In game insults

AlannTH

Was in Black hole last week, was a player I see heals a lot in that area and she asks for none flagged PVP players for torvix only. Some players are ok with it some moan, its her choice, but I was shocked at the torrent of abuse leveled at the player, very unpleasant insults about her sexuality and other disgusting unwarranted rants. I told her to put them on ignore. I asked them to stop and was myself swore at and called a torrent of sexualy offensive swears.

This happens in most games and I am not nieve but its the ferocity of the insults that shocked me. A guy called Brogars and a guy called Drethox, who said to me Brogars was his bro. I have been other places in the game and seen similare things. When I first started the game it was never as bad as this. I hope with the introduction of FTP it does not get any worse. All these players are on ignore now, I told her to complain or screen shoot any further insults. :confused:

People were viciously insulting this healer because she asked for a non-PvP-flagged group?:confused:

What server are you on? Sure, people hurl insults around all the time in general on Shadowlands but I usually only see it on the lower planets, never in BH (everyone seems too busy rushing through their dailies as quickly as possible to bother with chat except for "LFG/Torvix").

And no, it's not going to get better with f2p. If anything it will get far, far worse.

People were viciously insulting this healer because she asked for a non-PvP-flagged group?:confused:

What server are you on? Sure, people hurl insults around all the time in general on Shadowlands but I usually only see it on the lower planets, never in BH (everyone seems too busy rushing through their dailies as quickly as possible to bother with chat except for "LFG/Torvix").

And no, it's not going to get better with f2p. If anything it will get far, far worse.

And the sad truth for me is that I cap'd the ignore list and been cycling through my lists every time I'm on TOR sinse the 2nd month after launch...

I honestly will pay any reasonable cash amount for a larger ignore list...the immaturity that F2P will bring shall be a living hell .

sad really sad. getting flagged for pvp and having to go back to your ship waiting for it to go away on a pve server for some inconsiderate child and then getting flamed about it is really pathetic. but if the game mechanics prevented pvpers from being healed from a non flagged pver it would eliminate a lot of this. if other mmos can do this then this one should be able to.

i really wish the ignore list had the same features as the friends list. that is a place for comments, to see if these people are logged in and where if so. i guess the mechanic in itself would prevent the last two though. the comments are really needed though.

I hope in addition to /ignore you also reported the players for harrassment via in-game ticket. When you do, here are the things you'll want to include:

names of problem players

date and time (include timezone) of incident

server, zone and chat channel

a brief synopsis of the problem

measures you took to resolve the problem yourself (it is helpful if you asked for the behavior to stop, and put offenders on /ignore. Don't say "reported!", don't resort to abusive language yourself).

If you aren't sure what constituted harrassment, check the Rules of Conduct which are linked at the bottom of this page. There's a fair amount of hostility in the gaming community to the reporting of problem players, but one can't get in trouble for doing nothing wrong. It only takes a few minutes to open a ticket - don't hesitate to do so when appropriate.

The Red Eclipse server, Empire side.

i really wish the ignore list had the same features as the friends list. that is a place for comments, to see if these people are logged in and where if so. i guess the mechanic in itself would prevent the last two though. the comments are really needed though.

And this is why instead of putting people on ignore I add them to my friends list and write a comment about their behaviour (usually involving language that irl would be considered hate speech). I can track them, avoid them and ignore them if needed. You'd be surprised how many people were just having a bad day and are extremely friendly and polite every other time I come across them. Of course, most remain trolls and hate mongers. :rolleyes:

And this is why instead of putting people on ignore I add them to my friends list and write a comment about their behaviour (usually involving language that irl would be considered hate speech). I can track them, avoid them and ignore them if needed. You'd be surprised how many people were just having a bad day and are extremely friendly and polite every other time I come across them. Of course, most remain trolls and hate mongers. :rolleyes:

i do that too for those with lesser infractions. i only put those on ignore that i really don't want to group with. everyone has a bad day but some behavior is just beyond this. what the op is talking about isn't a bad day except unless you are talking about the poor healer whom people in chat are making him now have.

What is mind boggling is why the hell the game flags you for PvP while you're inside a PvE instance like the heroic End of Torvix. It makes no freaking sense and it's really annoying. If I'm healing I get flagged for certain. Is this BW's way of encouraging PvP stuff ?

BW actually responds very promptly to harrassment tickets. I've gotten a warning myself for calling someone lazy for demanding people do his Nar Shaddaa class quests for him so he wouldn't have to level. (admittedly I did get a bit excessive after a while) But I've been careful to watch myself since.

I hope in addition to /ignore you also reported the players for harrassment via in-game ticket. When you do, here are the things you'll want to include:

names of problem players

date and time (include timezone) of incident

server, zone and chat channel

a brief synopsis of the problem

measures you took to resolve the problem yourself (it is helpful if you asked for the behavior to stop, and put offenders on /ignore. Don't say "reported!", don't resort to abusive language yourself).

If you aren't sure what constituted harrassment, check the Rules of Conduct which are linked at the bottom of this page. There's a fair amount of hostility in the gaming community to the reporting of problem players, but one can't get in trouble for doing nothing wrong. It only takes a few minutes to open a ticket - don't hesitate to do so when appropriate.

This, this, a hundred times this.

Give them names, times, server, everything that they can use to look through chat logs and find stuff.

No excuse for that behavior.

And the sad truth for me is that I cap'd the ignore list and been cycling through my lists every time I'm on TOR sinse the 2nd month after launch...

I honestly will pay any reasonable cash amount for a larger ignore list...the immaturity that F2P will bring shall be a living hell .

Account ignore would be nice also.:)

What is mind boggling is why the hell the game flags you for PvP while you're inside a PvE instance like the heroic End of Torvix. It makes no freaking sense and it's really annoying. If I'm healing I get flagged for certain. Is this BW's way of encouraging PvP stuff ?

Does that make a difference though? If you get flagged for PVP while in an instanced PVE area, you're still not going to get killed by an enemy player. You just need to be sure to unflag when you're done.

It's an inconvenience certainly, but I wouldn't call it a problem demanding time from the CS people while they work on significantly larger fixes.

Does that make a difference though? If you get flagged for PVP while in an instanced PVE area, you're still not going to get killed by an enemy player. You just need to be sure to unflag when you're done.

It's an inconvenience certainly, but I wouldn't call it a problem demanding time from the CS people while they work on significantly larger fixes.

The problem with this method is that you have to wait 5 min in a safe zone before u will unflag and even in the BH daily area you can and will be attacked by the opposite faction if you are flagged. The zone is not faction exclusive. So once u leave the heroic or are kicked out due to the group leader leaving the instance you are now potentially free game to get ganked by the opposing faction. I for one don't want to heal flagged players in any ops/fp/heroic due to them flagging me on the first heal.

I agree with those who said send in a ticket and put as much detail about the incident as possible. CS will get on this very quickly.

And yes i'm betting my ignore list will get maxed when f2p hits