Solo Operations and Higher Lvl Flashpoints

Asbiorn

I would love to see an easy mode for the Operations and higher level flashpoints so that they could be done solo with a companion. This mode would be without all the gear drops but allow those of us who have no interest in grouping to still experience the story. They don't even have to give us any exp throughout them. I just want to be able to partake in the story. They could just make it like how it is when you are level 50 and go through the low level flashpoints. The enemies give you no exp, all of the drops are for characters at a much lower level than you, and when it's finished you are only awarded like 5 exp.

I have played other MMO's but have always preferred single player RPG's. I play this game because I love Bioware games and am a huge Star Wars fan. I also greatly enjoyed both KOTOR games, and this game is probably the closest we'll ever see to another KOTOR.

I immensely enjoy this game as it is, but it would be great to go through these missions on my own solely for the story.

Well, considering that in every single flashpoint group i get into, unless its a guild group, its always 'space BAR!!!' or 'press space or you get kicked' type of thing, so i tend to avoid group content that has any conversations in it, because even if the conversation is 3 seconds long, the players complain about me not pressing space bar.

They need to make everything solo-able, but with cut down xp, gear and other stuff to compensate and it can only be done once per character, after that, its the group version or not at all.

Well, considering that in every single flashpoint group i get into, unless its a guild group, its always 'space BAR!!!' or 'press space or you get kicked' type of thing, so i tend to avoid group content that has any conversations in it, because even if the conversation is 3 seconds long, the players complain about me not pressing space bar.

They need to make everything solo-able, but with cut down xp, gear and other stuff to compensate and it can only be done once per character, after that, its the group version or not at all.

if you want to experience the story and not be booted for spacebarring, all you have to do is when someone says to spacebar is also complain about others not spacebarring.

that way you can make the others think you are spacebarring when in fact you are not :p

I would also use this. As a newb to MMOs, I picked Jedi Guardian because the concept fit my character (then later realized this made me a 'tank'). I'd love to be able to do the end-game content on my own (even without any tangible rewards) and avoid the ridicule I'd get if I joined a group of grinders who would rightly expect a good tank in their group.

• 1 year later...

No no no NO! a thousand times no. Never and I mean never make solo operations. That content is and will always be GROUP content exclusive so if you want to experience them, then watch YouTube or join a guild. The game does not need to dumbed down any more and as a raider I do not need my content trivialised just because you are soloist.

More importantly, if their was stand alone single content that was similar to raids in difficulty I would be fine with that but never touch operations.

So you mean

no group content = dumbing down

the game ?

You have never played party-based offline RPGs, did you ?

Of course I have. But this is a MMO meaning group content for the most part therefore you do not need to have solo instances of the operations.

I would also use this. As a newb to MMOs, I picked Jedi Guardian because the concept fit my character (then later realized this made me a 'tank'). I'd love to be able to do the end-game content on my own (even without any tangible rewards) and avoid the ridicule I'd get if I joined a group of grinders who would rightly expect a good tank in their group.

being a guardian does NOT automatically make you a tank LOL:D

It's just this type of reaction that make people want this. I don't mind the difficulty or have to work together at all (I actually prefer that way), but people are jerks and don't let someone who never saw the content to watch the cut-scenes in peace. I myself never was able to enter ONE flashpoint without some jerk yelling to press spacebar. This is a content and story-driven mmo so deal with it, everyone has the right to experience the content as they like. And by making the story available without rewards everyone will be happy. No one will be overgeared because there would be no rewards or xp for that matter. You wont lose people for your operations/flashpoins cause the ones using the "easy" version wont even do it anyways or will get kicked out of the group just for wanted to see the story. And after they see it they will not mind hitting spacebar on the normal and hm versions, everybody wins.

It would not affect you at all, so no use for the rage. Again if the community was fair and respected each other this would never even be proposed. There is space for both type of players in this game.

What will happen at this rate is that people will abandon the game after they enjoy the class stories and it will have less resources to grow, I for one will be canceling my subscription if by the end of the last character nothing is done to help this situations.

(forgive if you are not the type of person who harass other people to skip content but you have to admit that they are the majority. And if you are one of them, please grow up and learn to be in a community, show some respect)

Lastly, no I'll not watch in youtube cause its not the same thing.

Sorry for the text wall

Cheers, and please do not troll, my faith in this community is low enough.

It's just this type of reaction that make people want this. I don't mind the difficulty or have to work together at all (I actually prefer that way), but people are jerks and don't let someone who never saw the content to watch the cut-scenes in peace. I myself never was able to enter ONE flashpoint without some jerk yelling to press spacebar. This is a content and story-driven mmo so deal with it, everyone has the right to experience the content as they like. And by making the story available without rewards everyone will be happy. No one will be overgeared because there would be no rewards or xp for that matter. You wont lose people for your operations/flashpoins cause the ones using the "easy" version wont even do it anyways or will get kicked out of the group just for wanted to see the story. And after they see it they will not mind hitting spacebar on the normal and hm versions, everybody wins.

It would not affect you at all, so no use for the rage. Again if the community was fair and respected each other this would never even be proposed. There is space for both type of players in this game.

What will happen at this rate is that people will abandon the game after they enjoy the class stories and it will have less resources to grow, I for one will be canceling my subscription if by the end of the last character nothing is done to help this situations.

(forgive if you are not the type of person who harass other people to skip content but you have to admit that they are the majority. And if you are one of them, please grow up and learn to be in a community, show some respect)

Lastly, no I'll not watch in youtube cause its not the same thing.

Sorry for the text wall

Cheers, and please do not troll, my faith in this community is low enough.

Make the YouTube video full screen...same thing. You're welcome.

Edited by Phyltr

Make the YouTube video full screen...same thing. You're welcome.

Really mature. But for the remote chance you actually believe in what you are talking and are serious i'll answer this: It's not the same for me and for the people who started this thread, please respect that. Now if you have some actual useful thing as to why it would be so terrible to do it, please let me know. Cause I cant see people unsub if this is implemented. I CAN see people unsub if this or some other solution doesn't happen. If you want me and the people who thinks like me to just youtube the game you are saying I dont need to sub, I can just watch it and the game you probably care for will lose money for new content.

Cheers and please, no more rude answers, lets try to be civil shall we?

Really mature. But for the remote chance you actually believe in what you are talking and are serious i'll answer this: It's not the same for me and for the people who started this thread, please respect that. Now if you have some actual useful thing as to why it would be so terrible to do it, please let me know. Cause I cant see people unsub if this is implemented. I CAN see people unsub if this or some other solution doesn't happen. If you want me and the people who thinks like me to just youtube the game you are saying I dont need to sub, I can just watch it and the game you probably care for will lose money for new content.

Cheers and please, no more rude answers, lets try to be civil shall we?

Sure we can be civil but the same thing goes for you. Your first post is passive aggressive and not really so inviting now is it? The issue with adding this change is that it takes away from actual development and this content does not actually have many cut scenes actually so it isn't like you guys are missing out on much.

The fact remains this content for whatever reason is exclusive to groups and groups only, it is one of the few things that remains untouched and therefore should stay the same. it is really as simple as that.

EDIT: People will unsub about this, but the number is not significant enough to warrant a change. Also your sub means nothing sorry to say. Most money comes from the CM sales not subs.

Edited by theUndead

Sure we can be civil but the same thing goes for you. Your first post is passive aggressive and not really so inviting now is it? The issue with adding this change is that it takes away from actual development and this content does not actually have many cut scenes actually so it isn't like you guys are missing out on much.

The fact remains this content for whatever reason is exclusive to groups and groups only, it is one of the few things that remains untouched and therefore should stay the same. it is really as simple as that.

You are right and I apologize for that, I got in the defensive cause of the posts. Your argument is actually very valid and this is what I was looking for, just a friendly discussion. I still would want something to happen, maybe not in this way exactly. Like getting a system that see if someone who has not seen the content yet (legacy wise to be fair) in the group, than the space bar would not work or a way to punish players who kick someone just for wanting to see the story (yes even the first flashpoint). It's hard enough to find a group for them.

Cheers

I actually like the idea, might add a bit more "roleplay" to the game. I personally do not care about loot which would come from this, I would just run it for the experience.

You got the spirit of the idea friend, even if its not as much content as the leveling, some people just want to experience the content as it was meant, now this is where opinions will divide. Some people will say it is a group gameplay content and thats is the core, and others who like to roleplay will say that the dialog is an important part of the experience.

I wouldnt mind this, it's not a bad idea

I have to admit that waiting for cut scenes in ops has never been an issue. Shouldn't be a problem there IMO

Most of the time you have some one explains the next fight or some bio break or worse yet the Guy with the bad connection. Point is there's often so much down time it's insane.

Flashpoints are another story, they are group finder usually as a PUG so you get a lot of worst kind of players there a times. Just announce that you have never done it and you should be good.

I do think that it would be a good idea, because heck storyline is such a huge part of this game

Edited by kirorx

You are right and I apologize for that, I got in the defensive cause of the posts. Your argument is actually very valid and this is what I was looking for, just a friendly discussion. I still would want something to happen, maybe not in this way exactly. Like getting a system that see if someone who has not seen the content yet (legacy wise to be fair) in the group, than the space bar would not work or a way to punish players who kick someone just for wanting to see the story (yes even the first flashpoint). It's hard enough to find a group for them.

Cheers

No worries. I understand what you are saying, I really do. You see I wouldn't actually be against say having a solo mode for flashpoints like that would not bother me because I know that their are people, like yourself, who would prefer to do things at their own pace. I have also maintained that while I am firmly against the changes to operations as those instances are far too complex, additional solo content that was of operation difficulty I would support.

But as a raider I will always maintain that operations should stay as they are but I do understand their are those who do not think as I do.