UnRanked Warzones => Bolster | Ranked Warzones => Gear Check

DkSharktooth

I would like to see UnRanked Warzones more balanced. You don't need gear to stomp on new players or pugs. UnRanked Warzones should be solo que or 2man que only and not gear dependent at all. You should be able to go in basic gear and have the base stats bolstered bioware would like designed for your class at level 50 pvp. This should make matches more fair, fun, and even.

In Ranked Warzones, this is where your hard work should pay off for gear, alt buffs, remoding, ect. Also, can we get rewards that embody the word prestigious and not just a different plain color>? Ranked Warzones need cross server queing to be more effective.

Edited by DkSharktooth

Seriously the gear gap is not huge. Bolster is also a terrible system and gives no incentive to getting gear at all.

So fresh 50, bolstered goes in and pvps. Has nothing to work for. Quits in a week like everyone I know did with GW2

I would like to see UnRanked Warzones more balanced. You don't need gear to stomp on new players or pugs. UnRanked Warzones should be solo que or 2man que only and not gear dependent at all. You should be able to go in basic gear and have the base stats bolstered bioware would like designed for your class at level 50 pvp. This should make matches more fair, fun, and even.

In Ranked Warzones, this is where your hard work should pay off for gear, alt buffs, remoding, ect. Also, can we get rewards that embody the word prestigious and not just a different plain color>? Ranked Warzones need cross server queing to be more effective.

Where does this idea come from that unranked warzones are for fresh 50s? They are unranked because you do not gain a rating in competitive matches, that's all it means. If a war hero augmented player wants to solo queue he/she is entitled to do this as much as the undergeared.

There is a solo queue, and a small group queue and that is the only limitation, and I like it this way.

What is most likely needed is other ways for fresh 50's to gain gear other than a free set of pvp gear. Maybe some world pvp daily's that grant comms.

Seriously the gear gap is not huge. Bolster is also a terrible system and gives no incentive to getting gear at all.

Noob! :)

Actually, bolster in 10-49 highly incentivizes getting good gear. Your stats are based on how much gear you have for your level. A totally twinked-out person in all purples, all augmented with purples, will have 16k hitpoints or so and hit like a freight train. Someone in typical leveling "sorta up to date with level" gear will have 11-12k hitpoints.

It makes a huge difference.

Noob! :)

Actually, bolster in 10-49 highly incentivizes getting good gear. Your stats are based on how much gear you have for your level. A totally twinked-out person in all purples, all augmented with purples, will have 16k hitpoints or so and hit like a freight train. Someone in typical leveling "sorta up to date with level" gear will have 11-12k hitpoints.

It makes a huge difference.

This is correct!

MMM...bolstering stats at @ 50, I am on-board. How do I go about doing this? Oh yea I get better gear, system is already in play, problem solved.

Of course you want a system that involves you doing nothing as player, this philosophy mirrors real life, people want to be successful without doing any work to get there.

Now I would agree if they could implement a system that factors in "dumb" that might work!

This is a terrible idea

I enjoy que'ing with three friends during the day for normal warzones and in the evening possibly doing ranked

What you propose is punishing those of us who worked hard on our gear and not allowing us to que with friends. Sorry but this is a MMO not a single player rp game

so in short, spend less times on forums qq'ing and get gear

Now I would agree if they could implement a system that factors in "dumb" that might work!

That's why practice makes perfect. With stats normalized, ppl will STILL complain on these forums until they L2P and get better. It's how it goes...