest series, its all soloable. People can yell you can solo in an MMO, but that doesnt change the fact that some things are designed to need groups. Things like flashpoints and heroic quests were designed for a group experience, even if some people can solo them.

So I've been doing a few HM flashpoints trying to get myself geared a little better mostly just because I think the recruit armor looks ugly on my Jedi. And as I feared, all of the groups I've gone through have wanted to spacebar their way through the story and skip past content like optional bosses and stuff.

BUT

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I wasn't completely out of my league in HM flashpoints like I had feared I would be. I thought for sure I would be too undergeared to contribute anything of worth to the group, but I have been able to hold my own. Of course, the groups I have been with have been much better geared than me, and they have all been very nice about helping me through the content. But it was still a pleasant surprise to find out that it wouldn't be as awful of an experience as I had thought it would be.

Now the only problem is getting enough commendations to get better gear, it seems like it is going to take forever.

I had a similar experience. One thing you can do, though, is just ask the group if its alright if you watch the cutscenes. Most of the endgame ones are pretty spread out so it usually doesn't add too much of the time. It is harder to find people who want to do the bonus content, though.

"i choose how to spend my money!"

"I want to play solo!"

"I want to play as I WANT"

"I want kotor 3 not swtor!"

You have used your money to buy a MMORPG, where there are certain rules and features, and the game name is SWTOR.

why do you force us solo players to do a hm fp to get HK-51.

is no-one playing these fp that you heve to force the solo players to do those FP.

Why do you have to PvP to get PvP gear? Why do you have to do end game content to get end game gear?

No one is forcing you to do anything. You don't need HK-51 to play the game. But if you want the droid, that's how you get it.

That's just how it works. Deal.

EDIT - I say all of this as a casual, take-my-time, almost entirely solo player. I play for story & RP. And you know what? I don't feel an overriding desire to get HK-51 any more than I need or want top-end gear. I may someday. If I ever do, I know my guild will help me with that. I don't see a problem. Play as you like - I do. But if you want a goody in game, you have to play that particular way to get it.

Edited by Uluain

So let me get this straight. There are people who choose to 'play solo', yet indulge in the social activity of complaining to dozens if not hundreds of forum users by way of this thread. Quite the paradox we have here. Sounds like a bunch of people running out of things to cry about.

Solo players make up a pretty decent proportion of EA's SWTOR turnover and an even large proportion of their profits.

SWTOR especially is a VERY solo friendly game.

So I've been doing a few HM flashpoints trying to get myself geared a little better mostly just because I think the recruit armor looks ugly on my Jedi. And as I feared, all of the groups I've gone through have wanted to spacebar their way through the story and skip past content like optional bosses and stuff.

BUT

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I wasn't completely out of my league in HM flashpoints like I had feared I would be. I thought for sure I would be too undergeared to contribute anything of worth to the group, but I have been able to hold my own. Of course, the groups I have been with have been much better geared than me, and they have all been very nice about helping me through the content. But it was still a pleasant surprise to find out that it wouldn't be as awful of an experience as I had thought it would be.

Now the only problem is getting enough commendations to get better gear, it seems like it is going to take forever.

heh. I can understand the point about always ending up in groups that want to skip all the scenes, but I'm sure if you're asking on the fleet specifically for people who want to see the story - or even ask in your server forums - you may find others being ok to not skip.

I'd offer for you to run them with you but we're on different servers :p

What this guy said... seriously. MMO games are meant to be played with other people. Stop crying please and just use the LFG tool to get the damn thing done.

And I think you need to live in the present. The driving force behind ANY current MMO is the solo player. Why is it you think every single MMO out there pretty much can be completed (compulsory group content aside) by a solo player?

Even though it is slightly hypocritical, and an oxymoron, an MMO that is not single player friendly, just won't last. Those are the facts of the modern MMO era. Even NCSoft said this when they designed GW2.

For the person you are chastising, I agree with them. Why should I miss out on a game franchise I love just because it's now an MMO...are you saying I should not play it because I prefer to play on my own than with random idiot kid 78?

My job is as a carer, I am married, have kids. I 'cannot' commit to many group activities, unless you let me group with you, and never once whine at me because I may go afk 3 times during our group time. So in your opinion, I should be excluded from playing?

Sorry my friend, you are the reason that the 'majority' of people in MMO's solo.

Edited by Maviarab

wrong. this game has had lots of its issues because people complained the END GAME was way way way too easy and there was nothing to do for raider (the so called 'hardcore gamer' ... ?)

it's true that everything should be easy enough to be soloable, however 'soloable' is where there's something up for discussion.

I am the kind of person that ususally takes forever to actually reach end game. and I mean forever. in lotro it took me a year, and a month after I was ready to do actual endgame content they added new zones and it was all for nothing... lol. anyway....

the key to success is the BALANCE between catering to people that want to be not dependend on group play - and those who do.

there simply needs to be enough for both player types. and currently the balance in TOR is still way too much on the solo-playable content. (though I guess this is arguable, after all every planet has more than enough heroic areas)

And I think you need to live in the present. The driving force behind ANY current MMO is the solo player. Why is it you think every single MMO out there pretty much can be completed (compulsory group content aside) by a solo player?

Even though it is slightly hypocritical, and an oxymoron, an MMO that is not single player friendly, just won't last. Those are the facts of the modern MMO era. Even NCSoft said this when they designed GW2.

For the person you are chastising, I agree with them. Why should I miss out on a game franchise I love just because it's now an MMO...are you saying I should not play it because I prefer to play on my own than with random idiot kid 78?

My job is as a carer, I am married, have kids. I 'cannot' commit to many group activities, unless you let me group with you, and never once whine at me because I may go afk 3 times during our group time. So in your opinion, I should be excluded from playing?

Sorry my friend, you are the reason that the 'majority' of people in MMO's solo.

Big difference between solo friendly and being able to solo everything. Reguardless of what you think, MMOs are designed to be played with others. Every MMO will try to entice people to group. It is not solo people that are the driving force, its community. Community is what keep MMOs active. There may be alot of solo players but I assure you that there are more people that stick to games because of the social/friends aspect of it. Its called attachment. Friends will always follow friends to new games because they enjoy playing with their friends. Thats what keeps them playing. Thats why MMOs often cater to these people. Thats why new content is 90% group.

Just because an MMO is solo friendly does not mean that everything is soloable. HK-51 is not soloable. If you want to get him then I suggest that you decide to find 20 mins to run a dungeon with some people. The excuse of family man is pretty outdated when an entire raid can be done in 30 minutes. Dungeons can be plowed through, in no time, with a good group. Oh and btw... I play with alot of family oriented friends. I am one myself. When someone needs to afk we either keep going or wait for him. Dungeons are easy enough that you can keep clearing trash with one man afk. If its the tank or healer... we can wait. No big deal. You think everyone is an ***. You are wrong. You just dont want to find like minded people.... or you are too afraid you cant hack it in a group and dont want to be embarrased.

as many solo players as are complaining about this, it should be quite easy to find a 1 time group and sacrifice 30 minutes of your time to go do a quest to *ghasp* earn the reward of said quest.

For the person you are chastising, I agree with them. Why should I miss out on a game franchise I love just because it's now an MMO...are you saying I should not play it because I prefer to play on my own than with random idiot kid 78

you dont need hk-51 to play tor.

Edited by Tiek

@Amnie...

I can agree to an extent, but those vocal enough to moan about this aspect are your usual hardcore base, hell, new expansion out for Lotro past Monday, 10 level cap increase, people were moaning about 'end game' the day after it came out...sorry...you cannot cater to those players enough to keep them happy. I do agree that this 'is' too solo-friendly (why I play MMO's like this)...but that's just bad design by all round from those who matter.

@Solus...

Community I agree with. Only reason I still play Lotro to this day. But I rarely group.

And I guess you have never cared for anyone then...as well as have a family too? 30 minutes 'uninterrupted' time can actually be very difficult for me a lot of the time. But that's 'my' life and not yours I guess, and my problem. But that should not stop me from enjoying this game how 'I' want to enjoy it. I paid for it like everyone else.

I may rarely group, but often chat in general etc. I'm not anti-social for the sake of it. 'Interacting with' other people is what an MMO is about, not necessarily grouping with them. Yes there will always be 'group' content, but I rarely bother with that. End game has no interest for me anymore, been there and done it to death in far too many other games. The journey is what interests me now. Should I happen to find myself with 'free' time enough and there happens to be a group doing HK then yes I may very well shout out for an invite.

But you're still missing my point. Any new MMO that is 'not' solo friendly, in the modern fickle gaming market, will not survive. We are the new driving force behind modern MMO design. Just like the business world, evolution and everything else, the MMO is changing. Whether that be for the better or worse, remains to be seen and is up for opinion :)

@Sunshine..

Also lol ;)

Because the MMO world has been flooded by console players who don't understand what an MMO is supposed to be. Let me ask something in return, why do we have a problem with people "rushing through content too quickly"? It was not always an issue.

Again, sad as it is to admit, this is because the people who play MMOs don't want to have to group with other people. Anyone who played classic UO and early EverQuest can validate the statement that having to play with other people hardly ruined the game. But then you didn't have dime a dozen MMOs coming out every other month trying to draw in on the 'new' MMO gamer.

Most people, won't be upset if you have to go AFK, especially if you simply say 'brb, kids fighting' or 'brb, just heard something break'. Those "random idiots' are not all children (and I should feel insulted that a 'career man/woman' would resort to such an insult when they had no proof of it. I am sorry but the "I have a life..." excuse doesn't fly in my book.

Does your family depend on you so much that you are not even granted 30-60 minutes to yourself a night? If that is all it would take to get one Flash Point done, then you can easily break it down over several days and get it done without a problem and without "having to go afk on groups 2-3 times.)

I disagree. Your type, who assume another player is a child just because of how they act, is why a lot of people (myself at least) prefer going solo rather than grouping. I dislike being called a troll or a child because I have a different opinion (or in some cases a logical one) thus I am a "Solo player". I prefer playing the game at my own pace. But even I have no problem what so ever with the fact that the new companion will require me to group with folks. There is no logical reason to complain about 'having to group' for the Flash Points for the companion.

I'm pretty sure it's people like you, who complain about real life "getting in the way of a video game" that make the "majority" of people in MMO's solo. Also, I doubt you're even right about the majority. I'd love to see the number of active subscribers who have not grouped with anyone else.

Also, yes, you should be excluded from playing certain games. That's how it goes. Going afk 3 times during a group encounter is rude to the other people. You're now wasting 3 people's times who have also paid, so their needs, combined, outweigh yours. Are you the type of person that feels justified to have a crying baby in a theatre because you paid for a ticket just like everyone else? You do realize how rude that is, right? Sometimes, you make sacrifices for little things like video game and new movies when you decide to start something important, like, a family. My friends who are married and have kids do not complain because they haven't been to a movie theatre in years... and the one couple that used to play MMO's all the time doesn't complain that he doesn't have time anymore because RL > game.

Congrats that you love the Star Wars franchise, I do too. However, I won't complain that there's no jedi action, which is probably the biggest aspect of the SW universe, when I'm playing a Star Wars fighter game. That makes no sense. Do I have a right to complain (i.e. "Omg why are there no jedis?! Why can't I move stuff with The Force?!") when I clearly bought a game that was advertised as being a flying game?

The fact that you said, "Why is it you think every single MMO out there pretty much can be completed" shows you don't understand the genre you are playing. You don't "complete" in MMO's. It's a never-ending cycle of more loot, more money, more dailies. It's a hamster-wheel and you're running on it complaining about why it's a wheel. It's a wheel because it's a wheel. Arguing with it is like arguing why water is wet.

Edited by Lostpenguins

Let me ask something in return, why do we have a problem with people "rushing through content too quickly"? It was not always an issue.

Not sure you like my answer (as you seem to think I'm coming from elsewhere from where I was)...but because the majority core market of most games these days (and I said majority and most) are console kids...who feel the need to extend their epeens and brag to their mates ;)

Again, sad as it is to admit, this is because the people who play MMOs don't want to have to group with other people. Anyone who played classic UO and early EverQuest can validate the statement that having to play with other people hardly ruined the game. But then you didn't have dime a dozen MMOs coming out every other month trying to draw in on the 'new' MMO gamer.

Good point...

Most people, won't be upset if you have to go AFK, especially if you simply say 'brb, kids fighting' or 'brb, just heard something break'. Those "random idiots' are not all children (and I should feel insulted that a 'career man/woman' would resort to such an insult when they had no proof of it. I am sorry but the "I have a life..." excuse doesn't fly in my book.

In my book, most people are upset in the space of 40 to 60 mins I go afk 3 times from anywhere from 5 to 15 mins a time. It happens frequently.

Does your family depend on you so much that you are not even granted 30-60 minutes to yourself a night? If that is all it would take to get one Flash Point done, then you can easily break it down over several days and get it done without a problem and without "having to go afk on groups 2-3 times.)

On occasional yes. Not my 'family', but the person I care for pretty much 15-20 hours a day has and can. As for completing the flash point over multiple days, I do not actually know, so how is that done?

I disagree. Your type, who assume another player is a child just because of how they act, is why a lot of people (myself at least) prefer going solo rather than grouping. I dislike being called a troll or a child because I have a different opinion (or in some cases a logical one) thus I am a "Solo player". I prefer playing the game at my own pace. But even I have no problem what so ever with the fact that the new companion will require me to group with folks. There is no logical reason to complain about 'having to group' for the Flash Points for the companion.

Most are....why I 'also' mainly solo...Never called you a troll (unless you were generalising)....Also prefer to play at my own pace (something you are unlikely to do in a group)...and I never complained about having to find a group.

@lostpenguin..

I'll ignore most of your 'assumptions' about me as a person...I'm above replying to you.

Going afk 3 times during a group encounter is rude to the other people. You're not wasting 3 people's times who have also paid, so their needs, combined, outweigh yours.

Hence one reason why I rarely group. because you know, I actually AGREE with that. Because it has annoyed me in the past. Yes I accept life does get in the way at times, still annoyed me. So i primarily stay solo. Yet according to some, I shouldn't play an MMO because of that...

Edited by Maviarab

I'm pretty sure it's people like you, who complain about real life "getting in the way of a video game" that make the "majority" of people in MMO's solo. Also, I doubt you're even right about the majority. I'd love to see the number of active subscribers who have not grouped with anyone else.

Harsh, IMO.

Grouping behaviors have changed a lot in MMOs over the years. In the old days, it was pretty easy and trouble free to random group with others in an MMO. But then came WoW and all the mechanics that in some ways encourage bad behaviors. Prior to WoW (middle years, when lfg, cross realm, and other mechanics to let people sit in a capital and random group for instances) people were pretty cool, polite, and considerate about random grouping and random grouping was common. PUGs become more of a problem then a benefit for many, due to player behaviors.

Now days, many people simply will not random group in an MMO, for reasons already expressed by many in these forums since launch. It simply is not worth the grief you expose yourself to in todays MMO community where every 3rd or 4th person wears their keester for a hat.

I personally never PUG. No exceptions. I play to have fun, not get griefed by anti-social and often sociopathic behaviors that random PUGs bring to today's MMOs. I do however group with people I know and trust, and with guild mates. As do many people in todays MMOs. I have no personal issue with the current quest chain for HK, as friends and guildmates will be there to help me (and accomadate me on my schedule and enjoyment needs).

As to the topic at hand, Bioware made this game to be playable by many different people and play styles, which includes a lot of solo content if that is what people choose to do. Solo does not mean you do not enjoy the MMO aspects of the game, it simply means you wish to have more control to your play experience then being forced to group with random hopping gerbils, neons, and empty armor posing as virtual meat bags. NOW, since HK51 is essentialy a feature of solo play (he's a companion, not a fluff pet or bind on pickup purple shiny), Bioware really should provide a two tier quest system as follows: 1) multi-part quest line that requires some grouping. 2) a multi-part quest line that does not require grouping, but does require more effort and initative for the solo player.

Fact is, some people really enjoy seeing how far they can push the envelope of skill, cunning, and inventiveness to solo content that typically would require a 2 or 4 man group. So how about we stop with that hate directed at people who want to experience solo content. ;)

Not sure you like my answer (as you seem to think I'm coming from elsewhere from where I was)...but because the majority core market of most games these days (and I said majority and most) are console kids...who feel the need to extend their epeens and brag to their mates ;)

Bullseye by Maviarab. :)

Harsh, IMO.

Grouping behaviors have changed a lot in MMOs over the years. In the old days, it was pretty easy and trouble free to random group with others in an MMO. But then came WoW and all the mechanics that in some ways encourage bad behaviors. Prior to WoW (middle years, when lfg, cross realm, and other mechanics to let people sit in a capital and random group for instances) people were pretty cool, polite, and considerate about random grouping and random grouping was common. PUGs become more of a problem then a benefit for many, due to player behaviors.

Now days, many people simply will not random group in an MMO, for reasons already expressed by many in these forums since launch. It simply is not worth the grief you expose yourself to in todays MMO community where every 3rd or 4th person wears their keester for a hat.

I personally never PUG. No exceptions. I play to have fun, not get griefed by anti-social and often sociopathic behaviors that random PUGs bring to today's MMOs. I do however group with people I know and trust, and with guild mates. As do many people in todays MMOs. I have no personal issue with the current quest chain for HK, as friends and guildmates will be there to help me (and accomadate me on my schedule and enjoyment needs).

As to the topic at hand, Bioware made this game to be playable by many different people and play styles, which includes a lot of solo content if that is what people choose to do. Solo does not mean you do not enjoy the MMO aspects of the game, it simply means you wish to have more control to your play experience then being forced to group with random hopping gerbils, neons, and empty armor posing as virtual meat bags. NOW, since HK51 is essentialy a feature of solo play (he's a companion, not a fluff pet or bind on pickup purple shiny), Bioware really should provide a two tier quest system as follows: 1) multi-part quest line that requires some grouping. 2) a multi-part quest line that does not require grouping, but does require more effort and initative for the solo player.

Fact is, some people really enjoy seeing how far they can push the envelope of skill, cunning, and inventiveness to solo content that typically would require a 2 or 4 man group. So how about we stop with that hate directed at people who want to experience solo content. ;)

I am Urael and I support this message. :p

No really this sums up my thinking on this matter perfectly (wait do you have the brain this week or do I?). ;)

I might have already commented on this, but Id like to say that, though it is disappointing to me that I may have to run an operation to get this companion, I would give credit to Bioware in the way that this might generate interest in running operations that didn't exist for me before.

I gained interest in Flashpoints in the same way, being enticed in by seeing gear that a few people had and finding that the Black Talon was an easy flashpoint to form a group for. If it wasnt for that I would probably never have participated in flashpoints.

Heroics grabbed me with the ease of grouping on planets for it (general chat) combined with a concrete way to make the game's leveling experience more enjoyable by padding a few levels.

So if the intent was to create interest for folks like me, I think it worked.

I would also concur with the idea that folks like to push the envelope in solo play. I do that quite often, trying to run content solo that requires a group...its fun to try and figure out a way to make it work. Sometimes the repair bills outweigh the fun hehe.

A solo version of the quest that has a high difficulty quotient would be fine by me. Perhaps something along the difficulty lines of the original dreadsteed quest for Warlocks in WoW.

Edited by LordArtemis

Harsh, IMO.

Perfectly said, and much more eloquently that what I tried to write lol...

@lostpenguin..

I'll ignore most of your 'assumptions' about me as a person...I'm above replying to you.

Hence one reason why I rarely group. because you know, I actually AGREE with that. Because it has annoyed me in the past. Yes I accept life does get in the way at times, still annoyed me. So i primarily stay solo. Yet according to some, I shouldn't play an MMO because of that...

You're right, they're assumptions, but this discussion is really tiresome about how people try to play the pity-party game ("Woe is me I have interacting with other people" or "I have a real life") or try to play the entitlement game ("I pay just as much money as the next guy") or the no-choice game ("I wanted to play KOTOR 3, but this is all they had").

None of those reasons are valid considering the fact that this game is an MMO. It's the genre of the game. I've tried explaining by making an example of complaining why can't I play a jedi in flying genre of a Star Wars game, yet people don't seem to want to answer that. When people are complaining that a non-necessary thing (a companion) requires some group content in an MMO, and that's not fair to make people group in an MMO... to me, that's like arguing why I can't have Ryu romance Chun-Li in Street Fighter 2. That's because that isn't the type of game it is.

And you're now hyperbolizing what people are saying. I'm not saying you should't play MMO's because of real life. If you found a great way to enjoy the game through solo content. Fantastic! More power to you. However, that doesn't mean every piece of content should be available to you because you decided to play an MMO as single player RPG. People seem to like to draw a line in the sand and say, "Yeah, I can accept I can't get raid loot, but I should be able to get a companion by solo'ing".

I'm asking again... why? It doesn't matter that you can get a lot of things in this game solo, the point is, that it's a group-based game BECAUSE it's an MMO. Everything you can do as a single player can be done as group. But you can't same the same as a single player. You can't do everything a group can. This is one of those things.

Harsh, IMO.

I agree with almost all of this. I will have no problems getting this companion, because I do not mind grouping. But it should be attainable by SOLO means as well. Since it is a companion, which is MOSTLY used for solo play.

As was already stated, make it hard. Make it take (insert time frame here) hours to get. But give the option of people getting it that way.

Before anyone states that you can't make hard solo quest, this is false. It has been done before. ( hunter epic quest in WoW). Many will NOW say that it was not hard. But you can look it up and see the outcrys about it when it was put in. People wanted it nerfed because it was too hard. ( it was'nt too hard it just took time to learn IMO)

Two things with this that bothers me. One, having to do FPs to get this companion. Should not be that way since it is a companion. Something that you really only use solo. And two, there should be in no way,shape, or form that one of the things you have to do is travel to a pvp zone to get something. There will be so much greifing because of this.

Both of these really don't matter to me and my play style. I do both pve and pvp. I also do flashpoints and raid. But on a pve server, NO ONE should have to go to a pvp zone for a quest that does not involve pvping.

Take what I say as you will. Since this is the internet , and people will cry,moan, yell, call people name, and whatever else, from the comfort of their own home. Yet these same people would not do things of this nature in public.

The good old days, where there was a community that knew how to respect each other. Apparently we have no more values, and it's ok to be an ***** to one another.

There is a lot of story in certain flashpoints. There are mid-level flashpoints that DIRECTLY tie to KotOR. The lvl 50 story-mode flashpoints are what continue the story once you are done levelling. Operations, likewise, are continuing the story.

To me, it seems like people who play solo aren't really in this game to experience all of the game's story. They are here to experience the class stories and possibly the planetary stories. Based on what I've read in this post, it sounds like there is little interest in any part of the story beyond what can be done solo.

If that's the case, HK-51 doesn't fall within the realm that solo players are interested in. It's the same way that if you play solo you won't come across <character(s) from KotOR> in certain flashpoints. You miss out on that story. In the same way you will miss the new companion. It's just not part of the story solo-players will choose to participate in.

Bioware has chosen to add something to the game (at no extra charge) that requires grouping. That is their choice. If solo players choose not to group, then they have chosen not to get the new companion, that is their choice.

That all said, do I think getting a new companion should be soloable? Yes.

Do I think the requirement Bioware has established to get that companion are wrong? No

If players aren't grouping and running flashpoints, they are missing out on major story points relating to KotOR, missing out on this companion should be thought of the same way.

It also seems like many solo players who posted in this thread are just determined to not group with anyone else out of principal. Yes there are some examples where a frequent need to go AFK could irk some groups, but I have found that letting a group know such things ahead of time will go a long way towards building patience.

Those that say "I don't want to group with anyone else" are saying "I don't want anything that requires grouping up". HK-51, as Bioware has so far set up, requires group content. By all means people can post and try to get Bioware to change their minds. Just as others can post to try and make solo players change their minds.