Sentinel str or willpower ?

DJHawk

This has got to be the most air-headed question I have ever heard...

Strength is your main-stat and it affects Melee and Force Damage and Crit.

Someone was not loved as a child

Feel free to ask more questions if you are unsure about things, and ignore idiots like that. You will attract less of this kind of thing if you ask in the new player help section.

Someone was not loved as a child

Feel free to ask more questions if you are unsure about things, and ignore idiots like that. You will attract less of this kind of thing if you ask in the new player help section.

I was quite loved actually. It's just that this was an extremely "Derp" question.

I was quite loved actually. It's just that this was an extremely "Derp" question.

I'm quite sure even you didn't begin this game knowing everything there was to know about it. If you can't be friendly towards new players, then don't bother to post.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

I'm quite sure even you didn't begin this game knowing everything there was to know about it. If you can't be friendly towards new players, then don't bother to post.

Or I could just have the reasonable expectation of people reading tool-tips or checking out the 2 or 3 guides that are on the first page of this subforum.

Most people (99.9%) manage to figure out what their main stat is during the first 30 minutes of playing the game, or at the very least, while still on the starting planet. I mean, there's even a loading screen tip about it. The problem is, this is the Google generation where no one thinks for themselves anymore. Just ask someone else or make a "text speak" post on the forums and someone else will think for you.

Most people (99.9%) manage to figure out what their main stat is during the first 30 minutes of playing the game, or at the very least, while still on the starting planet. I mean, there's even a loading screen tip about it. The problem is, this is the Google generation where no one thinks for themselves anymore. Just ask someone else or make a "text speak" post on the forums and someone else will think for you.

well, aint this game for the easyasshell generation, cos you just level up, don't have to spend skillpoints on abilitys etc, and really can't misspick what ur class dosen't use skill wise?

Edited by Tontse

I agree! The last thing this game needs is people like this. Im starting to run out of room in my ignore list for these people. The only stupid question is the one that was never asked!

I agree! The last thing this game needs is people like this. Im starting to run out of room in my ignore list for these people. The only stupid question is the one that was never asked!

So, instead of raising expectations of others, we should lower them? Have you ever seen Idiocracy?

You're nit picking that I said it was an airheaded question, not retarded, not dumb, not stupid. I essentially said that this was a derpy question that could have been answered if the guy just hovered over Strength and Willpower in the character sheet and compare which one did more for them (Strength being Melee Damage/ Crit and Force damage/ Crit, whereas Willpower being simply Force Damage/ Crit).

I am so sorry that I expect others to help themselves, and I am so sorry that I am apparently completely unhelpful even though I wrote and posted a guide for the two highest Sentinel DPS specs.

I am a horrible person, and I should rethink my life.

So, instead of raising expectations of others, we should lower them? Have you ever seen Idiocracy?

You're nit picking that I said it was an airheaded question, not retarded, not dumb, not stupid. I essentially said that this was a derpy question that could have been answered if the guy just hovered over Strength and Willpower in the character sheet and compare which one did more for them (Strength being Melee Damage/ Crit and Force damage/ Crit, whereas Willpower being simply Force Damage/ Crit).

I am so sorry that I expect others to help themselves, and I am so sorry that I am apparently completely unhelpful even though I wrote and posted a guide for the two highest Sentinel DPS specs.

I am a horrible person, and I should rethink my life.

Expecting someone quite obviously incapable of reading tooltips to read tooltips is in and of itself... oh, what was the word... air-headed?

There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Expecting someone quite obviously incapable of reading tooltips to read tooltips is in and of itself... oh, what was the word... air-headed?

There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Not air-headed, idealistic.

Also, there is such a thing as a stupid question, especially the ones that can be easily answered by the person posing the question.

Also, there is such a thing as a stupid question, especially the ones that can be easily answered by the person posing the question.

Because Google exists, by your logic, every question not pertaining to mysticism or unanswered questions in science are stupid questions.

"Easily" is entirely subjective. What's easy for you might not be so easy for someone else. For the OP, it should be quite obvious that they thought the best way to remedy their ignorance was to make a thread about it.

You are being rebutted because you show a lack of decency in your answer. Spouting names doesn't win yourself any fans and defending your actions only worsens your standing. Just because you can post anonymously in this information age shouldn't give you license to shun interpersonal decorum.

I usually side against the insensitive flamer but in this instance I have to agree that the OP is just too lazy. I immediately thought the op was a troll when I saw it. I mean come on you have to really try not to know what your main stat is in this game.... Now unless the op is about 4 years old there is just no excuse for a question this moronic.... You might as well ask how to dial 911....

If you are watchman spec. You should stack willpower so it increases you burn dmg. This with power and surge will put you ahead of other focus sentinels. Remember, burns are force/elemental dmg so you want willpower....

Swear.....

And the circle remains unbroken

If you are watchman spec. You should stack willpower so it increases you burn dmg. This with power and surge will put you ahead of other focus sentinels. Remember, burns are force/elemental dmg so you want willpower....

Swear.....

I'm just going to assume that you're not being serious so that this doesn't keep me up tonight...