Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

All new players! Be aware of bug!

MajorAssassin

My brother was playing the game, when he ran away of an enemy, for some reason it stopped chasing him. That was very bad, because even though he was no longer in combat for real, the game thought he was becuase of fighting the creature and running away.. He could not do anything besides fight other creatures and run. No matter where you run, you are still "in combat". You cant logout or quit while in combat.

I can tell you how to fix this, however. To stop your "combat," the only thing you can do is die, and you will be out of the "combat." You might of thought of that eventually, but i take no chances. I hope this helps. This happened while he was an Empire player, Sith Inquisitor, level 4. This could be specific bug, or a general one. This will propably not happen to you I dont think.

I have had this happen as well but after killing the next mob (any mob at all) it would always take me out of combat.

This is my experience as well.

When you should be in a non-combat state, but aren't because of this bug, just go fight something else. Once that combat is resolved, both the normal and the phantom combat state disappear.

My brother was playing the game, when he ran away of an enemy, for some reason it stopped chasing him. That was very bad, because even though he was no longer in combat for real, the game thought he was becuase of fighting the creature and running away.. He could not do anything besides fight other creatures and run. No matter where you run, you are still "in combat". You cant logout or quit while in combat.

I can tell you how to fix this, however. To stop your "combat," the only thing you can do is die, and you will be out of the "combat." You might of thought of that eventually, but i take no chances. I hope this helps. This happened while he was an Empire player, Sith Inquisitor, level 4. This could be specific bug, or a general one. This will propably not happen to you I dont think.

Yeah this is a know bug and its happened to me several times but like already stated it tends to fix itself or just fight a lower mob and it tend to get you out of combat mode...:cool:

Never had this problem, had mobs end up under the ground and attack me but never had a phantom combat state happen to me with any of my characters. The only Inquisitor bug I ran into was the Story Mission bug on Dromund Kaas at level 40 however BioWare has fixed that bug.

Is it possible that the mob isn't attacking you because they're attacking either a) your companion, who doesn't run away, or b) another player that you can't see because you ran away?

I've never had a problem. And I do regularly run away. I get far enough, they stop chasing, and then combat ends.

Alt+F4 = problem solved.Click on swtor icon and log back in.

This is my experience as well.

When you should be in a non-combat state, but aren't because of this bug, just go fight something else. Once that combat is resolved, both the normal and the phantom combat state disappear.

^ This, and can confirm it's a bug, not a still too close to aggro'd npc issue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.