certain PVPers

bobmcbo

this is a question I've had ever since I started PVP in mmos, and I first decided to ask now, since it tends to show up in every game I've played.

why is it, that players tend to use all their "cheap" attacks/strategies in PVP, but not the PVE equivalent?

say someone is in PVP; they always CC everyone they run into to death.

later in PVE, they don't even attempt that strategy once, even against an enemy that's ripping everyone apart.

whats with that?

this is a question I've had ever since I started PVP in mmos, and I first decided to ask now, since it tends to show up in every game I've played.

why is it, that players tend to use all their "cheap" attacks/strategies in PVP, but not the PVE equivalent?

say someone is in PVP; they always CC everyone they run into to death.

later in PVE, they don't even attempt that strategy once, even against an enemy that's ripping everyone apart.

whats with that?

I believe it is because it is not as important in pve and people don't want to try their hardest if they don't really have to.

I believe it is because it is not as important in pve and people don't want to try their hardest if they don't really have to.

I'm not talking about open world PVP. I'm talking about warzones where nothing really matters until you're level 50

On average, a PvP encounter involving two players - one dies. 50% death rate.

On average, a PvE standard pull very rarely kills the player. low death rate.

People start pulling out CC, and all their tricks in PvE when they pull harder mobs, tougher packs, or accidentally aggro more than one pull.

Its a matter of the right tool to fit the job - theres no point blowing CC if you dont need it.